Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

News from the Thunderbolt race?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Ok, you're all home now, have been fed, let's hear the stories! I heard there was an..ahem... public spanking of someone today..... he should

Old 08-30-2009, 08:37 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Just wanted to thank Pete and the rest of the Schatttenbaum gang for organizing and carrying-out one helluva great weekend. I had a blast and want to thank everyone for making my first PCA club race such an amazing and memorable event. It was great mixin-it-up with lots of rennlisters both on track and off. The car is in the garage and in one piece... success (albiet with one of the baffles from my supercups somewhere on route 55 on the way home... must have literally melted the welds off that sucker during the enduro). Can't wait till Summit Point boys!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 08:43 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

We only saw 2 spirits and 1 enduro today. Weather was great for a change.

Fred C is fast and fun to watch - probing here, pushing there, .. nice driving !!

Paolo looked good!

(We didn't know the other Rennlister's cars ..)

Unfortunately the enduro was cut short due to more carnage.

Can't wait to hear the 'back stories' ..
Old 08-30-2009, 08:53 PM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Did I hear spanking?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:56 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd like to see some video from Fred's car during the orange enduro. I had the pole and held off Kevin (black 993 in GT5S) and Fred for as long as I could, but the pressure was relentless and they both eventually forced their way through. Once I was behind them, I fought to keep them in sight and just tried to open up some room with the rest of the field. Once we caught lap traffic, I took my pit stop. Coming out of the pits, I got cought up behind two SP2 cars that were battling and didn't see Fred or Kevin again until the double yellow (under which we finished the race). That was on heck of an entertaining race. My biggest regret of the weekend was saving my sticker hoosiers for Summit, and running the enduro on those sloppy 14-heat-cycle puppies... Lesson learned as I doubt I'll ever be on the pole again any time soon.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha! I told you to run them if you had a shot at the podium.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Nice work, Glen. I wish I could have been there. My car should be ready for Summit Point.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:43 PM
CornerCarver
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
I'd like to see some video from Fred's car during the orange enduro. I had the pole and held off Kevin (black 993 in GT5S) and Fred for as long as I could, but the pressure was relentless and they both eventually forced their way through. Once I was behind them, I fought to keep them in sight and just tried to open up some room with the rest of the field. Once we caught lap traffic, I took my pit stop. Coming out of the pits, I got cought up behind two SP2 cars that were battling and didn't see Fred or Kevin again until the double yellow (under which we finished the race). That was on heck of an entertaining race. My biggest regret of the weekend was saving my sticker hoosiers for Summit, and running the enduro on those sloppy 14-heat-cycle puppies... Lesson learned as I doubt I'll ever be on the pole again any time soon.

Great job Glen! I hope to be out there soon with you and the gang.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Nice work, Glen. I wish I could have been there. My car should be ready for Summit Point.
I heard Moses is running in G at Summit this year...
Old 08-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I heard Moses is running in G at Summit this year...
I can't pedal any faster.

Will you be there, Gary?
Old 08-30-2009, 10:31 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Ok, you're all home now, have been fed, let's hear the stories!
Home at 6:42? I live in NJ and just got home and am still pending dinner.

Given the weather forecast at various points throughout the weekend, and even with some of the weather we received, we were lucky and had a fair amount of dry track driving.

My thanks to Schattenbaum and all the organizers. Thank you so much for making sure we have a race at NJMP! I look forward to you convincing another region to help you run two (one at Lightning and one at Thunderbolt would be fun).

I will echo the comments that it is a bit annoying that the track doesn't have slightly better water management. Turn 1 was still wet at the end of the white enduro today.

Thanks to everyone in the yellow sprint for missing me in Turn 1 at the start of the first sprint!!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
I can't pedal any faster.

Will you be there, Gary?
There is always a chance Mark, but it doesn't look very good...
Old 08-30-2009, 11:35 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcjr
i made this comment after my De last year, i do not understand how the civil engineer screwed this one up, brand new track and nothing but water problems when it rains, what happen to the drainage!!
It's pretty ridiculous that there is water in the braking zone of T1 (fastest part of the track) over 12 hours after the last rain.

I had dinner with your dad and we hung out at the track some too. Love your RSR, hope to race against you in it soon!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Garylimey
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
We only saw 2 spirits and 1 enduro today. Weather was great for a change.

Fred C is fast and fun to watch - probing here, pushing there, .. nice driving !!

Paolo looked good!

(We didn't know the other Rennlister's cars ..)

Unfortunately the enduro was cut short due to more carnage.

Can't wait to hear the 'back stories' ..
When I saw Fred coming I waved him by, he was not held up by me what so ever .

However unfortunately I was the carnage thanks to a 911 that I was trying to lap at about 50 minutes. He took me out when he lost control trying to stop me from passing him. He drove into my drivers front tyre deflating it as well as punting me of track and into the flag station. My car was destroyed!!!

My qusetion is why overdrove to stop a faster car from ANOTHER CLASS passing you??????
Now my race season is over and I have to find Around $15,000 to $20,000 to put my Firehawk back together.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:58 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Day 2 started off with more rain.....I'm getting tired of changing tires. I think I've made 8 plus changes in 2 days.

F Class racing has been real good. Roger Funk, Chalrles Belluardo and I went at real well in Race 1, luckily Charles had to make a quick switch at trun 1 due to a car sliding out in front of him and I slid into 2nd. I caught up to Roger Funk and he had a run off at turn 5 which gave me the win. All on the last lap. Whew...

Sprint 2 was another good race with Jerome, another Rennlister, and I going at for about 5 laps. That Turbo 944 can really pull on the straights. I finally got by him coming out of the Octopus and could finally see Mr Funk a few cars ahead. No way I would catch up to him because the race was shortened to about 20 minutes.
Joe, that was a lot of fun. Remember, it's all about exit speed. ;-)

With some of the other fast F cars either spinning, wrecking, or leaving on Saturday (thanks to Joe), I managed to win the points challenge with 2 second place finishes and a third. I wasn't the fastest car out there, but managed to keep it on the pavement and avoid serious delays during the sprints.

That was, however, until the enduro. While trying to pass a lower-classed car, I lost the back end in the right-hander after the hill and put it gently into the tires track right. A little body damage but nothing too serious.

Thanks to all of the Schattenbaum and national volunteers for their time in organizing and running the event.

Quick Reply: News from the Thunderbolt race?