Sponsored by:

wow danica what an interview

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 911vet

Since we don't fuss about male drivers not being masculine when they fail to meet some definition of megamacho... it's a bit sexist to consider Danica's feminity when arguing her track manners. She's just unlikeable. As are a lot of drivers. But until those other drivers have to answer for their masculinity or lack-thereof... Danica shouldn't have to answer for any degree of feminity.

How many men exit their race cars and begin asking themselves, "Am I meeting the viewing public's criteria for masculine?", "Will I be embracing my gender if I respond negatively to what happened on the track?" Yeah, right.
Men don't have the same inner dichotomy that "feminist" women do, unless they are gay. They are men and they accept that they are men and get on with it. They don't have to think about playing a role. Feminist women have bought into the idea that femininity is a sign of weakness, and that is why you see so many acting like men. It's an over compensation. I'm not saying all women. I'm referring to women who have rejected the feminine side of themselves. Danika is a perfect example. It is reflected in her attitude and demeanor. Even when she is all fancied up in makeup and women's clothes, she still comes across as manly.

If femininity is a role you play rather than your core self, then you are not genuinely feminine.

It always amazes me that women are so quick to cast aspersions on the male ego, but never are willing to examine or want exposed the female ego. That is sexist.

Last edited by Land Jet; 03-03-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Men don't have the same inner dichotomy that "feminist" women do, unless they are gay. They are men and they accept that they are men and get on with it. They don't have to think about playing a role. Feminist women have bought into the idea that femininity is a sign of weakness, and that is why you see so many acting like men. It's an over compensation. I'm not saying all women. I'm referring to women who have rejected the feminine side of themselves. Danika is a perfect example. It is reflected in her attitude and demeanor. Even when she is all fancied up in makeup and women's clothes, she still comes across as manly.

If femininity is a role you play rather than your core self, then you are not genuinely feminine.

It always amazes me that women are so quick to cast aspersions on the male ego, but never are willing to examine or want exposed the female ego. That is sexist.
I'm in a profession that was probably 70% male when I started out, and is gradually going 50/50 (or actually flipping). The early women (pioneers) always faced the problem of developing an effective professional personna. Some of the earlier pioneers adopted the just "act like a guy" approach b/c that was what they saw in their mentors and role models. They got slammed for acting like guys. Some played the "baby-doll" role being subordinate and obsequious which was a fine survival tactic (since they were non-threatening to the men) but it was a real barrier to success. But some just did what seemed right to them and did not adopt a fake personna. At first it didn't work because it was new. When enough "natural" women emerged as successful leaders, new women entering the industry could see these role models and develop.

Danika is a pioneer and seems to have her struggles developing a racing personna in a very macho industry. And it isn't helping that she's getting excessive attention due to her differences. But her willingness to do hot photo spreads suggests that she's not afraid to flaunt and capitalize on her differences.

Last edited by Potomac-Greg; 03-03-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:31 PM
RDL
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

The absolute best line from her interview was in regards to Harvick........
"He was giving me the finger out the window"
I almost spit my water on the keyboard when she said that.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well looks like mammaries rule IRL...

Duno to drive full-time IndyCar schedule in '10
Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will mammaries help divert air up to the intake nacelle above the driver's head.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:20 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Yeah, but Milka has a [steering] rack...
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Milka's curvy.
Great for keeping that laminar flow around the body, er chassis, to minimize drag.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

She is smokin compared to D.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Chavez oil money = Dunno.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by Land Jet
She is smokin compared to D.
Butterface. Even after the surgery.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:31 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
Butterface. Even after the surgery.
So put a full-face helmet on her.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Too bad she can't drive better. Unlike Danica, I'd bet there are a number of folks on RL that could out drive Milka. (myself most likely not included)
Old 03-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

What is a "butter face"?

Hispanic women still have the feminine thing going.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 PM
AtlJimK
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=butter%20face
Old 03-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Everyone's got different taste. I think she has a soft sexy look rather than the hard edge of D.

Quick Reply: wow danica what an interview