Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I agree about laughing at FA about whining about the incident. I'd probably be smart-@$$ enough to say, well, there is a driver's education event coming up that might suit you....

Geez, I expected closer racing in karts and that was just for fun, not millions of dollars a year.

I think Alesi was quite a talent. But, I think he got into the wrong cars at the wrong time. AND I don't think he had the talent of a Schumacher or perhaps Alonso (not to mention Prost and Senna) to lift a team to championship caliber. Sad because I always rooted for him and loved to see him drive.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:38 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In actuallity , i do not have a problem with someone who does not conform , once they produce, I will never agree with the current status quo of what an F1 driver should be , creating Borgs who drive cars , let them be and may the best win
Old 05-15-2007, 11:42 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geo
Yeah, I agree about laughing at FA about whining about the incident. I'd probably be smart-@$$ enough to say, well, there is a driver's education event coming up that might suit you....

Geez, I expected closer racing in karts and that was just for fun, not millions of dollars a year.

I think Alesi was quite a talent. But, I think he got into the wrong cars at the wrong time. AND I don't think he had the talent of a Schumacher or perhaps Alonso (not to mention Prost and Senna) to lift a team to championship caliber. Sad because I always rooted for him and loved to see him drive.
Geo,
In hind sight you can make that argument and win , but If you where to compare MS first 2 years to alesi first 2 yrs Jean had a bigger impact ,it was because of this impact ferrari was willing to make him the highest paid rookie ever at the time ...

Alesi move on prost at Monaco in the tyrell was pure talent , he was a very talented, driver , of course with no brain , perfect for F1 today ...
Old 05-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Geo
Race Director

Alesi wasn't a rookie at Ferrari. He sure did make an impact though. I'm sure Senna thought "who the hell is this guy?" when Alesi passed him and held him off for a while in Phoenix.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
We need less whine and more hate & partying!
(at least there are some things even you can't blame Kimi for, he doesn't whine and sure can party!)
You got the king of partyers (partiers?)there. Ole James could do it up right. The last of the playboy drivers. Won himself a WC because he had ***** of steel too; in a downpour that had other drivers quitting right & left.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geo
Alesi wasn't a rookie at Ferrari. He sure did make an impact though. I'm sure Senna thought "who the hell is this guy?" when Alesi passed him and held him off for a while in Phoenix.
Geo,
I said he was a rookie at tyrell , ferrari poached him away from williams as Alesi was slated to drive the 91,92,93 williams , History would have been different if he had not gone for the Ferrari money and stayed at williams , quite possibly a 1or 2 WC...
Prost was instrumental in getting him to Ferrari , along with the big paycheck....
Old 05-15-2007, 12:39 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
You got the king of partyers (partiers?)there. Ole James could do it up right. The last of the playboy drivers. Won himself a WC because he had ***** of steel too; in a downpour that had other drivers quitting right & left.
LOL larry ,
What about lauda missing 3-4 races and losing the WC to Hunt by a couple points , that was the year Lauda should have been WC , Hunt won on lauda's De-merit., WC none theless , but Lauda was the driver of that era...
Agree Hunt was without a doubt WC party Guy , Could,nt understand his hatred for Mario Andretti, he seems to hate mario for some reason ..he always commented Negatively about him and Michael right up to his death ....
Old 05-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No question about Lauda being the talent of that era, but that was the year of his big crash and he wisely bagged it on a horrible day in Japan, knowing his time would come again. BTW he was fast friends with "Hunt the Shunt".
Old 05-15-2007, 12:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

No question about Lauda being the talent of that era, but that was the year of his big crash and he wisely bagged it on a horrible day in Japan, knowing his time would come again. BTW he was fast friends with "Hunt the Shunt".
Yep,
Any insight as to why Hunt hated Andretti so much .....
Old 05-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 05-15-2007, 10:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,262 Likes on 1,926 Posts

Finn,
I know you want Kimi to run lighter, but both he and Alonso were heavy and their stratigies might have worked if Alonso didn't put it in the dirt and Kimi suffered the mechanical problem.

Ferrari knows this. They saw it in the previous races, there is a reason they're starting Kimi heavier than Massa. I agree, I'd like to see Kimi run a light load, but not for this race coming up.

Monaco should be interesting as a light load will get you a good quali position, but may have you stuck behind midpack runners after your 1st pit stop.

I can see BMW doing well in Monaco as they don't have the outright pace of the Ferrari and McLaren, but have been running extremely heavy and long which could put them on the podium.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:33 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
They're not disappointed (yet).

They understand the difficulties he is having with the car & tyres that understeers and he prefers otherwise.

Also, for example in Spain, he was ~0.3 sec. slower than Massa in quali with heavier car so there he did have the speed (I can't understand the tactic of going so heavy though since the start means so much nowadays).

Give him until the mid season and he'll be fine.

Besides, Massa was giving Schumi a hell of a run for his money at the latter part of the last season so it's not like he's a slouch either. If he was able to challenge and was faster than MS & has 1 season worth of experience in Ferrari, isn't it normal he has an advantage?

BTW, I love to listen many "F1 experts" (not you Geo) who were comparing Kimi to Fangio etc. after Australia and now they're saying he's not good.

BTW 2, did you hear comments from "F1 Big Shoes" regarding Alonso's whine against Massa re: 1st turn? Below are couple of quates.

Keke Rosberg: "it wasn't an insident, this is a car race. If there was not these kind of things, it would not be a race. If Alonso is crying, he is in the wrong place to fight for the Championship.

Kubica (he was close when it happened): "Massa did what he should"

Patric Head: "There's no reason to blame Massa".

If Hamilton keeps up what he's been doing so far, I can se a looooot more whine coming from Alonso's direction.
Sorry, the few times that Massa was faster than MS you can count on one hand with not all four fingers attached and he was way off on race pace too and it had nothing to do with politics, telemetry does not lie.

KR, Alonso or Massa are no Stewart, Lauda, Prost , Senna or MS , not even close.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:13 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
Sorry, the few times that Massa was faster than MS you can count on one hand with not all four fingers attached and he was way off on race pace too and it had nothing to do with politics, telemetry does not lie.

KR, Alonso or Massa are no Stewart, Lauda, Prost , Senna or MS , not even close.
Yeah ! would have to agree with that last statement pole, as would most here!

But ! come now ! Scummie was so much faster than Massa right up until Ferrari decided to release him, then Boom! baba boomm ,
Then Massa was suddenly faster , reliable , winning races , wow , what a transformation!

Rumor has it , That Massa was driving Scummies car in the last 3 races with all the trick stuff and the 3 extra switches , and scummie was driving his , with the exception of Brasil , where ferrari decided to let scummie drive the car he usually gives to barrichello.......
Old 05-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Yeah ! would have to agree with that last statement pole, as would most here!

But ! come now ! Scummie was so much faster than Massa right up until Ferrari decided to release him, then Boom! baba boomm ,
Then Massa was suddenly faster , reliable , winning races , wow , what a transformation!

Rumor has it , That Massa was driving Scummies car in the last 3 races with all the trick stuff and the 3 extra switches , and scummie was driving his , with the exception of Brasil , where ferrari decided to let scummie drive the car he usually gives to barrichello.......
+1
Old 05-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Geo
Race Director

Ferrari is always about politics and so was Scummie. They were a perfect match.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors