Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAVPCA DE 9/22-9/23 MSR Cresson. Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 08:53 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
That's because all of the kool kidz stay in Benbrook! Whatcha doin out in the sticks?[/I].
Oh sure, NOW he tells me!

Great day on the track. Cresson is a very different type of track from TWS, and for me pretty hard to learn. By the end of the day I was finally recognizing all the turns, and at least getting close to the line from time to time. Saw VR and TR6 out there. All & all a very fine day.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:36 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
That's because all of the kool kidz stay in Benbrook! Whatcha doin out in the sticks?

Originally Posted by mglobe
Oh sure, NOW he tells me!

Great day on the track. Cresson is a very different type of track from TWS, and for me pretty hard to learn. By the end of the day I was finally recognizing all the turns, and at least getting close to the line from time to time. Saw VR and TR6 out there. All & all a very fine day.

Mike, Trust me, you made the better decision with Granbury. Greg is not kool BTW.

Good to hear you guys are having fun.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VR, it was a pleasure being able to give you some advanced instruction. Nice meeting everyone and thanks for the instruction Glen. and VR.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:01 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Big kudo's to the MAVPCA team for putting on a great DE this weekend. I had a fantastic time learning a new (to me) track. My instructor, Bill Georgas was great. Really enjoyed driving with and learning from you Bill! I'll definitely return to MSR. MAVPCA is a class act, and MSR is a fun and challenging circuit.

Hope I see some of you guys at TWS soon.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:10 PM
JayP
Pro

Bill Georgas is one of the reasons I have a 944 track car. He took me for a ride in the spring of '06 and by summer I had the 'S.

I tried to catch up with him and introduce him to my brother- they're both West Point grads. And they look like twins. Creepy.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
VR, it was a pleasure being able to give you some advanced instruction. Nice meeting everyone and thanks for the instruction Glen. and VR.
Come again?

It was a fun weekend, despite (a) the heat, (b) and having to ride with Greg not once but twice.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Come again?

It was a fun weekend, despite (a) the heat, (b) and having to ride with Greg not once but twice.
Turn up your reading aid, I said:
Old 09-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Turn up your reading aid, I said:
Wow, I must have missed that advanced instruction you gave me. Dang!!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Wow, I must have missed that advanced instruction you gave me. Dang!!
Dead hearing aid battery?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

That must be it. Either that, or the fact that hearing you talk is a sure cure for insomnia.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:00 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a blast this weekend. It was a lot of fun driving a different car (M Coupe) on the track and learning its characteristics, both good and bad. And the wife doesn't even suspect that I worked her car like a cheap hooker...

Speaking of the wife's car, on Saturday, I slid off the track sideways out of turn 10 when I ran out of talent, which of course flooded the interior with a thick cloud of dirt and weeds and grass. We were booked to go to dinner with two other couples Sat night and I knew she would want to take the M Coupe (she loves that car). So as soon as I pulled into the garage Sat when I got home, I fired up the air compressor and blew out the inside of the car with the air hose as best as I could. Had just enough time to shower and change for dinner, and we jump in the car to go. She turns on the A/C and POOF! A cloud of dirt and fine grass blows out of the vents into her face. Ooops. Busted.

Had a great time, enjoyed seeing everyone again and meeting some new folks. It was a blast riding in the passenger seat of Steve W's RSA race car (black and silver). He is the Tokyo drift king on those old worn out toyos! VR, I saw you back there behind us. Why didn't you catch up and pass?

It was also a blast riding with my instructor (Todd B.) in his silver BMW 318. I was truly impressed what someone can do with only 130 horsepower and skinny little tires! He is truly a momentum driver. And he makes the higher horsepower cars really work for it to pass him.

I was only disappointed that my last run session of the day was cut short because a silver E46 M3 went off the edge on turn 5 and busted up his car to the point of needing a tow. I was the next car behind him and came around turn 5 to see him sitting on the track at the end of the braking zone prior to turn 6 with pieces of his spoiler laying on the track. I think he popped a tire. They black flagged the whole group and that ended the day.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

That's the off-camber right hand turn just at/past the transition from old to new track? My instructor kept after me to be light on the throttle every time we came through there. I understood he was concerned about the off-camber nature of it, but always had to be reminded to be light on the gas. Glad he was there to tell me that!
Old 09-24-2007, 02:08 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by mglobe
That's the off-camber right hand turn just at/past the transition from old to new track? My instructor kept after me to be light on the throttle every time we came through there. I understood he was concerned about the off-camber nature of it, but always had to be reminded to be light on the gas. Glad he was there to tell me that!
EDIT: I just reread your post and we may be talking a different spot... I'm talking about coming out of the big left hander (Turn 10) just before you make that slight right hand bend back to the old track. I did a couple of things wrong there. I was anxious to pass a car that I'd been behind in the new section and he had indicated he was going to give me the point after turn 10, so I was pinching my line to the inside more to go around him on the left after the turn instead of tracking all the way out. In addition, I put the hammer down too hard on the throttle to get going past him and the M Coupe has more than enough torque to break the rear tires loose. Which it did. And that's when I ran out of talent...

There's gotta be nothing more funny to the driver of a car that is about to be passed as to see the would-be passer disappear in a cloud of dust behind you.

Last edited by TR6; 09-24-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by deep_uv
Mike, Trust me, you made the better decision with Granbury.
Sure, if you want to hang with the truckers and animal husbandry experts instead of the PCA crowd.
Originally Posted by deep_uv
Greg is not kool BTW.
I am as kool as kool kan be, mo dee fo.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6
I
Had a great time, enjoyed seeing everyone again and meeting some new folks. It was a blast riding in the passenger seat of Steve W's RSA race car (black and silver). He is the Tokyo drift king on those old worn out toyos! VR, I saw you back there behind us. Why didn't you catch up and pass?
LOL. I was closing every lap, but Steve is too good of a drover (and a great dude) and never seems to make mistakes!

He & I had a GREAT nose/tail dice on Sunday morning, both with team leaders in our right seats. Most fun I have had in a while. He is a great shoe.

Quick Reply: MAVPCA DE 9/22-9/23 MSR Cresson. Who's going?