Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Just got this via email from Chris Maume - I have NO AFFILIATION, just passing it along..

"Good Afternoon,

It is with great pleasure that I announce to all of you that I have continued the development of the on-track insurance program I began in early 2007 with Snellings Walters Insurance. The company that I started after leaving Snellings Walters, ProSure, was recently acquired by The Furman Insurance Agency in Pompano Beach, Fl. I am working with the Furman Agency as a motorsports insurance advisor continuing to operate out of my Atlanta based office.

We are launching a new and improved on-track insurance program for HPDE’s with enhanced offering such as LIABILITY and Storage, Transport & Paddock coverage. Over the past year nearly 30% of the inquiries about this program were questions concerning liability coverage. I have spent the entire off-season working with carriers to offer this coverage and now we can. I have attached our newest application that captures the information necessary to quote you both STP and On-Track Physical damage for your car. *(registered vehicles will not qualify for STP).

In the coming days my email address will change to chris@furmaninsurance.com, but please feel free to send correspondence back to me at this address until such time. If you have any questions please email or call me at the contact information below. If you are interested in a quote just complete and send the attached application back to me and we will get you started.

I look forward to working with each of you this year. See you at the track!

Regards,
Christopher S. Maume
Motorports Insurance Advisor
Furman Motorsports Insurance
678.643.8415-Atlanta Office
www.furmaninsurance.com"

Last edited by Gary R.; 02-25-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:32 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Gary, got that from Chris as well. Interested to see how this one works over the coming months as my policy I secured with Chris was one of the last ones the week he shut down so my policy doesn't expire until September.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Gary, got that from Chris as well. Interested to see how this one works over the coming months as my policy I secured with Chris was one of the last ones the week he shut down so my policy doesn't expire until September.
Mine (WSIB) is done around then also..
Old 02-25-2008, 07:25 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary, WSIB told me they would only pay book value on my car which is only a few $k not what it is marketable for. How does your work? Assuming it is on the SC.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I believe I slipped in before the policies got tightened as I have no limit on DE's and my SC is $30K -$2.5K deductable.. I originally had the policy on my 930 and they transferred it to the SC for me.. as it was all paid in full I left it at $30K.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:10 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by doug751
Good luck if you ever need to make a claim. I will not mention the name of DE Insurance that I purchased, but it was hell getting paid, and then I only received 1/2 of what it would have cost to fix or replace the car. It was very unpleasant, I was treated very poorly and to be honest I will never bother with DE insurance again. We can discuss in private if you wish to have more details.

The incident occurred the last week of July (2006) and I was paid finally at the end of October. I had to beg a plead with these guys and I believe that they were intentionally stalling perhaps because of cash flow issues or they thought that I would just give up.

Drive a car on the track that you can afford to loose and be careful. Do not bother with DE Insurance.
if its a bad company
please let us all know!!! so that we can learn from your mistake in choosing a bitch of a company.we make our payments on time,than we have to fight to get paid on a claim. bull**** give up the company info!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 09:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by s997gt3
if its a bad company
please let us all know!!! so that we can learn from your mistake in choosing a bitch of a company.we make our payments on time,than we have to fight to get paid on a claim. bull**** give up the company info!!!
Totally agree. Not sure why he chose to keep the name withheld.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Hopefully NOT WSIB! I know American Collectors (no longer offering coverage of course) paid me immediately following a couple weeks of getting the i's dotted.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:26 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Do they offer coverage for the CAR?
They do not offer track coverage on the car, just street coverage, although I've been told I may be able to get "some" damage paid for in a claim. The only reason I have it is for liability concerns.

Originally Posted by ilko
This may sound naive, but isn't that what the waivers are for?
And what's to keep somebody from suing me? They don't always hold up. Not worth the exposure and much prefer to be protected. For me, not worth the chance.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:01 PM
doug751
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts

Starts with L, ends with L.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:05 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Is anyone sifting through the application process with any of the insurers yet? I've made applications, but have nothing to report yet.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Yes. I worked with Chris through Snellings Walters. And my wife made a claim, which they covered in toto, no complaints. (I jumped through a couple of hoops since there was transition going on but it all ended up fine.) Since Snellings has discontinued the coverage I have already applied for a new policy with Chris again.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:23 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by doug751
Starts with L, ends with L.
OK THANK YOU
Old 02-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by George3
Is anyone sifting through the application process with any of the insurers yet? I've made applications, but have nothing to report yet.

I have a quote back from WSIB (pending an appraisal of my car), but haven't read the details yet. I have apps from Anna McM and Chris M, but haven't returned them yet.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:42 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by George3

i've be in contact with furman walters(.chris maume,) online so far and i filled out applacition for a quote today.
i also contacted wsbi and left voice mail yesterday and again this morning for laura,but they have not responded.

Quick Reply: Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???