Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My PCA region threw me out!! ADVISE PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009 | 11:43 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Tom,

Your car is fast Driving a 8/10ths would still have you lapping most of the field. At Chin 2 weeks ago Ian in the GT2 had a 360 Challenge give him the point by 100 yds early. Come to Chin and instruct, At least the advanced group has open passing.

My prediction is >10 pages.

Peter
Old 06-24-2009 | 11:48 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trumperZ06
Best advise on D E Events.

The "Club" determines the agenda.

Some clubs are WAY more conserative than others... much depends on their membership and their members driving abilities.

Look around and find a club or two that has more advanced students and allows passing with point bys in the advanced groups.

Chin and a few other clubs should be a better fit for you.

Much better said than I did. Tom not comparing you directly to our guy. He was more on the 2 flags a weekend plan. Your PCA group seems much more sedate than my local. Find the group you fit in with and have fun. Its all for fun.
Old 06-24-2009 | 12:09 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Some clubs are WAY more conserative than others... much depends on their membership and their members driving abilities.

Look around and find a club or two that has more advanced students and allows passing with point bys in the advanced groups.

And after a suitable cooling-off period, you could always re-approach the club and ask to come back in on a "probationary" basis. Sometimes folks in authority just need to flex their muscles a bit.
Old 06-24-2009 | 12:27 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Plavan
I understand that- but what happens when one of your students becomes you later on? Or they go after ANOTHER instructor? The CTI has already started a very bad example. See what students and Instructors can look forward to? Sounds like a Dictatorship. Whats next? Will they make everyone take their wings off their cars to slow them down? (I would be OK with that :P )
really the root of my point and post that this was an unfair judge jury and punishment and way overkill.
when I discussed it with the CTI he was very reasonable on the phone.
then I got an email (posted in this thread somewhere) that all of a sudden they reversed their decision after I posted on rennlist. so that was really all I have to call foul about. taking my instructing away because I posted on rennlist, would make me think ok what's next?? and who's next?
Old 06-24-2009 | 12:28 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
And after a suitable cooling-off period, you could always re-approach the club and ask to come back in on a "probationary" basis. Sometimes folks in authority just need to flex their muscles a bit.
I will try this when the guard changes.
Old 06-24-2009 | 12:28 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

thanks I agree and that's the plan
Old 06-24-2009 | 12:29 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Tom,

Your car is fast Driving a 8/10ths would still have you lapping most of the field. At Chin 2 weeks ago Ian in the GT2 had a 360 Challenge give him the point by 100 yds early. Come to Chin and instruct, At least the advanced group has open passing.

My prediction is >10 pages.

Peter
I will. sorry I missed Ian in the GT2 hope to run with him/you soon!!
Old 06-24-2009 | 01:26 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Tom,

I suggest you take your case to the Club exec. Send an email outlining the circumstances to the Chapter President as well as the Track Chair. Copy the CI. Request a fair hearing. If you have not been previously sanctioned, they should reconsider. If you have been sanctioned and or warned several times recently, then it might be tougher. PCA National is upset about the number of incidents at DE. This may be part of a crackdown on behavior which is assumed to lead to problems. Certainly in my zone Instructors are supposed to set the example for others to follow, this may be at the root of the affair.

Best,
Old 06-24-2009 | 03:59 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Litigate !
Old 06-24-2009 | 04:09 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Just walk away. I would expect that there are many opportunities to drive without PSA. Even if you are awarded the blessing of the leadership to come back, it will never be the same. This is to be fun for you and an opportunity to relieve the stress of work. Maybe the guy will develop PVD ;-) and you will see him again.

Go to Chin. I have a friend that has been a coach with them for years and has had a very enjoyable time.
Old 06-24-2009 | 04:19 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Stick to racing. Or, rent the track on your own and run advanced lapping days. (my favorite!)

The PCA DE days should be geared more towards novices or drivers who want a 'lower risk' track day.
Old 06-24-2009 | 04:22 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Drop it.
F**k 'em.
Old 06-24-2009 | 04:25 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gums
Drop it.
F**k 'em.
Old 06-24-2009 | 05:32 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Originally Posted by jbossolo
Dave, you sound like you'd do well to avoid them!
BTW in over ten years of DE at our region (over 12 events a year) we've had a grand total of two "incidents" on track. So as you can see, we are not unsafe at all. We are just not a bunch of pussies. If that's who you like to drive with, then stay with them pussies.
Referring to "a" CTI as a "*****" (it is a thankless job) and encouragiong "aggressive" driving for "real men" is hardly an environment conducive to a "Safety First" attitude which is what every PCA DE should have. However, I will assume that it was a bit of rhetoric to fit the theme of the thread, but if that is how it really is...then you don't have to worry about this "*****" showing up.

Every Region is different. In our case, that attitude would not go far. We sell out all of our DE's in a market that does not normally experience that anywhere else in the geography. Fortunately for everyone there are many different venues, and approaches to choose from.

Last edited by DaveM993; 06-24-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2009 | 05:42 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jbossolo
BTW in over ten years of DE at our region (over 12 events a year) we've had a grand total of two "incidents" on track. So as you can see, we are not unsafe at all. We are just not a bunch of pussies. If that's who you like to drive with, then stay with them pussies.
Yeah, we call those "Ferrari Track Days", and most of the attendees show up already wearing their driver's suit.

Quick Reply: My PCA region threw me out!! ADVISE PLEASE!