Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Summit on 4/12-13 with Potomac - Hooz goin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008 | 07:31 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VB997
...I'm on the waiting list but my chances are slim at this point. When are you at VIR next?
Probably not until Sept w/ Potomac. Only 2 VIR events this year. There are a few Potomac Summit events in July and Aug also.
Old 03-28-2008 | 11:38 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

So what instructor is going to show me where the corners are? How the heck can I run 1:09's without some coaching.... Jim!!
Old 03-29-2008 | 08:31 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Gary, I'm sad to report that I won't be giving you point bys in white... They didn't "upgrade" my status to white when we got back from VIR, so I'm still in Blue, and since I've got a "slot" in blue and would have to be wait-listed in white, I chose to stay where I am and sort it out when I get there on Saturday morning. Hopefully I'll get moved up to white as the weekend progresses...

Mike
Old 03-29-2008 | 09:38 AM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

This thread is putting RA CR smack talk to shame, although I think the difference is that most of those guys can back up their smack talk.

Sean, even with the new surface, 1.25 at SP in F-class (new E) would still takes top driving. Do you plan to do the NASA NE races at SP?
Old 03-29-2008 | 12:01 PM
MLIN
Instructor

I am in. My first event this year. Can't wait to see everyone.

Yes, I am in Potomac white, and I'm shooting for sub 1:20.
Old 03-29-2008 | 12:54 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

All - Be SURE to use the 2008 Potomac Tech Inspection sheet as they will NOT accept other Regions Tech Forms...
Old 03-29-2008 | 03:30 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nader Fotouhi
Sean, even with the new surface, 1.25 at SP in F-class (new E) would still takes top driving. Do you plan to do the NASA NE races at SP?
Hey Nader

Not sure if I'll make NASA there but I was planning on the PCA race at SP.

How about you?

You doing the NASA race at the Glen this year?
Old 03-29-2008 | 06:52 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
All - Be SURE to use the 2008 Potomac Tech Inspection sheet as they will NOT accept other Regions Tech Forms...
Very good advice, some of us Potomac Tech Inspectors are real (slow) bastards!
Old 03-29-2008 | 07:27 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kurt M
Very good advice, some of us Potomac Tech Inspectors are real (slow) bastards!
I double checked with Charlie Clark as some regions have no problem using CVR's form but a couple (now two that I know of, Potomac and NNJR) demand you use theirs. I just would hate to have someone go down there, not have the right form, and get booted.
Old 03-29-2008 | 07:30 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MLIN
I am in. My first event this year. Can't wait to see everyone.

Yes, I am in Potomac white, and I'm shooting for sub 1:20.
Look forward to seeing you Mike. Myself and Hunt ran Schatt last week and are down to low 123's in our stock Carrera's. So we expect you to be in the teens in your 3.6 super car....
Old 03-29-2008 | 09:25 PM
MLIN
Instructor

Originally Posted by good hands
Look forward to seeing you Mike. Myself and Hunt ran Schatt last week and are down to low 123's in our stock Carrera's. So we expect you to be in the teens in your 3.6 super car....
Looking forward to more Scott & Hunt show this year. And please remind Hunt that this is no karting league, and bumping is not allowed regardless of how many times he gets lapped.
Old 03-29-2008 | 09:25 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I double checked with Charlie Clark as some regions have no problem using CVR's form but a couple (now two that I know of, Potomac and NNJR) demand you use theirs. I just would hate to have someone go down there, not have the right form, and get booted.
I was the Chief of tech for over 5 years and no one got sidelined my my team for having a non Potomac form. Groused at a little and had one of us snap on the latex glove for a little automotive version of the digital exam perhaps. If it would pass out tech per the form you were on track with the rest of us junkies. We did have to deal with a fair number of iffy forms and a questionable condition car now and then. My favorite was one regions form had about 7 check off lines and one was "brakes". What about the brakes? Exist, work? The best reason to use the form for the group you are driving with is so you know what the rules are. An example is Potomac requires brake fluid to be no older than 6 months 3 months if you use standard fluid and no "M" helmets. (I have a fluid checker too) IIRC NNJR requires a fire extinguisher and we do not. that kind of stuff. There is a link for the 2008 Potomac form on the DE info page. Put the completed form in you car so you don't get here and have no form to get through grid tech and then registration. No tickie no trackie and that pains even the most heartless fellow track rat.
Old 03-29-2008 | 09:47 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1957 356
Hey Nader

Not sure if I'll make NASA there but I was planning on the PCA race at SP.

How about you?

You doing the NASA race at the Glen this year?
Sean,

I hope to have the car ready for a shake down before the Glen PCA race. I plan to do PCA races at Glen, VIR, Thunderbolt, and SP if the car holds up as well as few NASA races here and there. The only NASA race I've seen at the Glen seems to be on the same weekend as PCA race at SP. I'll take another look.

I intend to do a dyno pull to have the option to run GTS2 or 44Cup. Either way, at 3200lbs with driver, I am too heavy in PCA trim but would still be fun. NASA NE has two races with the mid-Atlantic Region at SP if you can make them. There are usually a good showing of GTS at MA Region races.
Old 03-29-2008 | 10:12 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MLIN
Looking forward to more Scott & Hunt show this year. And please remind Hunt that this is no karting league, and bumping is not allowed regardless of how many times he gets lapped.
Don't get all upset because you couldn't buy a faster cart to stay ahead of me
Old 03-29-2008 | 11:53 PM
MLIN
Instructor

Originally Posted by Streak
Don't get all upset because you couldn't buy a faster cart to stay ahead of me
haha. But no need for a faster cart when a slower one did the job

Quick Reply: Summit on 4/12-13 with Potomac - Hooz goin?