2010 China Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:46 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
We're only 4 races in - it's a long season. If they are both off the pace in September, then it's time for them to go.
Somethings are obvious and inevitable , like Vettel still in training wheels, Like Massa racing Schumacher , Like Hamilton passing and Whining .

With all the obvious F1 brainiacs here , only the FInn and Pete had the ***** to bet The Finn took Vettel, I'm waging he will owe me another on top of the 2 he already owes me at season end , so i'm well in my comfort Zone, well unless Miss sunshine have more weekends like last,

I doubt it , she only have problems in the races at the end of the month ...

I will know who Ray picks @ race 6 .

Laugh of the day :
Schumacher could have won Oz - Haug ( autosport)
Old 04-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
With all the obvious F1 brainiacs here , only the FInn and Pete had the ***** to bet The Finn took Vettel,
Bet vettel for what? This years WDC? Guess again, I picked him too.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Bet vettel for what? This years WDC? Guess again, I picked him too.
I know Larry , but there was no bet, unless you are now stepping up to the plate
Old 04-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I know Larry , but there was no bet, unless you are now stepping up to the plate
Oh I see, an actual bet, for something of perceived value. I prefer not. To tell you the truth Wayne, I think that I would enjoy beating you infinitely less than the thrill you would get beating me, so my best move is not to play.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Oh I see, an actual bet, for something of perceived value. I prefer not. To tell you the truth Wayne, I think that I would enjoy beating you infinitely less than the thrill you would get beating me, so my best move is not to play.
LOL.... Yes just as i thought you would ...

There is no thrill in proving you were wrong larry , the thrill is the tasting of the spoils from so many who think they know ..

How is Rosberg doing , did he learn anything from Schumacher yet ?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

How is Rosberg doing , did he learn anything from Schumacher yet ?
Well, he seems to be more motivated and driving better than he ever has. Once again (in case you missed it) Rosberg has never had a problem being slow. He has ALWAYS had a problem maintaining that pace over race distance. You pick your reasons; is it a new team, the presence of Ross Brawn, the might of Mercedes, or maybe having someone who knows exactly how to drive a race, both physically and mentally, on your team and wanting more than anything to beat them. I say the latter, but I'm sure you'll have a contrary opinion just because...
Old 04-23-2010, 12:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Well, he seems to be more motivated and driving better than he ever has. Once again (in case you missed it) Rosberg has never had a problem being slow. He has ALWAYS had a problem maintaining that pace over race distance. You pick your reasons; is it a new team, the presence of Ross Brawn, the might of Mercedes, or maybe having someone who knows exactly how to drive a race, both physically and mentally, on your team and wanting more than anything to beat them. I say the latter, but I'm sure you'll have a contrary opinion just because...
Rosberg race pace has nothing to do with MS, IMO, the current result is as i had predicated when it was announced he would be joining the team.

Rosberg's pace and consistency has to do more with the team, Williams is still romper room on strategy and could never give Rosberg a car or a strategy that kept him honest over a race distance. Schumacher was already off his ultimate pace from as far back as 05 so much so, it made it easier for Monty to make the decision to "can" him as they knew how slow he was compared to both Barrichello and later Massa, so i did not expect MS to have any pace on his return. His lack of pace and contribution to the team is academic.

Mercedes would be better served with Sutil next to Rosberg , that would be a more formidable pairing , this is not like during schumacher's era , there is serious talent up and down the pitlane with at least 5 drivers in the right setting capable of winning a WDC and currently 3 WDC at the same time all in competitive cars ....
Old 04-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Mercedes would be better served with Sutil next to Rosberg , that would be a more formidable pairing ....
Sutil is certainly doing impressive things in the Force India car. He should be on everyone's short list for a top drive when one opens up.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sutil is certainly doing impressive things in the Force India car. He should be on everyone's short list for a top drive when one opens up.
I am sure he is well aware of what happened to the last driver to jump ship from Force India.
Where is Fisi now?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:51 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,498 Likes on 2,081 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I am sure he is well aware of what happened to the last driver to jump ship from Force India.
Where is Fisi now?
Preparing for Le Mans
Old 04-25-2010, 01:57 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Finally got a chance to watch the race...very interesting. Great performance (again) but Button. As I said, find a way to beat your team mate even if he's got more outright pace. Speaking of outright pace, those awards go to Hamilton and Alonso, although I'll say that both didn't have a perfect race (entrance to pit lane duels, jumping the start for Alonso, and not back off in the pit lane for Hamilton). I think the FIA is being run differently this year and that would account for the leniency on Hamilton, Vettel, and Button. RB should have had a better race. Webber didn't do as well as a top driver should have done in the wet, and both drivers were victims of their pit crew. Good race of Rosberg as well, and his qualifying pace seems to indicate Ross' small add-on's may have improved the pace a bit.

These 3 weeks will be interesting. RB is still clearly the fastest and if Al Roker the weather god doesn't turn on the sprinklers, I think we'll see Vettel close the gap in a hurry. That said, if there'a chance for the teams to find some speed, now is definitely the time to do it. I'd be watchful of Mercedes as I know Senior Brawn has something planned. Mclaren looked great in practice but fell off the pace come qualifying. Even though both drivers say that they did the best they could, I wouldn't put it past the Evil Empire to have switched to a semi-wet weather setting in the hope of bettering the car for Sunday. I would consider their pace as "unknown." Ferrari need to find some reliability in their engines. Alonso claims their race pace is good but over a given lap on dry tanks RB have the advantage. Look for their F-duct system to debut in Spain and for the car to be quicker. Liking the championship so far .
Old 04-25-2010, 02:11 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Where is Fisi now?
Could be worst , he could be driving with Sato ....
Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ltc
Where is Fisi now?
That race Fisichella had in Spa was a fluke. It was the drive of his life in what seems to be an easy car to drive by F1 standards. As soon as he went to the more cantankerous but faster Ferrari, he was exposed as the mediocre driver that he always was. The old pit line that Fisi was a great driver just needing a great car was wrong.

Quick Reply: 2010 China Grand Prix