Sponsored by:

Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 08:51 AM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
but it is not looking so good for instructors getting coverage.
Clearly all Mitch's fault!
Old 02-02-2008, 04:17 PM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I too have been waiting for Chris M. to get back to me.
Should be interesting to see what last year's experience will do to this year's rule changes...........
Old 02-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Anna McM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to this board so please forgive me if I speak out of turn. I am an agent in Atlanta and will soon be offering a modified version of the product previously offered by Snellings Walters / SIU.

Some of the posts here are correct; there have been some changes to the product. We hope to be able to release full details in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, if I can answer any specific questions, please email me at annamcm@liabund.com
Old 02-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Good morning, Anna. Please let us know what your agency will offer.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:38 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

What agency is this? Searching for "liabund.com" yields nothing but an page to be made later......
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
liabund.pdf (39.2 KB, 122 views)
Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Anna McM
Track Day

Exclamation DE Insurance

We have worked out the remaining details of the insurance program, and can begin offering the coverage immediately.

Our agency is Liability Underwriters, Inc. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Johnson & Bryan, which is one of the oldest and largest independent agencies in Atlanta. Johnson & Bryan's website can be viewed at www.johnsonandbryan.com.

We are in the process of designing a website that will feature this product in detail, with the ability to apply and pay for the product online. However, in the meantime, I will be happy to assist you by phone, email and fax. (And in person, of course, if you are in the metro Atlanta area)

I really look forward to being able to help you with this!

Anna McManus
Liability Underwriters Inc
P.O. Box 527
Cumming, GA 30028

678-513-4799
678-513-6077 fax
annamcm@liabund.com
Old 02-05-2008, 09:31 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

And, while you'll surely get lots of inquiries from us, you do have to become a rlist business sponsor if your're going to promote your venture. "Them's the rules"

Will your product be available in our "great state of NY"? (I got in the election mood tonight)
Old 02-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Anna McM
Track Day

Default Yikes...I don't want to break the rules!!

Thanks for the message, and I don't want to break the rules. I will look up the process of being a sponsor. :-)

And yes, the coverage is available in NY. And there is no limit to the number of events either.

Anna
Old 02-07-2008, 10:09 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

What a BS requirement. I have seen WAY TOO MANY instructors that sign off students that are not ready for solo action just to get them off their plate for the weekend. These policies seem to add whatever they can think of to make sure they have a possible out for payment.

So what about instructors? Do they have to get an instructor to sign them off as well?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I am a little confused by this exclusion.
Me too, and am looking forward to her response.
Looks like a mistake in product design, as it is really impractical.
If so, maybe we can influence a change.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Note that our friends at BMW CCA put an instructor in every student car, including their A students. They get a signoff after a couple of laps, ususally, but they get an instructor for the first laps of the first day of the event. From the application which asks if the applicant is an A, B, C or D student or an instructor, it sounds as though SIU talked more with BMW guys than Porsche guys.

How hard would it be for PCA regions to put an instructor in every car for the first laps? Even one instructor in another instructor's car? If we go this route, we should have the club document in some way that there was a signoff.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:49 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
How hard would it be for PCA regions to put an instructor in every car for the first laps? Even one instructor in another instructor's car? If we go this route, we should have the club document in some way that there was a signoff.
What a logistical nightmare to revampt the entire DE program, especially by region (or national). That would require the current instructor corp to not only have their own student but also go out in the solo groups (1-3 non-insturcted groups depending on event).

I thought there was a reason you went from student to solo, to instructor (if so desired). Once you are no longer a student doesn't mean you can't have an instructor again but shows that you have demonstrated proficiency (theoretically) in car control required for a solo environment. Not sure why you would have to be signed off at EVERY event. One sign off should be suffiecient. If they insurance carriers wanted an instructor sign-off everytime maybe a better compromise would be once a year get a "check-out" ride to demonstrate you haven't lost anything that would warrant being placed back in a student only group.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:52 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I just talked to these people and was told crashes due to mechanical failure are not covered. This included tire blowouts. However, if someone else's tire blows and somehow causes the insured to crash this is covered. Apparently there are quite a few exclusions. I will be receiving an email listing the specifics soon. I'll post what I get.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
jester911
Drifting

Originally Posted by paradisenb
I just talked to these people and was told crashes due to mechanical failure are not covered. This included tire blowouts. However, if someone else's tire blows and somehow causes the insured to crash this is covered. Apparently there are quite a few exclusions. I will be receiving an email listing the specifics soon. I'll post what I get.
That seems really odd to exclude mechanical failure. If the tire blew out after hitting debris in the track would it then be covered?

If so then no one is going to say the tire just had a blow out.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:06 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Here is the 'Exclusion regarding being 'Signed Off' per event. Seems pretty strange for experienced drivers. Try getting an instructor to take the time at each event to sign off a driver.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
DE Ins Exclusion.doc (26.0 KB, 123 views)

Quick Reply: Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???