Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAVPCA DE 9/22-9/23 MSR Cresson. Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm kind of upset to hear we're running the 1.7 in October also. I wonder if I can get a partial/full refund?
Old 09-28-2007, 02:13 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Stop it David, I'm not talented. I just have a fast car..... Plus, I have way too much time at that track.

Greg, they run all the different configurations on member days, ccw 1.7, cw 1.7 and ccw 3.1, depending on the day. Look at their calender online and it will show you what days they run the 3.1.

G.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:04 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by George A
You know I'm a member of MSR, as is David (23). If you ever get the bug to go out there on a non event weekend, shoot me an email and I'll see if I can work it out. G.
Originally Posted by David 23
I am always interested in having someone come out to MSR with me as a guest. It is more fun than going out alone. You can shoot me an email also and we can hook up.
Thanks for the offer! Any advice on how to convince my wife to let me "memberize" out there? lol It seems that each horse trade for another DE weekend goes more in her favor. doh!

Thanks again!

-td

Oh, that was my first attempt at the multi-quote function. Kinda nifty!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
David, when you guys run member days out there, is it always the 1.7? I really, really, really wish I wasn't going to be out of town every weekend in October til the DE...

Speaking of the Oct DE, I just got an email from MavRegion that they are planning to run the 1.7 for the Oct 27 DE instead of the 3.1. That's kind of frustrating because I was looking forward to working on turns 8, 9, and 10 again. Much improvement still needed there.
Crap.

I'll bet they don't have enough people signed up to pay for the 3.1.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I was right. Only 55 signed up so far.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:32 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I was right. Only 55 signed up so far.
Yeah, the email response I got from the registrar when I emailed to ask why said that they were doing the 1.7 due to low registrations. That becomes kind of a catch 22 situation, because I suspect there are a number of folks that may be more likely to register for the 3.1 instead of the 1.7.

BTW, can you tell how many people are signed up so far for ECR on Nov 17? I'm real curious how that one will go in terms of registrations. I sure hope those runoffs are smooth and groomed....
Old 09-28-2007, 03:37 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg,
The track selection varies. There are probably at least as many 3.1 days as others. Sometimes they run the 1.3 for members when another club is using the 1.7. THAT'S the way to get practice on 8,9,10, as the laps go by fast!
Oct. 7 is the 3.1, and I hope to go out then. I am having a hard time doing two day DE weekends with my schedule, so I am trying to do more single and half days more frequently.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:48 PM
juddtaylor
Instructor

Originally Posted by td873
I think perhaps you did, on Saturday, 2nd morning session for blue. If so we got trapped behind a car that gave us a pass 1/2 way down big bend, and I waved it off. Then didn't get another pass for 3 laps. Also, we had a quick conversation about my integrated handsfree.

Does that ring a bell?

If that wasn't you, well, all us silver Porsches with muffler bypass look and sound the same We're easy to get confused. lol

Now that we're on the subject of MSR (as if we weren't already), I need to shave 5 seconds off my laps in the same setup. I figure a second, maybe two in 8-9-10, but I still need 3 more seconds somewhere. Any thoughts on obvious places without watching my vids? (which I will post soon enough)

-tom

Hey tom! It was fun hanging out with you at MSR this weekend. (I'm Judd, #996... but that should be easy enough to figure out from my nick).

3s huh? Get some better tires. Just going to a top-quality street tire like a PZero (good when new only), will shave tons. I don't really recommend you go to R6's until you stop going off, though, 'cos going off fast sucks worse, and you have little warning when the R6's lose traction.

When I put the seats and 6pts in, I probably went up 3+s/lap instantly since I got much smoother.

Oh yeah... and the line doesn't go through the grass

-Judd
Old 09-28-2007, 04:15 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
Yeah, the email response I got from the registrar when I emailed to ask why said that they were doing the 1.7 due to low registrations. That becomes kind of a catch 22 situation, because I suspect there are a number of folks that may be more likely to register for the 3.1 instead of the 1.7.

BTW, can you tell how many people are signed up so far for ECR on Nov 17? I'm real curious how that one will go in terms of registrations. I sure hope those runoffs are smooth and groomed....

Crap. I had to run the 1.7 last time up due to low amounts of corner workers available and I was really looking forward to the 3.1 this time. I may try to back out, I'd rather save my money for the 3.1. The two regions should really work together to separate these DE's a bit. I'm sure the back to back weekends thing is contributing to the low attendance.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:33 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Crap. I had to run the 1.7 last time up due to low amounts of corner workers available and I was really looking forward to the 3.1 this time. I may try to back out, I'd rather save my money for the 3.1.
Told ya you should have come to MSR last weekend. But NOOOO, you wanted to do TWS for the millionth time instead...

Edit: On the bright side, if you come do the 1.7 at MSR, you should have that pretty well dialed in since you've run it before.

Last edited by TR6; 09-28-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6

26 so far.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:52 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by David 23
Greg,
The track selection varies. There are probably at least as many 3.1 days as others. Sometimes they run the 1.3 for members when another club is using the 1.7. THAT'S the way to get practice on 8,9,10, as the laps go by fast!
Oct. 7 is the 3.1, and I hope to go out then. I am having a hard time doing two day DE weekends with my schedule, so I am trying to do more single and half days more frequently.
I'm shooting for the 7th also, hope to see you out there. I don't think I've been on the 3.1 more than a couple times this year. Whenever my schedule has allowed a visit they've been running the 1.7.

Last time I drove they were schedule for the 3.1 but changed to the 1.7 because they had fixed some of the grading on the new side and new grass had just been put in. Has anyone seen these changes? Are the run-off areas free of boulders yet?
Old 09-28-2007, 05:16 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by juddtaylor
Oh yeah... and the line doesn't go through the grass
Well, on occassion, my line does. doh!

It's always good to see you at the track Judd. You just need to pony up the 10 bucks for a real number lol

Oh congrats on your first post! and welcome!

-tom
Old 09-28-2007, 05:20 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6
I sure hope those runoffs are smooth and groomed....
Are you making fun of me again? lol. Besides, I refuse to go off anywhere nice and smooth. I only like sections where the Afgani rocks live.

-tom
Old 09-28-2007, 06:00 PM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think a bunch of us should all show up the 7th for the 3.1 day. It might be more fun than the DE!

Quick Reply: MAVPCA DE 9/22-9/23 MSR Cresson. Who's going?