Sponsored by:

Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

alonsoisdoingwell?Ifweare"kickingasseshere"isn'tHamilton"kicking"Aslonso 's ***?Byyourdefinitionheis.IpersonallythinkonceKimiandAlonsogetbetterusedt othebridgestonesKimiwillkickMassaandAlonsowillkickHamilton'sass.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
In addition to Nick Heidfeld, Couthard was EN FUEGO yesterday. He was passing people like they were standing still. Too bad his car let him down.

I think Hamilton's the real deal, but the kissing up is getting nausiating.

Kimi NEEDS to run lighter to have a chance at the win. Has anyone else noticed that the Ferrari's in particular do not like dirty air? The washing out while Kimi was behind Fernando and the inability of Massa to get by Hamilton on a lighter load and with a faster car (as per qualifying 1 vs. 4) AND the fact that the BMW had no problem behind the McLaren coupled with the Ferrari's building of significant gaps when running alone are indicative of this.

With a month off, there will be a lot of changes on the aero packages to all cars and we'll see who then has the upper hand because after the 1st race, it was clear Ferrari was in a class by themselves, but McLaren is just as good and probably better in the faster corners than Ferrari after the 1st three races.
+1

I don't have a problem with Hamilton himself, he obviously so far has been a good driver but the constant *** kissing really is getting annoying...

Kimi should be a little lighter although in Bahrain he has Fisi & then Rosberg to
slow him down in quali so we don't know how much he lost due to that traffic.
But still, it seems running few laps longer don't really help, key thing is to get ahead.
Kimi told this years car seems to suffer more of dirty air and it was pretty evident when he was behind Alonso.

It will be interesting how much and who improves. I hope Williams won't fall back and hopefully Renault's brainstorming/crisis meetings have good results.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Renault has no drivers nor test driver , they will flounder for the rest of the year, i expect williams to step up , but mcClaren and Ferrari is the class of the field with ferrari having the best car. Spain will be very interesting, the winner in Spain will set the tone for part 2 ........
As for Renault !

1. Renault with Alonso - w/c
2. renault without Alonso - dirt
3. Big mc BA- dirt
4. BIg Mac with Alonso - w/c contenders

Is this a coincident or is alonso's contribution missed at renault or is alonso as lucky as scumacher
If as lucky as scumacher then he better get the same contract, as he will need it for hamilton.

Wow this vodka is cold , i'm sure the finn would'nt notice !
nahhh, he ain't going to win it anyway
Old 04-16-2007, 11:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

This is a video worth watching!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...761914513537949

Good show ,
when real men drove in F1 , yes sir, get rid of the push button trans and let them shift the bitch i say . WOW that was great.

Senna, simply amazing , Scumacher carrying his own battery cart ! Ha, the way it was .....

Ahhhh, Hakinen giving scummie a driving lesson , LOL,
Finn i have to have a taste , that pass brought back alot of memories , whoop dee do
Old 04-17-2007, 08:29 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

As the dust settles on what could be one of the best season in years, the jury is still out as to whom will get the nod as the primary driver in the F camp. If Massa can stay stable mentally, he may be the leader as he has shown incredible speed at times. I hope the ferver over Hamilton will die down a bit becuase I'm sure he will be around for a long time and will amass many titles in his career. He may even break some of MS's records!

Why is Massa's camera red? Isn't that used for the primary driver?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:31 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
As the dust settles on what could be one of the best season in years, the jury is still out as to whom will get the nod as the primary driver in the F camp. If Massa can stay stable mentally, he may be the leader as he has shown incredible speed at times. I hope the ferver over Hamilton will die down a bit becuase I'm sure he will be around for a long time and will amass many titles in his career. He may even break some of MS's records!

Why is Massa's camera red? Isn't that used for the primary driver?
Massa is suppose to be the primary driver. Yes the championship is currently wide open.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:15 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

That's weird because I thought part of the reason for MS leaving was to allow Kimi to be primary?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:22 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
That's weird because I thought part of the reason for MS leaving was to allow Kimi to be primary?
MS, wanted to stay , but the ferrari Heads wanted MS to move on , the monaco incident proved to be the tipping point.. So KImi moved as planned , Massa 's work with ferrari last year helped him get an edge over Kimi , plus he is Italian , although via Brazil...... Ferrari , does not have a designated no1 , but Massa seems to be in their favor ..... but Kimi leads the points ......
Old 04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,369 Likes on 1,996 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
MS, wanted to stay , but the ferrari Heads wanted MS to move on , the monaco incident proved to be the tipping point.. So KImi moved as planned , Massa 's work with ferrari last year helped him get an edge over Kimi , plus he is Italian , although via Brazil...... Ferrari , does not have a designated no1 , but Massa seems to be in their favor ..... but Kimi leads the points ......
It doesn't hurt that Massa is managed by Todt's son.

Mitch, I wouldn't worry about the color of the camera. They are on equal footing (Kimi and Massa). In fact Kimi has Schumacher's former race engineer, Dyer. I think he's paid off on being along side Kimi as it appears Kimi is not driving the car into the ground as he did at McLaren. He seems to be "Managing" the car for the situation (Malaysia) and scoring vital points. He's showing maturity as a driver.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Aye Wayne, how's Alonso looking now?

It looks to me like Hamilton has his number.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:15 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
Aye Wayne, how's Alonso looking now?

It looks to me like Hamilton has his number.

Not sure what you are basing that on , Alonso Q3 second and if not for a sudden rush of **** to the brain at the start, He would have finished Second exactly as predicted for this race ...with Lewis third ...that gravity thing again ...

You should understand my stance on Alonso , it is for those who want to berate the man after winning 2 WC and beating their King Scummacher , according to them scummacher is the greatest , but Alonso is Diddily Squat even after beating Scummie twice , Straight !...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 05-14-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

I was watching the race and after couple of lap again was thinking "nah, top four positions are done". And that's what happened (ok, Kimi's electric failure drop him out but still).

I think the top 4 guys' races are starting to look pretty boring. It's the first turn and then after that, they just dirve in a "train" formation with 0 challenge between them.

I think those four are taking things to safely and not risking anything, just going after the points & not the victory. Hamilton, Alonso & Kimi all commented that they just settled to their position after the first lap or two. Is it the point system (finishing 2nd gives you only 2 points less than finishing 1st and 3rd gives you only 4 less than what the winner gets) or is it just "impossible" to pass?

Midpack guys pass so I don't think it should be totally impossible so IMO these four just take it too safe and don't want to risk anything because "at least I finished and got points" principle. Where is Gilles vs. Arnoux battles? Or just couple years back i.e. when Kimi & Juan Pablo drove side by side like half a lap? Or Kimi passing Fisichella, or Alonso passing Schumi? Or holding back Schumi while he was trying really hard lap after lap?

Disappointed to see absolutely 0 battles from the top 4 on Sundays.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

+1
Hope the entire season doesn't come down to how well the top two rows get through turn 1
Old 05-14-2007, 10:28 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I was watching the race and after couple of lap again was thinking "nah, top four positions are done". And that's what happened (ok, Kimi's electric failure drop him out but still).

I think the top 4 guys' races are starting to look pretty boring. It's the first turn and then after that, they just dirve in a "train" formation with 0 challenge between them.

I think those four are taking things to safely and not risking anything, just going after the points & not the victory. Hamilton, Alonso & Kimi all commented that they just settled to their position after the first lap or two. Is it the point system (finishing 2nd gives you only 2 points less than finishing 1st and 3rd gives you only 4 less than what the winner gets) or is it just "impossible" to pass?

Midpack guys pass so I don't think it should be totally impossible so IMO these four just take it too safe and don't want to risk anything because "at least I finished and got points" principle. Where is Gilles vs. Arnoux battles? Or just couple years back i.e. when Kimi & Juan Pablo drove side by side like half a lap? Or Kimi passing Fisichella, or Alonso passing Schumi? Or holding back Schumi while he was trying really hard lap after lap?

Disappointed to see absolutely 0 battles from the top 4 on Sundays.
Easy fix = pick the qualifying order out of a hat on Sunday morning.

AND - just like in Top Gun, no points for second place.

Really mess with the teams by awarding points for 4th - 12th place, nothing for 2nd or 3rd.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

I think point system should be little more awarding to the winner. For example:
1. 14
2. 10
3. 7
4. 5
5. 4
6. 3
7. 2
8. 1

Also, when Hakkinen was driving, I remember Keke would always say drivers have to battle hard for the victory & basically for each position until there's 4 races left, then you start playing safe, not before. Now they're playing safe from the beginning of the season and that's not good (for the spectators).

Last couple of years, people were complaining Kimi was driving too hard, not trying to protect the equipment and not settling for the second etc. I don't know about everyone else but I miss that kind of attitude.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors