Sponsored by:

FIA investigating deliberate crash to promote Alonso to race win

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 05:43 PM
gricec
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really thought this was all BS.

But it looks like they might have something.

It sucks if its true. Maybe it is just Mosely getting one more over while he can
Old 09-04-2009, 06:00 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you order Nelshinho to crash.
Will he crash?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

and they want three car teams...
Old 09-04-2009, 06:04 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't care which driver you like....this is no longer about the drivers. This is about the team, and race fixing.

If proven, this is serious and may result in sanctions that bring the end for Team Renault. A sad day, even if you are not a Renault fan. I'm sick and tired of non-race stuff affecting racing.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:56 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

If this proven true how far do the FIA take this? Who really would have won the race without the safety car. Do they re-arrange the points? Does Massa win the WDC? Did Flav have a secret button on NP steering that when pressed the car went sideways?

I hope its NOT proven..........please.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:25 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too much wreckin', not enough racin'.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:09 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rusnak
I don't care which driver you like....this is no longer about the drivers. This is about the team, and race fixing.

If proven, this is serious and may result in sanctions that bring the end for Team Renault. A sad day, even if you are not a Renault fan. I'm sick and tired of non-race stuff affecting racing.
But this is race stuff. It's cheating. I had occasional thoughts of how many teams actually considered doing something like this, crash a guy out at the right time to get a safety car when you need it. Guess someone possibly has.

With Renault on the bubble for entering next year, this really could be the end for them. I don't like Flav anyways and Alonso will have a seat regardless.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
I hope its NOT proven..........please.
If it is proven it will be the end of Renault in F1. They seem about ready to pull the plug as it is, if this controversy is confirmed I'll bet they simply pull the plug.

Alonso still has talent, so she will simply find another team to ruin.....
Old 09-05-2009, 12:08 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Renault to make no comments before hearing
04 September 2009

The Renault team has stated that it has acknowledged the FIA's request to summon key representatives of the outfit to the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) in Paris later this month but stresses that it will not discuss the matter beforehand.

Renault has been requested to attend the hearing as part of an investigation surrounding the team's possible attempts to have cheated sporting regulation to win last year's Singapore Grand Prix.

The FIA will be talking to the team on Monday 21 September surrounding the viewpoint that Nelson Piquet was instructed to crash to bring out the Safety Car and therefore help team-mate Fernando Alonso to win what was Formula One's first ever night race.

Renault released a statement regarding the matter on Friday evening:

'The ING Renault F1 Team acknowledges the FIA's request for representatives of the team to appear before the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on the 21st of September 2009. Before attending the hearing, the team will not make any further comment.'
Old 09-05-2009, 12:14 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

What kind of person/driver do you have to be to crash on purpose when told to do so by your team? Does Piquet have no shred of dignity?

If Nelsinho would have parked the car right in the middle of the track at start finish, got out and walked away, I would have had a ton more respect for him. When the safety car would have come out because of his car was in the middle of the track and he was asked why, I would have told the reporters, "My team asked me to do something to deploy the safety car and that's exactly what I did!!"
Old 09-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
What kind of person/driver do you have to be to crash on purpose when told to do so by your team? Does Piquet have no shred of dignity?
Alonso probably had a "crash on request" clause written in NP's contract. Say what you will but at least Shumi did his own dirty work.....
Old 09-05-2009, 02:02 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
What the FIA really want to know ? Was PK ordered to crash all 23 times ...........
Will they be investigating the other 22 .......

Originally Posted by Ray S
Alonso probably had a "crash on request" clause written in NP's contract. Say what you will but at least Shumi did his own dirty work.....
Yeah i guess you missed the video of Todt ordering Barrichello to move over ..

Nothing here gents , flav possibly uttered he wished PK would do his usual and crash now ......
and he did ...
Old 09-05-2009, 03:20 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Nelsinho would have parked the car right in the middle of the track at start finish, got out and walked away, I would have had a ton more respect for him. When the safety car would have come out because of his car was in the middle of the track and he was asked why, I would have told the reporters, "My team asked me to do something to deploy the safety car and that's exactly what I did!!"
You're kidding right? People have done a lot worse because the boss told them too. Easy to say from the comfort of your bench......I meant......desk.....at HOME!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:34 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
You're kidding right? People have done a lot worse because the boss told them too. Easy to say from the comfort of your bench......I meant......desk.....at HOME!
Seriously? To possibly hurt yourself by crashing into a wall? I know these guys are professional race drivers, although one could argue Piquet is not, but they don't exactly train and practice the "right" way to crash into a wall when ordered to do so.

And Ray is right. Ross Brawn never told Rubens to put himself into a wall. He moved over once and that was it.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Seriously? To possibly hurt yourself by crashing into a wall? I know these guys are professional race drivers, although one could argue Piquet is not, but they don't exactly train and practice the "right" way to crash into a wall when ordered to do so.

And Ray is right. Ross Brawn never told Rubens to put himself into a wall. He moved over once and that was it.
Once ...........

Quick Reply: FIA investigating deliberate crash to promote Alonso to race win