Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding tickets at a racetrack????!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Premier Motorsp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it pretty disconcerting that ANYONE finds the concept of a police officer enforcing 'safety laws' on private property during a sporting event acceptable.

So it is the state gov't, not the track owners, not the sanctioning body, and especially not the participant who is responsible for checking safety items at a private event held at a private facility? Whose rights are being protected by the state gov't here?

Then it is also acceptable that the state government can tell you where, when, how, and who can fuel up your car, again at a private event at a private facility?

Do you New Jersey citizens have the state government there to keep you safe when you and the wifey have a little private event in your private facility?

Chris Cervelli
Spline Technologies
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,558 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier Motorsp
I find it pretty disconcerting that ANYONE finds the concept of a police officer enforcing 'safety laws' on private property during a sporting event acceptable.

So it is the state gov't, not the track owners, not the sanctioning body, and especially not the participant who is responsible for checking safety items at a private event held at a private facility? Whose rights are being protected by the state gov't here?

Then it is also acceptable that the state government can tell you where, when, how, and who can fuel up your car, again at a private event at a private facility?

Do you New Jersey citizens have the state government there to keep you safe when you and the wifey have a little private event in your private facility?

Chris Cervelli
Spline Technologies

EXACTLY!

But it's their sandbox. Let them wallow in it.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's election day. Stop f'ing around here and go VOTE to change the idiots in office that are forcing this on us!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Premier Motorsp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
EXACTLY!

But it's their sandbox. Let them wallow in it.

True, but I am afraid some of that 'sand' will spill over into flyover country.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

True, but I am afraid some of that 'sand' will spill over into flyover country.
Not here. God bless Texas!

Old 11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Newman
It's election day. Stop f'ing around here and go VOTE to change the idiots in office that are forcing this on us!
RIGHT ON.........
Old 11-03-2009, 11:43 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,322 Likes on 1,963 Posts

It has been established that no tickets were issued, but the driver's meetings clearly stated that tickets would be issued for belts and paddock speed violations.

This is going to interesting to follow moving forward on how the track and/or troopers respond to this.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:46 AM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^Apparently the track, troopers, and sheep are happy with police presence and enforcement on private property.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris Cervelli
Spline Technologies
Did someone say they found it acceptable? I, for one, would rather live with it than lose the use of the two excellent tracks and great facility. In two years I have never had any interaction with any cops at NJMP.

I see lots of people doing the same at LRP (and other tracks like LS), where the State enforces noise laws equal to street noise requirements, and won't allow you on the track on Sundays.

Ever see the police at many other police officers "enforcing safety laws on private property during sporting events" like baseball games, football games, etc.? (no, they are not all public property).

As I said many posts ago, it sucks to have police enforcing the rules even though they are the same rules as the sanctioning bodies, but it is what it is if you want to run those tracks.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Done long ago Ed. Of course, being it is NJ I will vote again a bit later!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
Ever see the police at many other police officers "enforcing safety laws on private property during sporting events" like baseball games, football games, etc.? (no, they are not all public property).

Bob, no disrespect intended, but in those cases, the cops are there off duty, hired by the venue or sanctioning body for security. Generally, the only exceptions are when there is a specific threat or when there are high profile individuals in the stands.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Yeah but that's the problem...you're just changing one idiot for another. I voted anyway. Kick out all the incumbents.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:02 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,322 Likes on 1,963 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Did someone say they found it acceptable? I, for one, would rather live with it than lose the use of the two excellent tracks and great facility. In two years I have never had any interaction with any cops at NJMP.

I see lots of people doing the same at LRP (and other tracks like LS), where the State enforces noise laws equal to street noise requirements, and won't allow you on the track on Sundays.

As I said many posts ago, it sucks to have police enforcing the rules even though they are the same rules as the sanctioning bodies, but it is what it is if you want to run those tracks.
I've never seen a cop at Laguna Seca and the noise restriction is handled by the track not law enforcement. If your over the db levels, they ask you to fix it or not run, but never threatened with a ticket.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Getting a warning by police in a track car is complete instanity. What happens when our friendly officer asks us for license and registration?

No one is disputing that NJMP is a great facility. Furthermore, the assertion that because NJMP is a great facility, it is ok to turn the track into a police state, is a false choice.

When I go to race, the last thing I want is a cop giving my car a tech inspection.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:12 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Pete
I've never seen a cop at Laguna Seca and the noise restriction is handled by the track not law enforcement. If your over the db levels, they ask you to fix it or not run, but never threatened with a ticket.
and the track sits in a California State Park.

Quick Reply: Speeding tickets at a racetrack????!!!!!!!!