Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding tickets at a racetrack????!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete

Fight the tickets and BOYCOTT the track until the cops are gone. Seriously, how do you guys put up with this? The track should be a sanctuary from this bull****....
The track is not owned by NJ, and they would not give a rats *** if it was gone (unlike the locals in Millville and the County). This was all covered when the track opened, including here on RL. To my knowledge, it is the first time it has been enforced. Never saw State Police in my visits there. It sucks, but I have lived in worse States (unrelated to tracks).
Old 11-02-2009, 03:25 PM
NJMPdirector
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please report the facts

First, I would like to thank one of our Drivers Club Members (you know who you are) for bringing this to my attention and giving us the opportunity to clarify exactly what happened.

1. All race tracks in the State of New Jersey are required to comply with Motor Vehicle Race Track Regulations - Chapter 62. If you would like to read more about these regulations, here is a direct link..... http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf...egulations.pdf
This includes ovals, road courses, karting, dragstrips, and motocross.

2. There were NO tickets issued to anyone. The officer who has NJMP as one of his assigned facilities was simply here performing routine inspections on vehicles that must be in compliance with Chapter 62. If a vehicle is not in compliance, the car owner simply has to rectify the problem or does not go on track. NJMP works with the State Police to ensure that YOU all have the safest possible facility in which to hold your events. Lives are being saved thanks to their persistance, and we value their involvement and interest.

3. There is a speed limit in our paddock. However, it is rarely enforced unless someone is driving at dangerous speeds through the paddock. Still, NO tickets are issued.

Again, we work closely with the State Police to ensure the safety of all participants because we care about you. If you have comments or concerns about the validity of any actions taken at the track, please contact me directly at jvolpe@njmp.com. We believe NJMP is one of the safest facilities in the country and hope you all return to enjoy it! Ultimately, you are the end user of this facility and the most important part of the equation.

This is a perfect example of the truth being told more than once, and is the beginning of one of the posts on this thread......

"As I heard it, it had something to do with FIA approving belts for 5 years, and the........."

"As I heard it" is not how it happened. Please be thoughtful of what you repeat!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MPD47
No, Red jugs is not standard law. I have several fuel jugs which are white.

Guess I don't need to goto NJMP, I feel no need to support a facility that supports this.
You guys are funny. The facility lives with it, but doesn't "support it".
Old 11-02-2009, 03:30 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I prefer living in the wild west. Well, relatively wild anyway...
Old 11-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
It is interesting that the track even let the police into the private property. I would think that they could simply deny access without a warrant of some type from the police.
The track knows about these statutes and has since prior to opening. They have been in place long before NJMP was built and have applied to all other long established facilities in the State, including drag strips (Englishtown, Atco, Vineland, etc.). It sucks, but is not new.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
The track knows about these statutes and has since prior to opening. They have been in place long before NJMP was built and have applied to all other long established facilities in the State, including drag strips (Englishtown, Atco, Vineland, etc.). It sucks, but is not new.
You may have missed my post. NJMP helped WRITE the statutes that apply to road racing. NJMP is the first road racing circuit in NJ.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:40 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I can appreciate the track's concern for following safety. But just imagine how unnerving it is to look up and see a trooper staring into your car for infractions.....

And I am not disputing the need to have a fully compliant, safe vehicle. But surely there must be a better solution than this.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:43 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NJMPdirector
1. All race tracks in the State of New Jersey are required to comply with Motor Vehicle Race Track Regulations - Chapter 62. If you would like to read more about these regulations, here is a direct link..... http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf...egulations.pdf This includes ovals, road courses, karting, dragstrips, and motocross. !
What the hell? You have state laws governing race tracks and what can happen on them? That is crazy stuff.

I am glad I live in Arizona where are are no state laws on race tracks. Regulations are set forth either by the track or by the hosting club/sacntioning body.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2. There were NO tickets issued to anyone. The officer who has NJMP as one of his assigned facilities was simply here performing routine inspections on vehicles that must be in compliance with Chapter 62. If a vehicle is not in compliance, the car owner simply has to rectify the problem or does not go on track. NJMP works with the State Police to ensure that YOU all have the safest possible facility in which to hold your events.
With all the facts now present, IMHO if we have to put up with a little more oversight (i.e. state safety compliance) to have a track in New Jersey, so be it. It sure beats the hell out of not having one.

One thing though, since the state recognizes that we are able to refuel our cars in the hot pits under racing conditions, maybe they might acknowledge the fact that at least at the race track, we are able to operate the gas pumps ourselves?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
You may have missed my post. NJMP helped WRITE the statutes that apply to road racing. NJMP is the first road racing circuit in NJ.
"helped" yes, "write" them no. They had input, and if anything they helped keep it from being worse than it could have been if the existing statutes where applied at that time to road racing circuit. Please don't make it sound as if they did the writing, and then said the the State of NJ "here you go, we would like to see it this way".
Old 11-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

First, I would like to thank one of our Drivers Club Members (you know who you are) for bringing this to my attention and giving us the opportunity to clarify exactly what happened.

1. All race tracks in the State of New Jersey are required to comply with Motor Vehicle Race Track Regulations - Chapter 62. If you would like to read more about these regulations, here is a direct link..... http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf...egulations.pdf
This includes ovals, road courses, karting, dragstrips, and motocross.

2. There were NO tickets issued to anyone. The officer who has NJMP as one of his assigned facilities was simply here performing routine inspections on vehicles that must be in compliance with Chapter 62. If a vehicle is not in compliance, the car owner simply has to rectify the problem or does not go on track. NJMP works with the State Police to ensure that YOU all have the safest possible facility in which to hold your events. Lives are being saved thanks to their persistance, and we value their involvement and interest.

3. There is a speed limit in our paddock. However, it is rarely enforced unless someone is driving at dangerous speeds through the paddock. Still, NO tickets are issued.

Again, we work closely with the State Police to ensure the safety of all participants because we care about you. If you have comments or concerns about the validity of any actions taken at the track, please contact me directly at jvolpe@njmp.com. We believe NJMP is one of the safest facilities in the country and hope you all return to enjoy it! Ultimately, you are the end user of this facility and the most important part of the equation.

This is a perfect example of the truth being told more than once, and is the beginning of one of the posts on this thread......

"As I heard it, it had something to do with FIA approving belts for 5 years, and the........."

"As I heard it" is not how it happened. Please be thoughtful of what you repeat!
Thanks for your post Joe. I figured you would come in after hearing about this earlier.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Bob, actually one of the original members of NJMP's management told me point blank that they wrote the road racing provisions for the state. I shaded my post a bit as it could be he was "bragging."
Old 11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
With all the facts now present, IMHO if we have to put up with a little more oversight (i.e. state safety compliance) to have a track in New Jersey, so be it. It sure beats the hell out of not having one.

One thing though, since the state recognizes that we are able to refuel our cars in the hot pits under racing conditions, maybe they might acknowledge the fact that at least at the race track, we are able to operate the gas pumps ourselves?
Yep, I would rather have the two tracks than have none. I wonder if those claiming they would "boycott" the entire facility would feel the same way if the tracks were one to two hours from home? The laws suck, but the loss of these tracks would be far worse.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:58 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
Somebody needs to esclate this up to PCA, POC, and the speedway for furtrher clarification. They have Lawyers on retainers that could help on this issue. AND BOYCOTT the racetrack until an agreement is reached for reasonable agreement.

Spending $300 every couple of years for harnesses is wrong.

Maybe offer to train the Trooper assigned to the track as a scrunteer and put his donut eating *** to work. EDCUATE the dumb****s. If the FIA says 5 years, and their cars go faster and have more G-forces than a DE participant, then I would fight this.

As for the Lawyer fighting the tickets, get a group deal. Lawyers can and do work for groups for a deal. Plus I can not think that there was not a lawyer was present that day any AIRC racers help each other.
He looks more like a zeppole kinda guy.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:58 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Again, we work closely with the State Police to ensure the safety of all participants because we care about you.
Sheeshk, like I said before, y'all keep that up there. Do the police help you fix your coffee in the morning too?

Quick Reply: Speeding tickets at a racetrack????!!!!!!!!