Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The F1 Spring Training, errr Pre-Season Testing, Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010 | 04:07 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Now without Veroacious rectrum and Brown nose Pete attempt to derail another. Let me edifimuficate unoe ..

Today :

Pos Driver Team Time ............. Laps
1. Webber .. Red Bull-Renault ... (B) 1:19.299 ....115
2. Alonso .. Ferrari ... (B) 1:20.115 ... 132
3. Button .. McLaren-Mercedes ... (B) 1:20.394... 101
4. Hulkenberg .. Williams-Cosworth ... (B) 1:21.432 ... 138
5. M.Schumacher .. Mercedes GP ... (B) 1:21.437... 79

Schumacher has been running on light fuel loads , Rosberg does the heavy fuel load distance stuff , get it .. he is off the pace ( I'm sure you guys would have figured this out come September ). Ferrari on the other hand knows they have the fastest car along with Mclaren and redbull . They are only doing mileage and heavy fuel tire wear strategy. this has been obvious from day 1 even the other faux champion agrees .

Jenson Button believes the Ferrari is the strongest-looking car after the first full dry day of testing at Jerez this week.

Mark Webber set the best time of the day for Red Bull, with Fernando Alonso second quickest for Ferrari and Button's McLaren third. Alonso and Button both completed several long runs today and Button was impressed by the consistent pace of the Ferrari.

"I think the Ferrari is a very strong car," he said. "If you look at their runs today, they're very consistent. I think they have better consistency than anyone at the moment.

Regards,

Old 02-19-2010 | 04:08 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wayne, that's a nice attempt at trying to deflect the issue. Look, if you don't like Schumi, that's fine, there are plenty of people out there who feel the same way. What I detest is the mocking of a person who's injuried while racing. I know racing on track is foreign to you, but to those who have been to a track or two and have seen the aftermath of a roll over or similar, it's not a laughing matter. Somehow that is lost on you.

And throwing stones at Lewis? Really? He's your biggest fan. I probably speak for 90% of the people on the F1 posts that I couldn't care less if you ever posted again as I find no insight in your postings, but rather propaganda and promotion of your own agenda, whether it be Alonso or your personal betting for alcohol. When your not around, Lewis is almost inviting you in with his posts and hoping you will response to them. Personally, I'd like to see you banned from the Racing section as you contribute nothing and receive only angry post in response.

PS: How the hell would you know what fuel loads Schumacher is running vs. Rosberg? this is the lunacy I'm talking about. With every commentary, you make yourself look more stupid. Click and paste without the commentary!
Old 02-19-2010 | 04:17 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

LOL.. so you think they come here for your postings LOL .... ^^^ Just can't help you BN Pete . But i will enjoy collecting from you in november...

PS : we don't have to bet for alcohol , put up what you can afford and it's a deal .........
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2010 | 04:28 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oy Vey, it's like talking to a 6 year old....
Old 02-19-2010 | 04:56 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Agree , i had figured you for 5 .. I guess no bet , huh !!! thought so FOS as usual ..

Old 02-19-2010 | 05:16 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Oy Vey, it's like talking to a 6 year old....
And reverting to his usual homoerotic fantasies.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-19-2010 | 05:19 PM
wanna911
Race Car

BWAHAHAHAH at the last two pages!!!! (mainly the pictures).

Pete, are you suggesting that Schumacher is still injured and that is affecting his pace? If that is the case, how is he supposed to compete a whole season, it can't get better with 4g's all year.
Old 02-19-2010 | 05:28 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Now without Veroacious rectrum and Brown nose Pete attempt to derail another. Let me edifimuficate unoe ..

Today :

Pos Driver Team Time ............. Laps
1. Webber .. Red Bull-Renault ... (B) 1:19.299 ....115
2. Alonso .. Ferrari ... (B) 1:20.115 ... 132
3. Button .. McLaren-Mercedes ... (B) 1:20.394... 101
4. Hulkenberg .. Williams-Cosworth ... (B) 1:21.432 ... 138
5. M.Schumacher .. Mercedes GP ... (B) 1:21.437... 79

Why would Webber be almost a full second quicker than the all conquering Queen of Formula 1?
Wouldn't that imply that Webber and RBR is superior to Luca's newest girl toy?

Do they have podiums each day at the end of pre season practice?
Old 02-19-2010 | 05:31 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
BWAHAHAHAH at the last two pages!!!! (mainly the pictures).

Pete, are you suggesting that Schumacher is still injured and that is affecting his pace? If that is the case, how is he supposed to compete a whole season, it can't get better with 4g's all year.
No Dez, that is not what I'm saying at all. I was responding to Wayne's conspiracy theory that Schumacher was somehow faking a neck injury in August because he was off the pace.

My contention is that Schumacher was asked to drive in August without any preparation and being out of an F1 car for 3 years and 6 months removed from a serious motorcycle racing accident.

The difference now is that Schumi has had 6 more months to rehab his neck and get back in shape to drive an F1 car, not the spur of the moment, "Can you jump in for an injuried Felipe"?

When rumors were flying that MS would return with Brawn/Mercedes, Wayne stated not only would MS be off the pace, but he would quit citing his neck hurts. Obviously his lap times and the amount of laps completed over 3 tests have put that to rest.
Old 02-19-2010 | 05:32 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Why would Webber be almost a full second quicker than the all conquering Queen of Formula 1?
Wouldn't that imply that Webber and RBR is superior to Luca's newest girl toy?

Do they have podiums each day at the end of pre season practice?
The time was put in near the end of the day under drying conditions. I'm not sure if all or any of the other teams were still running when it dried out.
Old 02-19-2010 | 05:37 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Pete,

I know this is hard to believe but Wayne's not off the pace this time...

During the tests with Ferrari, Schumi was indeed far off the pace as he also was in 2008 when he last tested at the same time with Kimi in a same car.
During those tests Schumi only managed the same times as Kimi when the car was 60 kilos lighter than Kimi's car (yes, 60 kilos which is a "ton" in F1).

I haven't paid attention that much to the latest tests but one thing has been obvious: Ferrari is the best.
On this last test Alonso did 17 laps back to back and each lap was consistent 1.20...
Old 02-19-2010 | 05:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
No Dez, that is not what I'm saying at all. I was responding to Wayne's conspiracy theory that Schumacher was somehow faking a neck injury in August because he was off the pace.

My contention is that Schumacher was asked to drive in August without any preparation and being out of an F1 car for 3 years and 6 months removed from a serious motorcycle racing accident.

The difference now is that Schumi has had 6 more months to rehab his neck and get back in shape to drive an F1 car, not the spur of the moment, "Can you jump in for an injuried Felipe"?

When rumors were flying that MS would return with Brawn/Mercedes, Wayne stated not only would MS be off the pace, but he would quit citing his neck hurts. Obviously his lap times and the amount of laps completed over 3 tests have put that to rest.
Schumacher is off the pace and only a Nimrod like you could get 6 months between Aug and Dec... these things take months to negotiate , Schumacher already knew in Aug of his pending Mercedes deal .. as Button as Brawn .. Hence Button pay cut and run to Mclaren ,,,

The only way to deal with a nutjob like you is to take your money ... Bet up young lady Schumacher is here and he is flying , you said so yourself ,,,,, then bet !!! or SU ...

Here let me help you out ..........
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2010 | 08:29 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Schumacher is off the pace and only a Nimrod like you could get 6 months between Aug and Dec... these things take months to negotiate , Schumacher already knew in Aug of his pending Mercedes deal .. as Button as Brawn .. Hence Button pay cut and run to Mclaren ,,,
Your math is a little fuzzy Schumacher was confirmed in December, but he nor anyone else didn't set foot in an F1 car until Feb. as per FIA rules.

Second, prove to me where Schumacher was signed in August! He re-upped with Ferrari for 3 years at that point (Fact).

Just more of your crap that you throw around to see what will stick to the walls. Your boy Alonso can't hide now. He's lucky to be in what appears to be a really good Ferrari Chassis. But if he slips, you know I'll be there to let you know about it.
Old 02-19-2010 | 08:30 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Pete,

During the tests with Ferrari, Schumi was indeed far off the pace as he also was in 2008 when he last tested at the same time with Kimi in a same car.
During those tests Schumi only managed the same times as Kimi when the car was 60 kilos lighter than Kimi's car (yes, 60 kilos which is a "ton" in F1).
Is there a reliable source that confirms the relative weights and Schumi's times in the Ferrari?

I mean it in a respectful way: I just had not recalled reading that somewhere "official"...
Old 02-19-2010 | 08:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by amjf088
Is there a reliable source that confirms the relative weights and Schumi's times in the Ferrari?.
Yes, our very own Sir A.Wayne...he has lunch regularly with Bernie.
I believe everything he says.

Quick Reply: The F1 Spring Training, errr Pre-Season Testing, Thread