Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAVPCA DE 9/22-9/23 MSR Cresson. Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
....I fired up the air compressor and blew out the inside of the car with the air hose as best as I could......

.....She turns on the A/C and POOF! A cloud of dirt and fine grass blows out of the vents into her face. Ooops. Busted.

I didn't even bother with that trick the week before after returning from TWS. I was pretty much busted the minute I got home. Too bad it wasn't her car.

David, A drover is somebody who does stuff like this...
Attached Images      
Old 09-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Sorry senior.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:59 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deep_uv
I didn't even bother with that trick the week before after returning from TWS. I was pretty much busted the minute I got home. Too bad it wasn't her car. .
Yup. that's about what the interior of the M Coupe looked like. But add to that enough hay shoved into every crevas and seam underneath the car to feed a herd of cattle. And stuffed all around the cat/exhaust/headers. ("How about a little fire, scarecrow!")

Speaking of which, there's nothing like pulling into the hotpits to talk to the boss man and being told, hey, by the way, your car is on fire....
Old 09-25-2007, 08:21 AM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

...says the perpetual no-show.
Yeah, had to make an emergency trip to Carjackistan for work. I have to work for gas money and feeding Ms Piggy One of these days....

And you can't come up with anything better than that, mocking my work schedule?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by boxster_s_257
Yeah, had to make an emergency trip to Carjackistan for work. I have to work for gas money and feeding Ms Piggy One of these days....

And you can't come up with anything better than that, mocking my work schedule?
Heh....it's all I needed.

Seriously, though, you were missed.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
VR, it was a pleasure being able to give you some advanced instruction. Nice meeting everyone and thanks for the instruction Glen. and VR.
It was a great time, You are welcome!
I rode with several and hopefully was able to help each of them a bit. Enjoyed it and hope to do it whenever I have the time.

Thanks for letting me work with each of You I had the chance to.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Well, sorry for jumping in on a thread so late but just wanted to say Hi. It was my third event at MSR and the first time on the large track. I was in a red 993 in blue and yellow. It was a very fun weekend and will be comming back. I would have to say turn 5 was one of my favorite turns as I could gain on others there quite a bit. Lots of runoff if you take it right but enter early and I can see how a driver would run out of track quick. Second favorite turn to really push hard was the toilett bowl section of turns. Lots of fun down through there. Full throttle over the top of that hill really feels good.

Next time our group is up, come by the motor home camp just beside the entracne for a briskett sandwich.

Later

Jeff
Old 09-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Are you the friend of Brooke & Wally who bought Kerry Bonner's car?
Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Yes, but its mine now

Our group includes Chris Gurley, Bart Reed and myself. You guys will probably start seeing a lot of us.

Chris ripped off his headders when going backwards off of turn 11. I am buying a large sheet of Jon Derre stickers and when anyone of our group goes 4 off they get a sticker on the right side of the front fender. Its like a fighter pilot kill only bad
Old 09-26-2007, 09:58 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gasser
Chris ripped off his headders when going backwards off of turn 11.
Coincidentally, an M3 broke a control arm going off in the same corner (Ricochet) that weekend. There is a mean dropoff at the edge there. Is that how he lost his headers?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yeah, the summer-long rain has eroded the track end in a lot of places there.

Jeff, I look forward to meeting you next time!

-Dave
Old 09-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Well, the type of exhaust he had hung down too low. We noticed this when he bought it. He broke the headder the last time he was there but we were able to repair it. Now this time the headder broke off at the mount and is gone. The left one is intact. We just need to start over and mount the tail pipe up through the bottom part of the rear bumper like stock. He has a glass bumper and no cutout for the pipe currently.

I saw the spin and he just lost the tail comming out of 11 and hit the dip you speak of. The low exhaust hung up and ripped off the car. All the studs are still there and not bent thank goodness so it should not be too big of a bill.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Dave, yes, I will be back as will my traveling buddies. Look forward to bench racing with all of you and some real track time as well.

Our next event will probably be Hallett if my car gets done and then I am off to Disney with the Wife and kids for two weeks in the RV. Wish me luck.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, the summer-long rain has eroded the track end in a lot of places there.
My brothers new dirt excavating venture could help with that. I was actually telling him he should look into doing that.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
My brothers new dirt excavating venture could help with that. I was actually telling him he should look into doing that.
Well, what Jack needs to do first, before that, is hire some "day laborers" for a day to pick up rocks in the new section. Jesus Mary & Joseph, it is like Afghanistan off track there.

Quick Reply: MAVPCA DE 9/22-9/23 MSR Cresson. Who's going?