Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

2010 China Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that when incidents endanger lives of drivers (and possibly fans?), the FIA should step in and hand out penalties. But I like the fact that this year, more race results are being decided on track rather than in race control, or worse, in the courtroom.

I have a wait and see opinion on how this change will pan out with respect to driver safety. You gotta believe that whoever is reviewing this stuff knows something about crash safety, etc.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:14 PM
MissBehavin'
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was amaaaazed to hear Massa tow the team line. Puddles my ***! Alonso had to pass Massa somewhere and get in first. Stacking cars in the pits has its own life! Although reckless in execution, it was team orders I'm sure. Guaranteed.

I think the Hamilton/Vettel incident deserved more than a reprimand. It could have been quite tragic with fresh rubber and wet painted line scenario. And had they crashed coming in, it would have screwed up many drivers.

Anyone notice how that second or two extra that Webber took looked vaguely familiar to Alonso/Hamilton. Vettel recouped but what an old school move.

Speaking of old school Nascar moves... what was that second SC for??? Anything really? CW definitely was France-in' it up there

All in all, great race. Three weeks and counting...
Old 04-19-2010, 04:26 PM
GNR996
Race Car

just finished watching the race. enjoyed this one again, wish I had picked Button again.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MissBehavin'
I was amaaaazed to hear Massa tow the team line. Puddles my ***! Alonso had to pass Massa somewhere and get in first. Stacking cars in the pits has its own life! Although reckless in execution, it was team orders I'm sure. Guaranteed.

I think the Hamilton/Vettel incident deserved more than a reprimand. It could have been quite tragic with fresh rubber and wet painted line scenario. And had they crashed coming in, it would have screwed up many drivers.

Anyone notice how that second or two extra that Webber took looked vaguely familiar to Alonso/Hamilton. Vettel recouped but what an old school move.

Speaking of old school Nascar moves... what was that second SC for??? Anything really? CW definitely was France-in' it up there

All in all, great race. Three weeks and counting...
What about Schumacher's behavior ..... Familiar ?
Old 04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Hamilton AND Vettel have both been given a warning (Hamilton's 2nd so far)...

So (again) a slap on the wrist of Hamilton but why did Vettel get a same penalty as Hamilton?
He was ahead of Hamilton on pit lane when McLaren released him. 1st of all, it's a mistake from McLaren to due so, 2nd, since Vettel is ahead of Hamilton, he needs to go behind him, not drive side by side.
What was Vettel supposed to do? Pit lane is for one car and a car that's ahead, stays ahead.

+1 Vettel was ahead so the pit lane is "his". Hamilton was behind so he should've moved behind, not stay side by side.

Indeed, that sure was a mess... It would be interesting to see who has where (as far as track positions go) before & after that parking lot Button created.
Hamilton should have received a penalty , Alonso blew the race , this one was his to lose and he did... .

Originally Posted by ltc
I like action, especially wheel to wheel and strategy, but in both cases (Hamilton...entering and exiting the pits and Button....restart race pace) I believe it put people at risk for no reason.
Both cases clearly showed lack of character, IMHO.

As for Little Miss Sunshine and her entrance to the pit lane with her teammate, I was definitely not surprised, nor was I surprised by the team's reaction and post race comments from the driver's involved.

Luca bought his little bitch, now he has to sleep with her. It will be interesting to see what his reaction is the morning after, if she fails to win the WDC.

Where 's your ire at that little Bitch Schumacher and his dirty driving , slow 2

At least Alonso showed Massa the way home, Schumacher has to use Bluetooth to communicate with Rosberg..

Congrats to Button , he drove well, did what he had to do and produced the results .........
Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Vettel did NOTHING WRONG.

Louise on the other hand continues (and I say continues because this is just the latest controversy in a line of incidents) to make a mockery of the rules and safety...then again this is McLaren's MO.

Button should've at least been given a warning for his pace lap antics...I think a drive through would've been fair.

The issue is, the Stewards are "playing the results"; since nothing happened, no penalties. That's a very dangerous game. Does something have to happen in order for penalties to be issued?

Oh yeah and Mark Webber still sucks!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Louise on the other hand continues (and I say continues because this is just the latest controversy in a line of incidents) to make a mockery of the rules and safety...then again this is McLaren's MO.
When he has his first really big shunt, he'll cut out the nonsense and stick to racing hard. It hasn't hit him that he is mortal yet.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:28 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by amjf088
Vettel's actions compounded the danger.
Agreed ... however Vettel was likely not impressed with how Hamilton got away with cutting in front of him at pit entry and he was not going to just let Hamilton barge in front of him a 2nd time. Vettel is not innocent, but I still have a hard time understand why Hamilton was allowed to get away with cutting into the pit entry line.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:46 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Vettel did NOTHING WRONG.

Button should've at least been given a warning for his pace lap antics...I think a drive through would've been fair.

The issue is, the Stewards are "playing the results"; since nothing happened, no penalties. That's a very dangerous game. Does something have to happen in order for penalties to be issued?

Oh yeah and Mark Webber still sucks!
Hmm, agree with your first two points but Webber was clearly the most disadvantaged driver out there over the course of the race. He was the legitimate leader discluding the Jump starter who would have got pinged, only to be called back because of the ill timed safety car. Had they not crashed in the rear who knows what might have happened, especially if it hadn't have dumped just at the wrong time. He was also held up in the pits with the same problematic front rh wheel delay. He was running a lot more rear wing and was clearly slower down the straight, and then Hamilton bunts him off at the 2nd pace car, again with no penalty!! So how you discern that he sucks is magnificent and clearly too subtle for me. Do I think Mark Webber is the best driver out there, no. Do I think he never makes mistakes, no. Do I think he cops too much crap and not enough accolades, yes.

Last edited by 333pg333; 04-20-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

According to the sporting regulations Hamilton did nothing wrong either.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:16 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

...t'would seem that some are "equaler" than others...
Old 04-20-2010, 11:44 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

Its now quite obvious Button has got under the skin of Hammy ! And Hammy show's sign's of desperate driving to do whatever it takes to beat Button. My opinion.

Both Hammy and Alonso should have been penalized --

FIA Rule 43.5.46a Driving Like an Idiot: If a driver should drive like an idiot, a drive through penalty or loss of champioship points would be applied.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
Its now quite obvious Button has got under the skin of Hammy!
Who would have predicted that?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:56 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sporting regulations say that driver's following the lead driver need to maintain a 10 car gap or something along those lines. Obviously they don't, but they are supposed to. Button was just "controlling" the pace.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:51 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

They actually have to be within 10 car lengths.

Quick Reply: 2010 China Grand Prix