Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:43 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Pete
If your not in a Ferrari or McLaren, your not going to win the championship this year. The driver is secondary until we witnessed what happened in Malaysia with boneheaded moves by Massa. Why do we have to wait 1 month for the next race?
scumacher has made many bonehead moves and still won 7 WC
Old 04-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Correct Mitch:

3 races , 3 different winners and the MS guys are upset ,

Barrichello move over , move over ! the greatest cannot past

Sorry for being late Wayne.

I was disappointed to see Kimi's re-start, WTF was he cruising back there? After that, he drove well and I was glad to see him at least try with Alonso.

Otherwise, fairly boring as far as the top 3 goes. The quali & start means everything (Kimi should definately take less fuel next time).
Awesome drive from Nick and it was fun to see Rosberg, Wurtz etc. to battlle and Trulli's passes were cool. Overall it was a good race and the championship between the four looks interesting!

I hate the "only last race matters" mentality when i.e. commentators (& others) rate drivers. For example, after Malaysia, Alonso was the king, now not. Massa sucked and now he is the king. Did they really change that much during the week? I don't think so and I'm not giving up on my chilled Vodka that Wayne keeps cool for me...

And I'm really starting to get annoyed by the "Hamilton show" Speed F1 programs are turning into. I bet at next race they will interview his aunt or something (I've never heard them interview any of the top driver's family, yeat at the 2nd race, they have already gone through at least his father & brother).
Old 04-16-2007, 11:51 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

As a hamilton fan , i do feel it is a little too much , but you have to realise he is british and the british control our coverage as well , I'm sure finn tv interviewed Kimi's last barkeep , to get an inside scoop..

I believe Kimi was dis-appointed in his performance more than you , you know our bet , so i'm not suprised. alonso 5th was lower than expected as he lost A Position from Q3 , but knowing alono he will not risk points if unnecesary and will take the victory when it it is there , so this early , his focus is just as prost , glory at the end is what counts ...

3 races , 3 different winners , regardless of your pick it is good for the sport

Ohh, Haki got to go , you can't beat fisi , you need to move on to lemans or something ...
Old 04-16-2007, 12:33 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cory M
Do you guys really think it makes that much of a difference who is driving the car at this level? I think the driver contribution is about 20% (probably less). Think about it, Massa was a nobody until he got into a Ferrari - now he's getting the pole and winning races. Former winners like Coultard, Barrichelo, Ralf, etc, are in the in the middle of the pack - do you think they lost their driving skills? If they were driving a Ferrari or McLaren this season they would be winning just like they used to. Alonso, Hamilton, Massa, Kimi, are all excellent drivers but none of them appear to be dominant yet.
I beg to differ here. What happened to Renault? Ok, maybe they really do have a problem with tires but I think testing and giving accurate feedback is one of the driver's main responsibilities. Alonso seems to have his car dialed in. Fisi does not. There is alot more to racing than driving.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
I beg to differ here. What happened to Renault? Ok, maybe they really do have a problem with tires but I think testing and giving accurate feedback is one of the driver's main responsibilities. Alonso seems to have his car dialed in. Fisi does not. There is alot more to racing than driving.
Mitch,

I disagree, because:

-Last year, Kovalainen did same or similar times than Alonso.

-Kovalainen tested more than Alonso or Fisichella so he played a big role in developing/dialing the car. Yet now he (and Fisi) has a lot of problems with the handling of the car, car oversteers a lot and uses a lot of tyres (this is why Kovalainen in Bahrain was so slow after only 8 or so laps).

-First test with Bridgestone tyres (with 2006 cars!) Renault was 1+ sec. slower than McLaren (with Michelins they were faster).
Old 04-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

...Ohh, Haki got to go , you can't beat fisi , you need to move on to lemans or something ...
Again, let's not be so quick with the judgement...
Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

...I believe Kimi was dis-appointed in his performance more than you , you know our bet , so i'm not suprised. alonso 5th was lower than expected as he lost A Position from Q3 , but knowing alono he will not risk points if unnecesary and will take the victory when it it is there , so this early , his focus is just as prost , glory at the end is what counts...
Sure he was as I'm sure Alonso was too (well, he should be even more so).

BTW: re: Kimi having "too much" fuel (IMO), where's Ross Brawn when you (= Ferrari) need him?!
Old 04-16-2007, 01:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Sure he was as I'm sure Alonso was too (well, he should be even more so).

BTW: re: Kimi having "too much" fuel (IMO), where's Ross Brawn when you (= Ferrari) need him?!
Dis-agree finn,
I believe Kimi was dealt a bigger Physiological blow from his performance than Alonso was from his. as alonso has done this before and really does not have to prove anything , he just has to focus on ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP , Kimi must deliver and not having delivered before the pressure is on him as Massa to produce , but more so Kimi .

Kimi's fuel load was not that much different from massa's
Old 04-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Dis-agree finn,
I believe Kimi was dealt a bigger Physiological blow from his performance than Alonso was from his. as alonso has done this before and really does not have to prove anything , he just has to focus on ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP , Kimi must deliver and not having delivered before the pressure is on him as Massa to produce , but more so Kimi .

Kimi's fuel load was not that much different from massa's
You're forgetting something. He's a Finn, and Iceman, and like me, we don't feel pressure, we chrush it.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I thought this was the Iceman...

Last edited by Cory M; 01-08-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cory M
I thought this was the Iceman...

He's the gay Iceman: "You can be my wingman anytime!"
Old 04-16-2007, 03:13 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Mitch,

I disagree, because:

-Last year, Kovalainen did same or similar times than Alonso.

-Kovalainen tested more than Alonso or Fisichella so he played a big role in developing/dialing the car. Yet now he (and Fisi) has a lot of problems with the handling of the car, car oversteers a lot and uses a lot of tyres (this is why Kovalainen in Bahrain was so slow after only 8 or so laps).

-First test with Bridgestone tyres (with 2006 cars!) Renault was 1+ sec. slower than McLaren (with Michelins they were faster).
Yes, I am aware that Kovalainen did testing but I have to believe that for the most part, the principle driver has the most intellegent input. The friday drivers are, for the most part, putting in miles under very controlled situations. I have to believe the principle driver's input is the most valuable. Say what you will about MS but he never gave up and had the work ethic to produce a competitive car. Alonso seems to have that skill as well (although time will tell). I'm not so sure about either Massa or Hamilton.

Now for sure if you are talking about inferior teams then no matter how good the driver is, he will flounder but in the upper teams, and that includes Renault, a great driver can elevate the team to the top. Fisi has shown he is not up to the task. I wonder how well Renault would be doing if Alonso was still there. Alonso seems to smile just a little when asked about Renault.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:54 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Again, let's not be so quick with the judgement...
slower than Fisi

and not to sound like Kimi, but ,

iwanttosaythat iwilltrymybesttogetothefrontinspainronandmcclarenseemstobedoinggoodsince ihaveleftandmassaiskickingmyassineedadrink
Old 04-16-2007, 06:57 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 397 Likes on 229 Posts

iwanttosaythat iwilltrymybesttogetothefrontinspainronandmcclarenseemstobedoinggoodsince ihaveleftandmassaiskickingmyassineedadrink

you've captured the real Kimi
Old 04-16-2007, 08:49 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,369 Likes on 1,996 Posts

In addition to Nick Heidfeld, Couthard was EN FUEGO yesterday. He was passing people like they were standing still. Too bad his car let him down.

I think Hamilton's the real deal, but the kissing up is getting nausiating.

Kimi NEEDS to run lighter to have a chance at the win. Has anyone else noticed that the Ferrari's in particular do not like dirty air? The washing out while Kimi was behind Fernando and the inability of Massa to get by Hamilton on a lighter load and with a faster car (as per qualifying 1 vs. 4) AND the fact that the BMW had no problem behind the McLaren coupled with the Ferrari's building of significant gaps when running alone are indicative of this.

With a month off, there will be a lot of changes on the aero packages to all cars and we'll see who then has the upper hand because after the 1st race, it was clear Ferrari was in a class by themselves, but McLaren is just as good and probably better in the faster corners than Ferrari after the 1st three races.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors