Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maverick Region CR/DE at ECR 5/24...who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:06 AM
cs jeff
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just better show up with your race tires... I'm only falling for that line ONCE!
Oh, I will, sweetie... I will!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:02 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
...the May Club Race will be a no-go for me. ....
Sorry to hear that Toby. But you are making the right choice. BTW, I've got a ton of great photos of your car on the track at TWS from the March race that I need to get to you. Too big to email. I'll burn them to a CD.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:38 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the May Club Race will be a no-go for me.
Too bad, we will miss you. More important things in life than this race. BTW, when were you going to complete the transfomartion of Tweety Bird?

-Noby
Old 05-07-2008, 04:16 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 262 Posts

I signed up for the DE for the virgin run of my ... wait for it ... Spec Boxster!

The car should arrive from California the week before with the interior stripped and the safety stuff (cage, fire system, seat and harnesses, etc.) and suspension completed. I'll throw in some new race pads and Motul and see how the 151K mile engine runs. I'm hoping for a very hot day so I can run the A/C one last time.

The plan is to keep running the 911 in NASA GTS-3 but now do some PCA events with the Boxster. I have a race at EC with NASA in October so it will be nice to get some track time in advance of that.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by boxster_s_257
Too bad, we will miss you. More important things in life than this race. BTW, when were you going to complete the transfomartion of Tweety Bird?

-Noby
I'm taking next week off so I can complete the teardown. Then it's off to the machine shop for refurbishment and build-up to a spec 1973 2.4S motor. If things go right, I am looking at the Hallett Club Race to bring the new motor onto the track. BUT.... lots of things have to happen in a certain sequence to make that date. Regardless, I will be at Hallett in October and looking for other opportunities as well (Todd mentioned something about Road America!).

Toby
Old 05-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6
Sorry to hear that Toby. But you are making the right choice. BTW, I've got a ton of great photos of your car on the track at TWS from the March race that I need to get to you. Too big to email. I'll burn them to a CD.

Thanks Greg. If I come out to watch on Memorial Day, I will let you know in advance - save some USPS pennies! Otherwise, I'll send you a PM with my address.
Toby
Old 05-07-2008, 08:01 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Toby,
Sorry we won't see you @ ECR.

Road America is the event of the year in my book! Once you go the first time, it will be on your calendar from then on.

Tell your kiddo congrats! Where's he headed from here?
Old 05-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
Toby,
Sorry we won't see you @ ECR.

Road America is the event of the year in my book! Once you go the first time, it will be on your calendar from then on.

Tell your kiddo congrats! Where's he headed from here?

He *thinks* he's headed to Trinity in San Antonio. Of course, he's had his eyes/heart set on FIVE different majors in the space of three years (from architect to English Lit professor to lawyer) so there's no telling where he will land. And don't even talk about the money side of it. When I asked about state schools, he simply held his nose. Oh, and no job as of yet (I started working at 15 so I could have my own money). He's in for some real-world lessons shortly.

Anyway, I will try to come out and watch you guys on Monday after I get back. Break a leg!

TBP
Old 05-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,671 Likes on 862 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
I signed up for the DE for the virgin run of my ... wait for it ... Spec Boxster!

The car should arrive from California the week before with the interior stripped and the safety stuff (cage, fire system, seat and harnesses, etc.) and suspension completed. I'll throw in some new race pads and Motul and see how the 151K mile engine runs. I'm hoping for a very hot day so I can run the A/C one last time.

The plan is to keep running the 911 in NASA GTS-3 but now do some PCA events with the Boxster. I have a race at EC with NASA in October so it will be nice to get some track time in advance of that.
COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:16 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He *thinks* he's headed to Trinity in San Antonio. Of course, he's had his eyes/heart set on FIVE different majors in the space of three years (from architect to English Lit professor to lawyer) so there's no telling where he will land. And don't even talk about the money side of it. When I asked about state schools, he simply held his nose. Oh, and no job as of yet (I started working at 15 so I could have my own money). He's in for some real-world lessons shortly.

Anyway, I will try to come out and watch you guys on Monday after I get back. Break a leg!

TBP
Yeah, I know what you mean about costs! By the time Neiman(11) goes, I'll be lucky if I can afford to race a tricycle

Sounds like Jr. needs to go spend some time hanging out in Austin around UT. I bet the scenery will open his eyes to a state school

Last edited by JW in Texas; 05-08-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:41 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
Sounds like Jr. needs to go spend some time hanging out in Austin around UT. I bet the scenery will open his eyes to a state school
No doubt. My son visited San Marcos and saw the scenery and decided that's where he wanted to go to school.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:25 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,237 Likes on 607 Posts

I just got a hall pass for it. Should be there for 2/3 days
Old 05-15-2008, 07:42 PM
juddtaylor
Instructor

I'll be there.

I've finally got my new JRZ suspension installed and aligned. I'll be out of town this weekend, but I think I can finalize all the other prep next week during the evenings. All I have left to do is the brake flush and trans flush, and to put the pep-pipes back on.

The car feels amazing in my testing since I've had the new setup aligned and balanced. I can't wait to really get it out there and push it hard.

I just counted the roster over at clubregistration.net, and I'm counting 36 drivers in DE1, 25 in DE2, and 6 unassigned drivers, for a total of 67 drivers.

That is still way low. I think there were 200+ drivers at the ECR track opening DE.

BTW, I thought I saw himself's car at Boardwalk on Monday (parked up front). Anyone hear if he going to be at this DE?

-Judd
Old 05-15-2008, 08:23 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by juddtaylor

BTW, I thought I saw himself's car at Boardwalk on Monday (parked up front). Anyone hear if he going to be at this DE?

-Judd
Judd,

I hope that JRZ is sweet! I know you've been waiting a while to get it installed! I'm sure you'll love it!

BTW, that weren't my car at BW. Maybe someone has a funny looking 911 like mine As for the DE, I'm all signed up. The have me in DE1, so you'll have to run circles around me next event! See you there!

-td
Old 05-16-2008, 10:26 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Updated schedule (shows as of 5-14) is posted here. Note the combined Enduro, should be interesting.

http://mav.pca.org/Events/cr/2008_Proposed_schedule.pdf

Rat poop, running with the damn Cup cars again Too many D/E/SP Box(6!)... And how am I supposed to run Glen off the track if he's in the other group? Run groups are shown in clubregistration.net.

-NT

Quick Reply: Maverick Region CR/DE at ECR 5/24...who's going?