Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great GT2 Finish at Laguna Last Night....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:33 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Great GT2 Finish at Laguna Last Night....

Watch it today on Speed starting at 2:30 Eastern. The last laps are epic.....
Old 10-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, yes, yes, we'll try and keep from spoiling in case there's someone around here that hasn't heard yet....
Old 10-11-2009, 02:24 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What's the point of threads like this when the race hasn't even aired yet?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:08 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
What's the point of threads like this when the race hasn't even aired yet?
You're joking right? If not the point is obviously to get folks interested in tuning in to watch a great race. I mentioned nothing of the outcome outside of the last laps being epic, so what the hell is your beef?
Old 10-11-2009, 04:00 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
You're joking right? If not the point is obviously to get folks interested in tuning in to watch a great race. I mentioned nothing of the outcome outside of the last laps being epic, so what the hell is your beef?
It goes something like this:

You're so proud you were at the race and know something the rest of us don't. So you post an attention grabbing topic, but you require a person to click into your thread to know that you are suggesting to watch the tape delay. Now most of us are smart enough not to click into threads like this.

Really, although you think you're pure, your thread title is revealing of what happened: a close finish in what was a critical GT2 battle. I wish people would just control themselves with these race topics. The safest title would be "ALMS Laguna" or similar. People will click at their own peril.

Hell, if you truly only wanted people to remember to watch, start a thread "don't forget ALMS Laguna on Speed today".
Old 10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are we policing thread titles now? No harm no foul, no pertinent info given, no spoilers. Race over, get on with it.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:35 PM
NightFlyer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was an epic finish! My wife was wondering why I was yelling at the tv for the last five minutes of the race.

I see no problem with this thread. I purposely didn't look at it until I watched the race myself.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Now that the race is over ---SPOILER---

HOLY **** ! what a finish...
I'm not sure I like the idea of Burgmeister putting the vette in the wall but I'm glad he didn't take any **** that was being thrown at him like he did a couple of years ago with Salo

I'm glad I DVR'd it. I'll rewatch it in January when there's nothing else on...
Old 10-11-2009, 07:56 PM
sparks259
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

best racing i've seen in years of ANY series
Old 10-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Now that the race is over ---SPOILER---

HOLY **** ! what a finish...
I'm not sure I like the idea of Burgmeister putting the vette in the wall but I'm glad he didn't take any **** that was being thrown at him like he did a couple of years ago with Salo
Wow, Yeah, that was a crazy finish, right up there with Sebring a couple years ago but it went our way this time.

So now that it has aired 24 hours later....
Way to go for Patrick and Joerg racing all the way and leading for most of it!
The last 2 years I was sitting in those grandstands at the end of the race, so I feel like I missed being there this year....

Personally I was listening yesterday to ALMS Internet radio at the end of the race, but it was hard to tell what happened at the end.
-- I was also listening to the Lizards team radio and Joerg actually thought that he got the checkered flag when the P1 cars were right behind him -- but there was still one more lap to go!

The finish to that race was really amazing, Jan passing across the pit lane exit and then having to let Joerg by again....
But Magnussen really slammed Joerg on that last turn before the straight, he was way back at the turn and that was blatant.

Way to go Joerg for not just giving it away, showin' some large brass ones!

That Compuware team and crew kinda seem like thugs anyway, they're so friggin territorial around their paddock.

Ready for 2010, a new rivalry, the 911 has another championship, can the Lizards 3-peat?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:02 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I'd comment but I don't want to get yelled at....
Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Yes, great battle at the end, but I'd really like to hear comments from Magnussen. IMO if the ref's didn't call him back after his clean pass over the line (where he was able to run away from Burgmeister) the wreck wouldn't have happened. I saw burgmeister fail to hold his line 3 times (2x pushing the vette to the outside on the hairpin, 1x into the wall). I think Magnussen should have held his line off of 11 and let Burgmeister put himself into the wall regardless of rubbing him under braking for 11.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:36 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

EPIC
Old 10-11-2009, 08:51 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bleucamaro
Yes, great battle at the end, but I'd really like to hear comments from Magnussen. IMO if the ref's didn't call him back after his clean pass over the line (where he was able to run away from Burgmeister) the wreck wouldn't have happened. I saw burgmeister fail to hold his line 3 times (2x pushing the vette to the outside on the hairpin, 1x into the wall). I think Magnussen should have held his line off of 11 and let Burgmeister put himself into the wall regardless of rubbing him under braking for 11.
I don't see it quite the same. Jorg left track everytime at exit. Having been in the same situation, you could the see oversteer from not unwinding the wheel at exit specifically in T1. At that point Jorg nearly spun and had to drive a little wider. He also did not shut the door on the dive bomb into T1 instead attempted (successfully) and inside repass. Great driving from both, the end got messy but end of the season no holds barred punch/counter-punch.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Holly Crap!! That was some intense racing!!!!

Quick Reply: Great GT2 Finish at Laguna Last Night....