Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maverick Region CR/DE at ECR 5/24...who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:28 PM
juddtaylor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
I actually saw Russell's front pads when they were removed after that session. The left front pad was literally toast and the right front wasn't far behind.
Me too! I just did the DE in the yellow group (which had the red and white drivers from normal the DE groups), and I had to quit on monday b/c my pads were completely gone on the left front. I tried to make it through that 60 combined DE session, but I got black flagged 'cos the brakes. The pads were new this weekend!

I brought the pads in to work, and I measured 8-10 thousands of an inch of material left.

The other corners still have like 60-70% left. Think I was wearing that coner hard doing lots of trail braking into the right handers, and then there's the way I run through the turn 1-2 section... (I use brake early for 1, then trail brake on entry, and about 50ft before the apex I give full throttle all the way to turn 3. I tap the brakes between 1 & 2, while still on full throttle, to set the car up for 2).

The real problem was the 47 mile drive home without using the brakes at all! (I managed).

Other RIP items:

I trashed both rear motor mounts,
I fried the spark plug on cly #1 (didn't misfire until last night on the way home from work),
Blew up the coolant tank cap (possibly related to the misfire),
Worked loose the left front shock nut (and lock nut) on sunday (quick fix),
Lost one of the exhaust steel-wool like bushing where the muffler bolts go (lost it 'cos I there was no muffler in there) (next time I'll use some steel wire to retain the bushings),
Sunburned the top of my ears so bad it looks like I spent the weekend at Hiroshima!

There's probably more I haven't found yet.

Even with the damages, I still had a blast. I had no idea I'd be turning 2:05 laps in my C2. I don't remember passing many people with horsepower, which is pretty new for me. I figure my car could only possibly be good for times around 2:04 (and that's w/ brand new R6's, I was on 40-50% R6's this weekend). I'm thoroughly impressed with my new suspension. Before the suspension, I could only get down to 2:11 (I scratched 2:10 once), and that was on the exact same tires from this weekend.

I'll try to post the videos tonight, if I can get a chance. The hilights will be tearing up the GT2 in the turns, only to be blown away on the straights (I figure he was .5-1s a lap faster overall), getting intimate with himself into turn 1 (we were about 1cm away from each other), and my asfault sealant-induced spin on the warm up lap on monday (it was filling in the huge crack that appeard in the second apex of turn 9, and was completely wet... I went ahead and emptied that out of the crack for everyone else ). There will also be some interesing mistakes, esp of going into turn 11 way too fast...

-Judd

PS: Colin Graidage probabaly gets the ka-ching award. He's thinking he did $15k of damage to his car this weekend (including bent valves, etc).
Old 05-28-2008, 07:45 PM
993RSCS
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Judd,

I was in the white 993 that was trying (unsuccessfully) to keep up with you in one of the run sessions. You were driving very well.

Paul
Old 05-28-2008, 07:49 PM
cs jeff
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judd, were you number 996? I think i pointed you by once or twice. I was in a black 996 C2 (all stock except for BFG R1s) and got to move up to the yellow group Monday. I went from one of the fastest in blue to mid to lower pack in yellow, but I drove a lot better being pushed and not getting continually stuck in traffic.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:09 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx

Yeah, it's called horsepower!

It's the same reason why I can't as easily walk away from mglobe. Did never mention to you that his car has 35 more hp than mine? No? Really?!!
Waaa waaa waaa....

...get rid of that overweight, boulevard cruising, 4x4, rag-top and buy a coupe, or quit-cher-bitchen...
Old 05-28-2008, 08:25 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by mglobe
Waaa waaa waaa....

...get rid of that overweight, boulevard cruising, 4x4, rag-top and buy a coupe, or quit-cher-bitchen...
Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

I can't believe any of you guys are bitchin' about lack of horsepower. You should try 187 on for size sometime
Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by TR6
Both of them should turn off their PSM (or is it PMS in their cases) and duke it out.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,671 Likes on 862 Posts

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
I can't believe any of you guys are bitchin' about lack of horsepower. You should try 187 on for size sometime
Werd, dawg.
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
Only one of us complaining about lack of power.
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Both of them should turn off their PSM (or is it PMS in their cases) and duke it out.
Steve suffers from PSM'vy
Old 05-28-2008, 08:34 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by mglobe
Only one of us complaining about lack of power.
Well, yeah, when you have, like, a bizillion horsepower, you don't have to complain...

On a side note, I'm actually thinking about buying a track car that has only 134 horsepower. I figure it can only help me since I won't have the go-pedal to cover my mistakes...
Old 05-28-2008, 08:36 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Oh no, not another discussion about crutches. What is this, the "E.R." forum
Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Hey, I've only got like 3/4 of a bazillion. Talk to eclou about horsepower. He's got the full bazillion in his ride.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:40 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993RSCS
Judd,

I was in the white 993 that was trying (unsuccessfully) to keep up with you in one of the run sessions. You were driving very well.

Paul
Woooooaaaaaa...... Back from the dead? Haven't seen you in years!!!!!!!!

How have you been??? Damn I should have tried harder to make the weekend.

George
Old 05-28-2008, 08:48 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Woooooaaaaaa...... Back from the dead?
Says the pot to the kettle. Where the hell were you, Spanky?

Quick Reply: Maverick Region CR/DE at ECR 5/24...who's going?