Sponsored by:

wow danica what an interview

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 10:33 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Ah, I get it now. Milka's ok because she has big **** and smiles and is sexy but slow. Danica is not ok because she is intense, not friendly, has little ****, and always runs near the front of the IRL pack. And who cares that Graham Rahal, who is faster than Milka by a HUGE margin doesn't yet have a ride, since he doesn't have any **** at all?

Got it. I finally understand.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:38 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As mdrums pointed out in post # 84 ... it's all about money and nothing but the money.

I've met some fantastic drivers, loaded with talent, who were offered drives, as long as they brought one of those big cardboard checks....

It's the kids who have inherited money or found money via sponsors/family/relatives who usually end up with the rides.

Starts in karting and only gets worse from there.

Long gone are the days of an owner "taking a flyer on a kid".

That having been said, Danica has always been a brat/bitch and always will be.
She is being used as a marketing tool, not as a first class driver, by NA$CAR.
No different than what TG did with her in the IRL.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Ah, I get it now. Milka's ok because she has big **** and smiles and is sexy but slow. Danica is not ok because she is intense, not friendly, has little ****, and always runs near the front of the IRL pack. And who cares that Graham Rahal, who is faster than Milka by a HUGE margin doesn't yet have a ride, since he doesn't have any **** at all?

You think you do.

There are a bunch of guys who consistently run near the front of the pack in IRL who's names I can't even remember now because the announcers aren't constantly bleating out their names like Pantie-ka. She's an also ran who is more famous than last year's champion. Not right in my estimation.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:10 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Comon now, that's racing. There are a lot of people that are faster than probably half the IRL field but don't have rides because they don't have sponsors or funding. How many pro racers do we see that ONLY have seats because mommy and daddy fronted it, or have connections.

Milka gets the attention she deserves during, before and after the race, NONE.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:20 PM
RSA333
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another sexist rant from the testosterone community.

I know of many male drivers that behave as bad or worse than she does, and are bad drivers. But I don't see a great deal of criticism about them here.

Hey, racing is also about obtaining sponsorship $$$, and she is great at that.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM
wanna911
Race Car

How many of said drivers behave as badly as she does, get the same amount of attention and are worse drivers all at the same time. You're hard pressed to find two let alone three traits that would put any male driver in the same shoes.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Amen.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:21 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also once believed racing was about who was the best driver. Then I read Lyn St. James' book The Ride of Your Life: A Racecar Driver's Journey. It's a fantastic insight into what drivers go through to obtain sponsorship. It made me realize that what keeps many people off the track isn't gender, lack of driving skills, or fear of crashing... it's the inability to market themselves.

It's one of the best books I've ever read. I gained tremendous respect for her and the other drivers of that era.

Maybe we should all just care about our fellow amateurs and club racers. Hey, tell ya what, I'll stand in the paddock and cheer you on if the bulge in your driving suit is big enough to get my panties wet.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by 911vet
I'll stand in the paddock and cheer you on if the bulge in your driving suit is big enough to get my panties wet.
Oh, you'll be cheering for me then.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:51 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Exactly right. We choose our heros based on our various criteria. Sometimes it's performance, sometimes it's personality, sometimes it's sex appeal. We should be man (or woman) enough to admit which it is.

The sponsors don't care which criteria the audience uses. They just care who gives them the most return on their investment. Unfortunately, especially for Graham Rahal (who is a member of my PCA region), it's not really about racing.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Exactly right. We choose our heros based on our various criteria. Sometimes it's performance, sometimes it's personality, sometimes it's sex appeal. We should be man (or woman) enough to admit which it is.
Except around here when you state your opinion you've got 5 people who say they know what your opinion is better than you do.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Maybe we should all just care about our fellow amateurs and club racers. Hey, tell ya what, I'll stand in the paddock and cheer you on if the bulge in your driving suit is big enough to get my panties wet.
Can't help but think that if the roles were reversed and some guy had said this type of thing to you, either you or some other female would be accusing him of sexism or sexual harassment and want him removed from the forum or worse.

The double standard that women promote is sexist and patently deceitful.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:18 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Old 03-07-2010, 01:04 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Can't help but think that if the roles were reversed and some guy had said this type of thing to you, either you or some other female would be accusing him of sexism or sexual harassment and want him removed from the forum or worse.

The double standard that women promote is sexist and patently deceitful.
It was a sarcastic remark meant to demonstrate the obsurdity of using body type as a basis for selecting drivers.

I thought the obvious reverse sexism was just that: obvious. I thought the obsurdity of it was just that: obsurd. Apparently not. I apologize to anyone who took it seriously.

I don't go running like a screaming baby to the moderators accusing anyone of sexual harrassment. I enjoy sexual banter and having fun. I'm no prude. But it can start to feel like a Boy's Only club and probably inappropriate for young girls here.

I make the mistake of showing my frustration when breasts are being compared to spoilers on a car. It makes me feel unwelcome in a community that I want so badly to be a part of.

mglobe: yeah, dude, I agree. Capt Picard says it all !!! I will cease and desist
Old 03-07-2010, 02:11 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

It was a sarcastic remark meant to demonstrate the obsurdity of using body type as a basis for selecting drivers.

I thought the obvious reverse sexism was just that: obvious. I thought the obsurdity of it was just that: obsurd. Apparently not. I apologize to anyone who took it seriously.

I don't go running like a screaming baby to the moderators accusing anyone of sexual harrassment. I enjoy sexual banter and having fun. I'm no prude. But it can start to feel like a Boy's Only club and probably inappropriate for young girls here.

I make the mistake of showing my frustration when breasts are being compared to spoilers on a car. It makes me feel unwelcome in a community that I want so badly to be a part of.

mglobe: yeah, dude, I agree. Capt Picard says it all !!! I will cease and desist
^ totally agree. it's like "take your kid to work day" here.

i can only wonder how some if these attitudes manifest themselves in the posters' respective workplaces. lots of bitterness, resentment and insecurity.

Quick Reply: wow danica what an interview