wow danica what an interview

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:40 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
If she became a consistent winner and displayed some genuine feminine charm, I'd probably become a fan. As it is, she has neither.

Milka at least comes across as enjoying herself, smiles, is relaxed, and I get the feeling she doesn't really care if she wins or not. She is just doing what she loves. Danika on the other hands acts like she is trying to prove she has a set of *****. Just another American "woman" who on the inside is a man, but on the outside has a vagina.
I guess you prefer the inverse? The thread is about a woman you seem to be stuck on all of them.

Milka does not care because she is covered by the hubby. She drives purchased seats.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
I guess you prefer the inverse? The thread is about a woman you seem to be stuck on all of them.

Milka does not care because she is covered by the hubby. She drives purchased seats.
Not only that, she drives purchsed seats slowly. She clearly doesn't belong on the track in IRL. She's NEVER on pace. But Milka's ok because she's a woman who smiles and is pleasant? And Danica is not because she's fairly fast, but too intense? I don't get it. Seems to me there are a lot of people who are threatened by a 5' 2" woman who can drive faster than they can. Just sayin...
Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

All drives are purchased seats these days...yes, even in NA$CAR.
In fact to fill the fields and meet TV quotas for grid sizes, NA$CAR will pay people to just start the race...team owners bring extra cars, etc.

Motorsports...Money....today's lesson has been brought to you by the letter "M"
Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Twist it any way you like, I don't care. This thread was started about Danika and I brought up Milka as a contrast to make a point.

When Danika becomes a champion I will congratulate her. Until then I will continue to think she is way over hyped.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:41 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
All drives are purchased seats these days...yes, even in NA$CAR.
In fact to fill the fields and meet TV quotas for grid sizes, NA$CAR will pay people to just start the race...team owners bring extra cars, etc.

Motorsports...Money....today's lesson has been brought to you by the letter "M"

What? no Mammaries.
That's an 'M' word.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Twist it any way you like, I don't care. This thread was started about Danika and I brought up Milka as a contrast to make a point.

When Danika becomes a champion I will congratulate her. Until then I will continue to think she is way over hyped.
Sure she gets a lot of press, hers is a case of man bites dog and that is news nowadays. Unlike Milk-A Danica does have some driving skill. Thing is being a she is double edged. Being non standard gets her in the spotlight and gets her dinged for doing or saying the same stuff a male driver would. How many drivers are there in Nascar? Do you knock all but the best? Do you call all but the top drivers bastards like you call her a bitch? When in Rome do as the Romans. She is in a male dominated and male watched sport. She can walk the walk with some to many of the other drivers. Why not cater to the "I'd hit it" guys and also talk the talk to the fans? If she strips down and does a photo shoot she is selling her body, If she does an interview straight up with helmet hair she gets knocked for looking rough. Another driver cuts her off and admits it she is a woman crash out. When she heaps accolades on the team and car as all the other drivers are trained to do when in front of a microphone she is over hyping. Ether way she is racing and we are shlubing away at our regular jobs.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Ether way she is racing and we are shlubing away at our regular jobs.
This I can agree with. All the rest boils down to "I'm not of fan of Danika". Every racing fan has his favorites and his goats. She could change my opinion by winning consistently.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:07 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by WHB Porsche
I think it irritates a lot of people on this forum because we love racing. Yet, despite whatever talent we might have, the chance of being successful in professional racing is about 1:5,000,000. Even if I could drive better than Schumi, it would still be nearly impossible to even get a free ride in a pro formula/sportscar series. If I was the best driver, and massively handsome and personable, it'd still be a huge uphill battle to get to race for free.

Then, along comes Danica who has less talent and a worse attitude than a lot of people who we respect and look up to. She's massively successful because she's a woman who's not ugly. And that's fine, it's the name of the game. But the fact that she acts so entitled and gives nothing back in the way of fan appreciation or humility is just what pushes a lot of people from "fan" to "ambivalent" to "hater."

She gets to have something that other people are perhaps more "deserving" of, and that's okay because life isn't fair. But she shows not one ounce of appreciation. It sucks.

^^^^ ^^^^

Danica earns accolades and attention with FHM photoshoots, not excellent racing. The bridge between sports and entertainment is getting ever so blurry. And the fact is that women will never get the same recognition in sports without some cleavage or booty showing.

Look at the WNBA, not as much of that going on there, and they get no interest. Women's track and field or Tennis, completely different story.

Most of you guys hoora'ing Danica because you get to see ***** are part of the problem, don't try to act like you really support her for her talent. As if she were a boy you'd take any recognition to "Dan" at all. Because you wouldn't.

Let's say "Dan" was handicapped somehow, since being a woman in a male dominated field is considered a handicap. You still wouldn't give "Dan" the time of day. May be only understandable if Danica does not appeal to you in the "boob" category. I would be more inclined to support her if she didn't act like a ***** on a regular basis. She's the female Alonso of the racing world. But he's actually done something and still get's bashed to death.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:22 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
She's the female Alonso of the racing world. But he's actually done something and still get's bashed to death.
Yep. Woman or no woman, she has a ****ty entitled attitude. If she won an F1 WDC I still wouldn't be a fan.

She doesn't bother me more than some other drivers because she's a woman. She bothers me more because she gets more attention.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

^^^^ She's the female Alonso of the racing world.
More like the Anna Kornakova of racing. At least Alonso has a world championship.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

More like the Anna Kornakova of racing. At least Alonso has a world championship.
On behalf of Sir A.Wayne (who can't come to the forum right now), I would like to point out that Alonso is a 2 time F1 WDC.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ ^^^^

Most of you guys hoora'ing Danica because you get to see ***** are part of the problem, don't try to act like you really support her for her talent. As if she were a boy you'd take any recognition to "Dan" at all. Because you wouldn't.

Let's say "Dan" was handicapped somehow, since being a woman in a male dominated field is considered a handicap. You still wouldn't give "Dan" the time of day. May be only understandable if Danica does not appeal to you in the "boob" category. I would be more inclined to support her if she didn't act like a ***** on a regular basis. She's the female Alonso of the racing world. But he's actually done something and still get's bashed to death.
Consider all perspectives. I have a young daughter. I want her growing up thinking she can do ANYTHING within her physical capability. So I root for Danica because it's rooting for my daughter.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Greg, I hope you teach your daughter that her feminine nature is her strength, not a weakness. It always makes me laugh to hear women say they are "feminists", because when you observe their actions, speech, and attitudes, they are not feminine at all. They act like men and betray their feminine self. How can they be whole and integrated when they don't embrace who you are? Denying their feminine selves is a type of denial and self hatred. I know some truly feminine asian women, and men are attracted to them like bees to honey. They don't spend their time putting men down or engage in constant competition to see who is stronger. The tomboy type who subjugates her female side is not truly respected in the long run, and it's basically because they have betrayed their female half. to A woman's inner integrity is lost when she does that, and that is reflected in her outer life. They've done this to themselves. Remember when the women's movement told men they should raise their consciousness? I think they forgot to do it themselves. Otherwise you wouldn't be seeing all the pierced, tattooed, sloppy, boyish looking young "women" you see today.

Last edited by Land Jet; 03-02-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:35 AM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg, I hope you teach your daughter that her feminine nature is her strength, not a weakness. It always makes me laugh to hear women say they are "feminists", because when you observe their actions, speech, and attitudes, they are not feminine at all. They act like men and betray their feminine self.
Perhaps Danica is just being herself, neither denying nor embracing anyone else's definition of feminine.

Since we don't fuss about male drivers not being masculine when they fail to meet some definition of megamacho... it's a bit sexist to consider Danica's feminity when arguing her track manners. She's just unlikeable. As are a lot of drivers. But until those other drivers have to answer for their masculinity or lack-thereof... Danica shouldn't have to answer for any degree of feminity.

If I want to be the stereotype of feminine, I save it for a night out or a night in with my boyfriend. Because then it's honest and appropriate. I don't feel compelled to meet anyone's definition of feminine when I'm on the track, fighting in martial arts tournaments, or competing in target archery. I just have to be myself at those times. Whether that comes across as feminine or not is not on my mind. It's not important to me... not if I wish to do my best and have fun.

How many men exit their race cars and begin asking themselves, "Am I meeting the viewing public's criteria for masculine?", "Will I be embracing my gender if I respond negatively to what happened on the track?" Yeah, right.

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
I have a young daughter. I want her growing up thinking she can do ANYTHING within her physical capability. So I root for Danica because it's rooting for my daughter.
Fantastic
Old 03-03-2010, 04:38 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by 911vet
Since we don't fuss about male drivers not being masculine when they fail to meet some definition of megamacho... it's a bit sexist to consider Danica's feminity when arguing her track manners. She's just unlikeable. As are a lot of drivers. But until those other drivers have to answer for their masculinity or lack-thereof... Danica shouldn't have to answer for any degree of feminity.

If I want to be the stereotype of feminine, I save it for a night out or a night in with my boyfriend. Because then it's honest and appropriate. I don't feel compelled to meet anyone's definition of feminine when I'm on the track, fighting in martial arts tournaments, or competing in target archery. I just have to be myself at those times. Whether that comes across as feminine or not is not on my mind. It's not important to me... not if I wish to do my best and have fun.
I'd look around here a little more. There are more dudes complaining about other dudes attitudes than anything you've seen before. Look at all the female nicknames for Fernando Alonso because he tends to whine which is characterized as feminine.

I don't expect a woman to act feminine, but I don't condone pissy attitudes from any woman. Ever. There is a huge line between the two. Some dudes will sell out for a pretty woman, no matter how she acts, and those are the ones who end up miserable married to arm candy. Same type jocking Danica despite her regularly horrible attitude.

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
Consider all perspectives. I have a young daughter. I want her growing up thinking she can do ANYTHING within her physical capability. So I root for Danica because it's rooting for my daughter.
Great, but make sure she watches more of the driving and only interviews after Danica does something good, kids pick up on attitudes.

Quick Reply: wow danica what an interview