Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maverick Region CR/DE at ECR 5/24...who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:11 AM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caygirl
SO... I've figured out pretty quick that my love for the GT3 will have to go unrequited in club racing - mucho denaro. The options I'm seriously considering are prepping my Cayman S or spec Boxster. My CS will fall in H class when it's all said & done. Last weekend's race at ECR, no one ran in that class. Who else is out there running in H? The spec Boxster class looks competitive though and I'm sure it will keep growing.
Talking to you at dinner on Friday night, it was pretty clear to me that you wanted in to the Dark Side. Probably doesn't hurt that Shelly kicked butt all weekend and did really well (I'll take credit for parking next to her and my excellent tutelage).

Olcha was running in "H" this past weekend (Prepared RSA), broke his stub axle during the very first practice session on Saturday. "H" is currently a little light in this area. Quite a few Cayman S/Prepared Caymans running in the NE area now.

Not that you need or want my advice, but I'd seriously consider a Spec Boxster. Cheaper initial cost, cheaper to run/weekend, and plenty of competition. If Rob Cohen, Chad H. and a few other folks join the fray, you will have 10+ cars in your class. Brad Roberts (wrote the original rules for POC) mentioned that he will find a way to include 2.7 and 3.2 cars (similar to Spec 944) in the very near future. I'll keep my "F" car, might also show up in a Spec Box or a SC.

-Noby
Old 05-29-2008, 11:21 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
George, George, George....

It's even worse!!! I spent a some serious time prepping the car. I'm a little disappointed in myself. I even change the plugs and the plug wires. If you knew what it takes to change the plug wires on my car, you would know how dedicated I was ("was" being the key word).

G.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,671 Likes on 862 Posts

So....it's good to go, but you have sand in your vagina because the wheels you have might be a little "heavy"?

Pfffffttt........
Old 05-29-2008, 11:24 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We'd love to have you in Spec Box! With your Cayman experience, you should be going good in one in no time. We have 11 cars in Texas currently either built or in the process & I know of two more local shops that are talking about building one as well. If you haven't had a chance yet, Go over to:

http://www.boxsterspec.com/index.php?act=idx

& take a look around. Barry Moore has his car listed For Sale in the classifieds & since it's @ MSR, it would be a good one for you to check out. My car will be back out there next week getting prepped for barber as well if you can make it out. Drop me a line if I can help or answer any questions

PS: Noby, Shelly did do an awesome job this weekend. It was great having her out there with us!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Barry's gettig out of Spec Barbie already? Back to Cup for him?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:28 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Barry's gettig out of Spec Barbie already? Back to Cup for him?
He & Glen just built it for a fun project. They'll probably do another one. It's a really nice car built right.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I need to drive one sometime. If Steve W can fit, I presume I can too?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:44 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

His would be a good fit for you since his seat is bolted straight to the floor. I know the driving style fits you. Not a lot of power but neutral & very attack angle adjustable with the throttle. You'll dig it!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:44 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Jay, how about a member day next weekend? I'm dying to get the car out. Bruce has been bugging me to go too. It's about time I used the membership. Oh yeah, I also want to take the box for a spin.

Dave, I'll be down in your neck of the woods this weekend.

G.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:45 AM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldn't be a problem. I drove Steve's boxcar in the paddock to move it and I'm about 6'3" 220 and had room to spare. And he's probably a good inch taller than me.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George A
Dave, I'll be down in your neck of the woods this weekend.

G.
Thanks for the warning. I will buy some more disinfectant.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Blondurant
Racer

Originally Posted by boxster_s_257
Talking to you at dinner on Friday night, it was pretty clear to me that you wanted in to the Dark Side. Probably doesn't hurt that Shelly kicked butt all weekend and did really well (I'll take credit for parking next to her and my excellent tutelage).
Oh, you noticed, huh? YES, I coming to the dark side. I told Shelly she was my hero. I didn't know she owed it all to you.

Originally Posted by boxster_s_257
Not that you need or want my advice, but I'd seriously consider a Spec Boxster. Cheaper initial cost, cheaper to run/weekend, and plenty of competition. If Rob Cohen, Chad H. and a few other folks join the fray, you will have 10+ cars in your class. Brad Roberts (wrote the original rules for POC) mentioned that he will find a way to include 2.7 and 3.2 cars (similar to Spec 944) in the very near future. I'll keep my "F" car, might also show up in a Spec Box or a SC.
I very much need and want your advice, thanks! Talked to Hans with RUF yesterday about building a spec box or transforming my CS. He definitely thinks I should go boxster.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:46 AM
bmoore
Instructor

I never planned to race in spec boxster. Todd wanted to build one and we all went together to build a "spec boxster". My plan is to continue to race the 996 cup. I bought one of the 997 cups last year. I loved the sequential transmission and additional pop but hated the non abs brakes. Probably the "real" reason I sold the 997 cup is that I could not "race" a $160K car. I just did not want to ever ball up that amount of money.

The new spec boxster is a good car and now well sorted. On the initial outlap at MSR sorting the car Glen did a 1:26! The cage that Todd did in the car is phenomenal too. I posted it for sale on Monday and have already gotten a lot of interest. If anyone needs pics or other information on all of the updates shoot me an email.

Thanks,
Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
We'd love to have you in Spec Box! With your Cayman experience, you should be going good in one in no time. We have 11 cars in Texas currently either built or in the process & I know of two more local shops that are talking about building one as well. If you haven't had a chance yet, Go over to:

http://www.boxsterspec.com/index.php?act=idx

& take a look around. Barry Moore has his car listed For Sale in the classifieds & since it's @ MSR, it would be a good one for you to check out. My car will be back out there next week getting prepped for barber as well if you can make it out. Drop me a line if I can help or answer any questions

PS: Noby, Shelly did do an awesome job this weekend. It was great having her out there with us!
THANKS! Really looking forward to it. I'll check out that link. Already sent Barry a PM. I will definitely need help and will have a million questions.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:07 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by caygirl
THANKS! Really looking forward to it. I'll check out that link. Already sent Barry a PM. I will definitely need help and will have a million questions.
Any thing we can do, just let us know. The Cali guys are working with us & we are getting up to speed on the cars fairly quickly. They have seen most of what we are seeing already which is really helping.

Quick Reply: Maverick Region CR/DE at ECR 5/24...who's going?