Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

News from the Thunderbolt race?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Is anyone aware of photographers at the track who captured some of the race action?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:15 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Fred, great driving. I expect nothing less from my endurance kart team member!

I saw some comments about using the rumbles. I was a bit surprised to see the comments and thought that folks might like to see a few of my laps. These were picked at random. Somewhere in this race I ran a 1:29.4. RandomThunderbolt laps in a 964 Cup (~93MB, view with Quicktime)
Old 08-31-2009, 10:21 PM
mji911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fred, Great video from a great driver, I drove it but you own it!!!

Costa, Great driving and car control for 1st time in Boxster.

Paolo, Sorry I missed my appt this morning ,I heard some good news congrats on your podium. good for for you, Keep up the work

Gary R, Just to let you know, nobody missed ya
Old 08-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by mji911
Gary R, Just to let you know, nobody missed ya
Listen ya yellow flag blowin cheater, if I wanted to hear from you I'd call ya!!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:30 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mji911

Paolo, Sorry I missed my appt this morning ,I heard some good news congrats on your podium. good for for you, Keep up the work
Mike......no sweat....... the office was closed anyway today in order for me to recuperate from the great racing week-end.....

Good to hang out and learn from you.......
Old 08-31-2009, 10:31 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Listen ya yellow flag blowin cheater, if I wanted to hear from you I'd call ya!!

man you guys play rough...
Old 08-31-2009, 10:40 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Fred, great driving. I expect nothing less from my endurance kart team member!

I saw some comments about using the rumbles. I was a bit surprised to see the comments and thought that folks might like to see a few of my laps. These were picked at random. Somewhere in this race I ran a 1:29.4. RandomThunderbolt laps in a 964 Cup (~93MB, view with Quicktime)
Great driving Charlie! I like the way you minimize travel before entering the octopus by hugging the mid curb. Makes sense given that you can't go that fast there. It is a good place to choose shorter distance instead of higher speed. Good stuff. The curbs are actually pretty handy at that track aren't they?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:42 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Great driving Charlie! The curbs are actually pretty handy at that track aren't they?
Use 'em if you got 'em!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:53 PM
chas911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

More video, from the Yellow group Sprint 2. I arrived late to the grid and started 35th which was next to last. The race was stopped after only 6 green laps due to an on track incident.
Charlie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ADnDx13Ks

Last edited by chas911; 09-01-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:42 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

In all, a fabulous weekend of fierce racing. Now, I'm spoiled; staying in the air conditioned suites right over the pit lane with my car garaged underneath all weekend.
The track has drainage issues, but it's a fabulous and safe circuit, I think.
As for fellow Rennlisters; so much to reflect on.
Fred has the most awsome car control; the video from Katz following is great entertainment. Thanks for punching holes in traffic to help me get through, too! However, I have footage that shows a four-off for which you did not report, but that's between us for now....
There was a white Spec Boxster that I thought was way over aggressive, and I approached the guy. I could catch him on an open track from way back, but he'd slam the door on a clean pass regularly, only through God's grace did I miss him more than twice. And then on Sunday, the first race and the very first time into turn 1, (the pace lap didn't take us there) he dived bombed the whole field into the standing water, my footage is again revealing; let's just say that none of us were impressed, nor were we even in his class.
Paolo looked good all weekend, error free from what I saw. But, when we did get to race together in the enduro, I was happy to see him with us in the lead queue for awhile, only to lose his mojo when Saville and I eventually put him away.
Saville is the heartbreaker, his enthusiasm is up there with all of us. The incident is open elsewhere.
Sean and I got some action together, he went off at a very wierd angle going into one once.
In SP3, Katz is just untouchable, I toasted him to a perfect season at dinner, winning 10 straight, he's been my benchmark all year, not that I get to watch him much! I'm happy to concede to him, he's the real deal, and a great sportsman.
Schattenbaum put on a great event, and kept it fun in the face of some adversity.
My fiance had the whole club sing happy birthday to me at the dinner; I hope they realize that this just might happen every year now!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

the only positive thing I can say about this weekend is that I wasn't burned to a crisp on the starting grid (thanks Frank) and that Dan J worked his butt off to get me back on track. I was off track more times this weekend than I have been in the entire time I've been doing this. I think I spun 5 times overall - all off track and into the mud. I'll have some good video to post
Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Is there a place where we can download the race result sheets? I never pickedup the time sheet from the orange enduro. Also, how long does it typically take to get results on mylaps?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
the only positive thing I can say about this weekend is that I wasn't burned to a crisp on the starting grid (thanks Frank) and that Dan J worked his butt off to get me back on track. I was off track more times this weekend than I have been in the entire time I've been doing this. I think I spun 5 times overall - all off track and into the mud. I'll have some good video to post
Lucky I wasn't there, I would have black flagged you after two spins... so you didn't ignite and you don't have to give Julio $10K, be happy!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Lucky I wasn't there, I would have black flagged you after two spins... so you didn't ignite and you don't have to give Julio $10K, be happy!
Believe me, I am. You should have seen me jack rabbit out of my car in the hot pits when I lost fuel pressure mid race in the second sprint. I now know that I can get out of the car in under 10 seconds when things get hot (turned out to be a loose fuel pump relay)
Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

when I get a chance to edit, I'll post some highlight clips.
I don't know how Saville does it so fast....???

Quick Reply: News from the Thunderbolt race?