Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAVPCA DE 9/22-9/23 MSR Cresson. Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 864 Posts

Tom's car sounds really good inside as well!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:02 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Inside what???? Damn, you are a sick man (or whatever you are).

G.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I sat in the right seat last weekend on track.

Please, George, keep your latent issues & penchant for projection between you and Bart.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Dave,

Did I drover you around? Kinda embarassing, but I can't remember all the folks I putted around with. Putted being the operative word in the blue group - aka the blue-choo-choo train group.

-td
Old 09-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Didn't I? Maybe not? I did ride with a guy with the muffler baffles removed. Car sounded like a Cup car but was a street car. Maybe it was someone else??
Old 09-27-2007, 08:32 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

OK, I've gotta ask... what is a drover????
Old 09-27-2007, 08:35 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LiveNupe
This should clear things up for you:

http://www.answers.com/topic/drover
Old 09-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LiveNupe
I am a drover.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:40 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

My name is Mike, and I'm a drover.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Didn't I? Maybe not? I did ride with a guy with the muffler baffles removed. Car sounded like a Cup car but was a street car. Maybe it was someone else??
I think perhaps you did, on Saturday, 2nd morning session for blue. If so we got trapped behind a car that gave us a pass 1/2 way down big bend, and I waved it off. Then didn't get another pass for 3 laps. Also, we had a quick conversation about my integrated handsfree.

Does that ring a bell?

If that wasn't you, well, all us silver Porsches with muffler bypass look and sound the same We're easy to get confused. lol

Now that we're on the subject of MSR (as if we weren't already), I need to shave 5 seconds off my laps in the same setup. I figure a second, maybe two in 8-9-10, but I still need 3 more seconds somewhere. Any thoughts on obvious places without watching my vids? (which I will post soon enough)

-tom
Old 09-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Nope, that wasn't me. Sorry for my mistake.

Easy 2 seconds in the toilet bolw alone. Everyone overslows there. Maybe a second braking less into Little Bend, and another second braking less into Big Bend? Hard to say w/o video.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:28 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy 2 seconds in the toilet bolw alone. Everyone overslows there.
I'm working on that one myself. Todd B(instructor) showed me a little better line there this past weekend than what I'd been doing. This line has me come over the leap of faith (crest of hill before TB), turn in at the point where I can make a long straight line to the braking zone just touching the first apex of TB as I go by, and accelerating hard until the braking zone to the third seam towards the edge of the track before turning in again towards the second apex. This allows me to accelerate on that straight line after I turn in from the leap of faith rather than just shedding speed the whole way. Does that make sense? Hard to describe in words.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:34 PM
cosmosm3
Intermediate

Nice meeting you Greg H. and good seeing you again Greg S. and Dave. Unfortunately, I was retarded and didn't see that I could have caught a ride with you Dave on the second to last session of each day (I thought red and white were back to back all day). I'll have to get that second seat and harness installed before the next event in order to get some AI, which I need dearly.

Dat
Old 09-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6
I'm working on that one myself. Todd B(instructor) showed me a little better line there this past weekend than what I'd been doing. This line has me come over the leap of faith (crest of hill before TB), turn in at the point where I can make a long straight line to the braking zone just touching the first apex of TB as I go by, and accelerating hard until the braking zone to the third seam towards the edge of the track before turning in again towards the second apex. This allows me to accelerate on that straight line after I turn in from the leap of faith rather than just shedding speed the whole way. Does that make sense? Hard to describe in words.
Makes sense. That is exactly what I do, except I don't go quite as far left. I take a relatively tight line there & still hit both apexes....and catch (or gap) a lot of people who enter from way far track left. Just ask your brother in law.

Dat, I really wanted to ride with you, even said hi on the grid. Next time, PLEASE let's pick a specific session, or else I run out of available slots by lunch Saturday.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:21 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Nope, that wasn't me. Sorry for my mistake.
And my bad for not hunting you down. I'll leave the passenger set open for you in October.

As for the 5 seconds: I'm trying to get to 2:45 laps with my streeties before I move to R's. Right now I'm running ~2:50. If I can average 2:45 a lap I'll be pretty happy with my droving. I know it's possible in my setup as Steve was pulling those times when he drove my car...

I'm sure I need some improvement in my lines, but the biggest thing must be over-braking and not getting to WOT soon enough. I'll get some vid up tonight.

-td

Quick Reply: MAVPCA DE 9/22-9/23 MSR Cresson. Who's going?