Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

sounds good richard
Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by richard glickel
Sean,

See you guys at the Senaca's bar friday (10/3) evening?

Richard
Steaks and the special Seneca Prime rib... can't wait!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:42 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Here's my best lap, a 1:11.251 (and new GTC1 record ):

Jupe's Lightning Fast Lap
Hey Jupe, that's an incredibly fast lap that I'd love to see, but I can't get that link to work. Is it a mac thing?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:43 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
Hey Jupe, that's an incredibly fast lap that I'd love to see, but I can't get that link to work. Is it a mac thing?
Not a Mac thing as much as a Quicktime thing. Make sure you have the latest version of QT installed.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:35 AM
teamNortheast
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me start by saying that current classes D & E are the bomb when it comes to having lots great competition without spending gobs of money. I say that after rebuilding my car after the Glen, huh Sean?

The problem I see with the SP3 cars is that they are an unknown to PCA. I don't think the scruts really know what is or is not legal in them (they might). At some races we get SP3 cars that crushed us by minutes not seconds. I have run NASA events and the SP3 should be very similar to my E class turbo with the exception that you can strip the interior and a few other things that make the car a tad lighter, feel more like a race car and less like a street car.

That being said putting the carpet and passenger seats in might do it unless there are mechanical additions that may have to be removed. I never really got into the SP3 rules. I only ran NASA because Hankook asked me to run the HyperFest last year to represent.

Steve Boris
*85 944 turbo

Bottom line is I know the Paddock guys build a good SP3 car and don't really understand why you guys were put in the middle group unless they wanted you with F and not E.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:00 AM
teamNortheast
Track Day

I guess I need to clarify that as much as I like the D & E classes in PCA I completely understand the desire to run the SP3s.

If I had more time and money I would race as much as possible and I think in that aspect PCA did a fine job making a class for them so they can run both series without any changes to the car.

All I am saying is that in PCA SP3 is kind of an unknown and I think that some SP3 competition can do things in PCA weekend that they would not do in a NASA event.

Therefore Frank because the Paddock guys are by the book on the cars it is possible for another lone SP3 to "rip you a new one" so to speak.

Steve
Old 09-17-2008, 10:12 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll have to look into this, becuase I will say that I wasn't terrbily enamored with the groupings as they were, and might have preferred to be in with the E cars. But, I love the car the way it is and there's no way I'm putting carpet in or anything other than ballast if I have to. I'm gonna do my first NASA event at the Glen in a few weeks, and that's what I bought the thing for, so we'll see how that shakes out.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:29 AM
teamNortheast
Track Day

I guess I need to clarify that as much as I like the D & E classes in PCA I completely understand the desire to run the SP3s.

If I had more time and money I would race as much as possible and I think in that aspect PCA did a fine job making a class for them so they can run both series without any changes to the car.

All I am saying is that in PCA SP3 is kind of an unknown and I think that some SP3 competition can do things in PCA weekend that they would not do in a NASA event.

Therefore Frank because the Paddock guys are by the book on the cars it is possible for another lone SP3 to "rip you a new one" so to speak.

Steve
Old 09-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe that SP3 S2/951 cars can run at 2900/3000lbs with driver for S2/951, respectively with different gear ratios, chip, and remove many items that are not legal in E or prepared F cars. They could have 1-4 sec over E car depending on the normal variances with driver/track/prep.

Once you go to SP3, you can not easily convert back by just adding carpet.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:31 AM
teamNortheast
Track Day

Sorry I am still new to blogging and I accidentally posted my last post again.

There was no hidden agenda of trying to reinforce my opinion.

Sorry
Old 09-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by teamNortheast
Sorry I am still new to blogging and I accidentally posted my last post again.

There was no hidden agenda of trying to reinforce my opinion.

Sorry
Come on Steve, admit that you are just trying to get your post count up. I see you are registered for SP. I hope to see you there.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 AM
teamNortheast
Track Day

Yeah the new car should be a hot set-up at the Point.

It's amazing how much better that car is with a fully working turbo.

The last car had a turbo in it that was assembled incorrectly 7 years ago. They accidentally put a K27 hot housing on my K26 turbo. That meant I could still reach maximum boost but it took longer to build and it dissipated very quickly.

John from Speed Secrets couldn't believe the crap my feet were doing to keep boost up. I thought it was normal. It was not. The new car is faster and much easier to keep boost up.

It shows! First weekend with the new car brought me my first class win.

Steve
Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by teamNortheast

It shows! First weekend with the new car brought me my first class win.

Steve
I didn't realize it was your first one! Congrats. And more importantly, congrats on finishing ahead of Chris Reisnborough It is a pleasant feeling.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 AM
teamNortheast
Track Day

Yeah I have lots of 2nds and 3rds but could never get a win. Now I know why.

That enduro worked out totally to my advantage.

If H, I, J had not been put in with us I probably could not have beaten Chris because he started right behind me with Mark Weining right behind him.

I out launched an H car into turn one that Chris did not get by. The H car was very fast but took a while to get up the speed and as hard as Chris tried there was never a passing opportunity. By the time Chris did get by some many laps later I had about a 8 second lead. Chris and I were running almost identical laps so I know if I botched even one lap it would hurt. The only lap that was even questionable was when Tallardi and I went side by side into one. Unfortunately we didn't go through one side by side I had to take time to clear my shorts and then I could proceed again.

In the end I think I had Chris by 5.5 seconds but it was a lot of work.

Chris and that car are very fast. Weight aside on that car it pulls hard.

Steve
Old 09-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

It's pretty amazing how fast he is with a car that weighs 3360lbs

Quick Reply: Lightening PCA CR......any news?......