Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great GT2 Finish at Laguna Last Night....

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 06:01 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

I have to pretend Im Jerry Woods again and build up a new car from scratch! . But, of course it will be made from 20 year old parts and will get only one alignment to last the next 10 race seasons.

Man, I just watched the video of the vet crash. That looked like bone jaring stuff, although, he did glance the wall, vs me just stopping into the tire wall in my crash. Its not the speed, its the stopping that hurts! Anyone hear if Mag. got hurt at all? That car just exploded on impact! Well, GM stock is up, so they should be able to pay for the damage.

Originally Posted by earlyapex
Let the Corvette owners eat each other. How can you come to any conclusions with the Youtube videos that are available? The talk is numbing. We will not see the data that really tells the story. Let's all be thankful that the drivers were not seriously hurt.

I'm trying to figure out what to do when all the racing is done for the year!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:12 PM
dp35
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As bad as it is to have top drivers playing bumper cars - IMO carrying this controversy & rivalry into the off season will be a big net positive for the ALMS. The only way it could've been better is if one or both drivers were American.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, Eric gets to drive it for $500/day at the 90 db limit. It's all because he's special as he's a local ER doc. Rather than watch it on TV, it's much more fun to go out and race. I'm looking forward to Sears point in 2 weeks with a 3-hour enduro.

John: Thanks for the post, it made me double check my DVR (and I discovered it would not have been recorded). What a finish! You going to come up for the Porsche's at the Point 10/24 & 25?
Old 10-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark: At the end of the telecast they said he had already been released from the medical check and was fine.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

I just saw the clip of this mess.

Bergmeister should get a 6 race suspension next season. That was one of the most unprofessional things I have ever seen at that level.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 10-12-2009, 07:05 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I was released too, but ended up breaking a rib. I think Ill be feeling all the crashes I see on TV for a while!

Originally Posted by Tom W
Mark: At the end of the telecast they said he had already been released from the medical check and was fine.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

It was pretty bad, especially knowing that section of track well, that was positively intentional and not really racing.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I just saw the clip of this mess.

Bergmeister should get a 6 race suspension next season. That was one of the most unprofessional things I have ever seen at that level.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
It was pretty bad, especially knowing that section of track well, that was positively intentional and not really racing.
It was insane and, frankly, I expected a lot better of Bergmeister. He should be ashamed of himself.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:39 PM
dp35
Pro

2 race probation for both drivers.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,057 Likes on 578 Posts

I was at the track all weekend, including the practice sessions on thursday and can definitely say that the corvette team was playing hockey all weekend- the contact and passing in the last 20 mins was EPIC and the panoz/rsr battle for 3rd was pretty sweet as well. that being said- high speed impacts are pretty scary and although inevitable, always split opinions because we all have favorites. it's interesting to read LG's opinion above, and after all didn't one of the corvettes take out the arco mazda?

it was REALLY rough racing all over the track.

I was actually standing at the start finish line in the pits when the impact happened and it was pretty gnarly. there were some boos for joerg and the lizards during the podium ceremony mixed in the cheers.

I feel like (from knowing JB personally) that he still carries a grudge from sebring (just like I would) and for better or worse is more determined to maintain or win positions than before.

expect to see similar tight races in 2010.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:26 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

watch it again here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrLKbZcL3TA
Old 10-12-2009, 08:55 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=Veloce Raptor;6980741]It was insane and, frankly, I expected a lot better of Bergmeister. He should be ashamed of himself.

I feel the same way. The bump from Jan was a bit much...and that is not being debated. However, if you saw how fast he caught the 45 over the last 20-30 minutes of the race I gotta believe he was the faster car at the end. I have nothing against Jorg blocking (you can bet your azz the Vette, Ferrari, etc guys would have done it too) but running someone into the wall is complete BS.

FWIW --- LG is (and has always been) a big baby when **** doesn't go his way. He has no loyalty to any mfgr so he'll say whatever he feels. Thus, I take his opinion with a grain of salt. I'm sure he's bitter because he does not drive for the Factory team.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
John: Thanks for the post, it made me double check my DVR (and I discovered it would not have been recorded). What a finish! You going to come up for the Porsche's at the Point 10/24 & 25?
I'm at BW this weekend and if everything works OK I may come up. I hear you have a pretty big field. I'm GTS3 with NASA, would I run with your group?..
Old 10-12-2009, 09:00 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

where are LG's comments found on the subject?
thanx
Old 10-12-2009, 09:42 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

I love the slowed down audio, so appropriate!

Quick Reply: Great GT2 Finish at Laguna Last Night....