Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

That other guy routine seems to only make her bigger
Old 02-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
no one that looks that good, and races cars, can do anything wrong in my eyes!

Have you seen her in that showering commercial? Looks like a womans head attached to a man's arms and shoulders. Not sexy.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Have you seen her in that showering commercial? Looks like a womans head attached to a man's arms and shoulders. Not sexy.
Yep, she reminds me of my brother..

Old 02-28-2010, 12:15 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gary R.

Got any pics of your brother?
Old 02-28-2010, 12:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,266 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Attention is a double edged sword. Several people complain that she gets too much attention relative to what she has accomplished in the sport of racing.

When you stop for a moment and really think about it, that same attention is going to be a curse because it will take her a long time to figure out these types of cars and people are going to wonder why she isn't doing better right away. History, however shows that it takes years to master a NASCAR.

And if people were really honest with themselves, they would question the attention, popularity and money made from endorsements by the NASCAR darling named Jr. Let's call it like it is, the guy hasn't done squat in all the years he's been in NASCAR, is in the best team and seems to be getting worse ever year, not better, but none of the NASCAR broadcasters or insiders have the ***** to talk about that for fear of pissing off the RedNeck Jr. Nation. Let's face it, the guy is a bust and the only reason he is on the best team with the best equipment is because of his popularity. Danica is a small fish in these circles.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:44 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Jr. gets the same broadcast treatment Danica does. Both sell tickets and product. Bet there won't be one commercial break that does not have at least one commercial for one or the other throughout the race today. It's all about the benjamins.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:45 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rlm328
She puts asses in the seats and sells tickets. Anything that promotes racing is good.
Not saying she is not good for the sport right now. Problem is when the learn about the real Danica she will not last in NASCAR.

Too bad she can not be truthful and a nice person.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:32 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete

And if people were really honest with themselves, they would question the attention, popularity and money made from endorsements by the NASCAR darling named Jr. Let's call it like it is, the guy hasn't done squat in all the years he's been in NASCAR, is in the best team and seems to be getting worse ever year, not better, but none of the NASCAR broadcasters or insiders have the ***** to talk about that for fear of pissing off the RedNeck Jr. Nation. Let's face it, the guy is a bust and the only reason he is on the best team with the best equipment is because of his popularity. Danica is a small fish in these circles.
Hmmm....18 wins isn't squat?
http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/dearnhar01/cup/#stats

Yeah, the dude has had a terrible couple of years. Last year they had more pit foul ups than a rookie SCCA team. Hard to say he's on the best team when the guy who just pulled off the 4tth championship in a row is a stablemate. But, I think it's all been acknowledged many times over in the press, the broadcasts, etc. One guy interviewing him before Daytona tapped a nerve about him over extending and he got pissed. A lot of people want him to succeed for various reasons...it'd be fun to watch a "comeback" of sorts. Same with Danica ,lots want her to succeed. Lots of others (like Landjet) want to see her fail....
Old 02-28-2010, 01:57 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,266 Likes on 1,928 Posts

I don't think anyone can argue with the "Best Team" comment I made. When your teammates come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the Chase that's saying something when your out to lunch. The fact that the 2nd place driver is eligible for AARP membership, well.....

I can't think of anyone who is more overrated than Jr. including Danica.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, she looks like the girl Elliot Spitzer hooked up with!
Old 02-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

LOL.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is your brother a transvestite? Just joking, just joking. Tell me what good looks have to do with winning races.

Originally Posted by Pete

Totally agree. If it weren't for his father's legacy he would probably be out of racing. Way over rated.

Originally Posted by VaSteve

Lots of others (like Landjet) want to see her fail....
And this is where you are wrong boy-o. If she was living up to the hype that surrounds her I'd probably be a fan. As it is I think she is undeserving of the attention because she has done basically nothing, except pose in a bikini and make endorsement money. Remember, Michael Schumacher is who I hold racers up against. Do you get it now?
Old 02-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdgCiny4CX8
Old 02-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Yep, well she should have expected that he would come down into the corner, he has no impetus to "coexist", and in PCA she would have pulled a 13!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:17 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, well she should have expected that he would come down into the corner, he has no impetus to "coexist", and in PCA she would have pulled a 13!
PCA Scruts: Is that true? In the PCA, which preaches co-existance as does POC, would she have gotten the 13?

Quick Reply: wow danica what an interview