Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

2010 China Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 07:00 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the testing ban has probably hurt Ferrari more, since they have that private track and all.

Massa has been known to make mistakes. He has gotten much better and has grown more confident up until his wreck. It was not that long ago that he was considered to be Kimi's #2.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:08 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I would assume Raj to have something other than Spanish blood.

Red Bull up front again. Watch for Webber to try and return the favour from Malaysia. Hope this doesn't end in tears at Turn 1.
That is correct. I am not spanish. Just admire Alonso's driving. What he did to Schumacher was beyond belief.
Raj
Old 04-17-2010, 07:10 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Settle down Raj, there already is one Spanish ***** in F1 circles...

Just kidding man but what I mean is let's not get too sensitive about the Rennlist F1 crap we all load on each others every now and then, we all share the same passion so we're very similar bunch of guys, we just like different drivers.

I just wish we all could one day sit down, have few beers and bull**** about F1 together.
I have absolutely no doubt even Pete & Wayne would really have good time if we did it.

P.S. I just have assumed you're Spanish (I know you're not a *****)? Or just Alonso fan?
I plan to be at Montreal in a couple of months, in case any of you guys plan to be there. Would love to catch up and chit chat.
Regards.
Raj
Old 04-17-2010, 07:16 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn , i wanted Alonso to get past Webbo so bad , being behind him at the start is a disater waiting to happen . Webbo has perfected the stoolmacher chop coupled with the coulthard wide stance , he is going to push someone off

Finn: Massa is not even on the same Plain , Alonso is almost as comfortable with Massa's pace as Rosberg is of schumachers pace ...

Lunch would not work for Petal , she is usually in daycare at about that time invite Lewis instead, at least he knows a likkle about racing, we can edimucate him on the rest ....

Vettel only wins tomorrow if webbo clogs up the race and allow him to get away ...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 04-17-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:04 AM
KurtC
Instructor

Glad to see McLaren finally get up there in qualifying. I'm really hoping for rain, should be a good race. Since I missed the poll, I predict SV will lead the way, FA will pass MW, and LH will jump JB and NR. Sutil will smash into MS, and both the Virgins and Lotus' will..... ahh, who cares. Later in the race, MW will instinctively bull-doze the rear of FA trying to make up the 5min gap between him and SV. Moments later SV's car will explode.

BTW, I just started downloading the BBC coverage of qualifying and races and those guys put Speed to shame! Very professional, better organized and more interesting. Not that I dislike the Speed crew.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:41 AM
Jan K
Instructor

Location: A Swede in the Canary islands, Spain (on the African coast)
Received 63 Likes on 23 Posts
Default F1

I say.
Alonso
Hamilton
Vettel
Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pretty eventful race with thousand pit stops, man the crews were working overtime and in the case or Red Bull's, they were screwing up all the time, wtf? 1st Webber (which also screwed up Vettel), then both Vettel's pit stops after that were extremely slow, he lost quite a few placed due to that.

Great drives really from all of them, it was so dicey but especially Hamilton, Alonso, Kubica, Rosberg and Button. Vettel too but the result wasn't that great because of all the time lost in pits.
Schumi looked pretty lost out there... He's really being schooled by his young team mate.

Besides driving great, Hamilton was really "out there" with his pit maneuvers... I like to see them battle but he deserves a penalty for the pit lane side by side and also going into the pits and passing on the outside. And I REALLY hate that they didn't give, or not give, him penalty during the race.

I'm not sure if the latter is legal or not? If illegal, Alonso is in the same boat as he pushed Massa out of his way (that showed what's really going on behind that "We're doing well together etc." BS) on their way to the pits.

Title hunt is quite tight, Button on top but so many of them so close together.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:58 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Alonso jumped, which compromised his race from the start. I think, Alonso realized that if he didn't get ahead of Massa at the pit entrance, he would be stuck behind him again. As far as it being the same kind of infraction as what Hamilton did to Vettel, I have to disagree. No one was in harm's way with Alonso's move but Hamilton's move could have cost a pit member some injury.
Hamilton needs to be told that he does not own the road and people can't be expected to just move out of the way.
I guess, this is what happens when you have been spoon fed your entire career.
I can't wait to see a normal race so we can see what the true pecking order is.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:05 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I say Bernie needs to have sprinkler systems installed at every track to wet the surface down.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:56 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

+1! ^^

That's the first thing I thought of last night before I went to bed. Whenever there is rain, the races are fantastic. Lots of passing, and safety cars to bunch up the field (except, what was the 2nd safety car for? NASCAR competition yellow?)

The last 10 or so laps were kind of boring. Everyone was just riding along at that point (save for 8, 9, and 10th were a little exciting with Massa, Shumi, and the Russian). 10 laps of cruising is better than 50 though, which is what usually seems to happen in the dry.

Over all, a great race.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:28 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

That was a bizarre race. I am still having a hard time comprehending what I saw. Start of the race false start, accident, safety car, oh the track is getting wet we better pit, dang that was a dumb call going to intermediates this soon as these tires are not holding up and we better go back to slicks. For most drivers they had two pit stops all within the first 4-5 laps of the race, then back to intermediates when the rain returned later in the race, another safety car, one more round of intermediates tire pit stops.

Lewis Hamilton drove well, but what's with him cutting the line leading into the pits and then he and Vettel both were wheel to wheel exiting the pits. I can see how the exit is hard to rule on but he clearly cut the line on pit entry. But I will say one thing about Jenson Button. He is proving that he is one of the best when needing to be a smooth driver on the track will win you races.

Truly a bizarre race.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:33 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amjf088
Gotta say I did not see Button coming away with two wins out of the first four races. His decision to go to McLaren certainly seems to have been the right one thus far.

The raciest drives looked like Hamilton and Alonso, as they both did a bunch of passing to make up positions.

I thought Petrov looked very good. Certainly Kubica is the star of that team, but Petrov is certainly showing that he has good capabilities.
only 2 of us picked him... I was not one of them either.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the pit incident between Vettel and Hamilton was a **** poor move on both drivers parts. Vettel was the 'overtaking' driver and has the vision of what's going on. He starts all the way left and then pinches down on Hamilton the further they get down pitlane. There's a reason the moving lane in the pits is two cars wide. I would have read the riot act to both of them after the race for that kind of driving at the very least. I think a 10 spot penalty for both of them in the next grid would have been a good move.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/61...r-Lewis-Vettel

Vettel's a smart bugger using his good guy image to make it through some stuff. Earlier in the race he pushed Hamilton wide into Webber forcing Webber off and then Red Bull get's in a tizzy over it saying that Hamilton intentionally drove Webber off course. As someone else put it. A lot like Schumacher vs. Montoya when Montoya was always perceived as teh bad guy.

Alonso just cemented his place in the douchebag hall of fame by racing his own teammate into pit entrance. Wish I was the fly on the wall during the team meeting when that comes up. How can anyone say he's not a team wrecker after a crap move like that.

Schumacher was in teh middle of some great racing, sadly on the losing end everytime it seemed.

Sure was nice to see more than one pitstop during the race too. Even if it was due to changing conditions.

Good win by Button and I'm sure he was quite happy that the race wasn't a lap or two longer.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:01 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Button has been one of the surprises of the year, thought Hamiltron would bulldoze him but he seems to be getting even better, really earned some street cred since the season started... it was a good race, loving the rain!
Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Schumi looked pretty lost out there... He's really being schooled by his young team mate.
Things not looking well for Schumi... glad Rosberg's not turning out to be just another famous guy's kid, he looks like he could have made it on his own.... perhaps a future world champion?
Besides driving great, Hamilton was really "out there" with his pit maneuvers... I like to see them battle but he deserves a penalty for the pit lane side by side and also going into the pits and passing on the outside. And I REALLY hate that they didn't give, or not give, him penalty during the race.
I can't believe no penalty for that!
I'm not sure if the latter is legal or not? If illegal, Alonso is in the same boat as he pushed Massa out of his way (that showed what's really going on behind that "We're doing well together etc." BS) on their way to the pits.
From GPUpdate: Massa briefly explained his side of the story. "I ended up on a puddle of water coming out of the hairpin and slightly lost control of the car," the Brazilian recalled. "He managed to get inside me, passing me going into the pit lane; I lost some places because of it, as I had to wait for his stop to be finished."

Shame that Massa didn't seem up to it today overall...
Title hunt is quite tight, Button on top but so many of them so close together.
Was hoping for a better finish for Vettel, but this is a great season so far
Old 04-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Button has been one of the surprises of the year, thought Hamiltron would bulldoze him but he seems to be getting even better, really earned some street cred since the season started... it was a good race, loving the rain!
I agree that Button has been a surprise. A surprise in how smart he's been racing. He's been outpaced by his teammate in I think every race but has made better tactical decisions. Today with the non-pit and in the first win with his early pit. Get's the car in the right spot at the right time. Sure some of it may be luck but if it keeps happening like this it sure seems to me that it's just a good decision process.

Quick Reply: 2010 China Grand Prix