Sponsored by:

F1 Ferrari accused of cheating

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:13 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
A good salesman goes after the biggest sale - for the past 7 years that has been MS & Ferrari is still the #1 draw.

Ever been to an F1 race? What is the most popular color on the fans? Even Porsche owners show up with Ferrari hats on.
i am pretty sure I have been to more F1 races than you but i don't see that as a great accomplishment. But maybe you can answer this without google etc, under what circumstances was the 1970 champion crowned and what happend to one of his best friends ( you insert name) earlier in the season ?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:27 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,169 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
i am pretty sure I have been to more F1 races than you
By years on this planet, winning by default ?
Friend of mine has been to more F1 races than most people not counting people on the teams. He probably doesn't know who one the last race of last season. So, guess that means......
But maybe you can answer this without google etc,
doubt it since I look up everything to avoid posting false information.
under what circumstances was the 1970 champion crowned and what happend to one of his best friends ( you insert name) earlier in the season ?
Don't know - I didn't start to follow F1 until after Champ Car fell apart. I also haven't spent much time studying the past years.
If / when Champ car is back on it's feet I'll stop paying so much attention to F1. Hell, I'm more excited to watch JP in NASCAR this year than the upcoming Kimi / Ferrari parade.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:32 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am pretty sure I have been to more F1 races than you but i don't see that as a great accomplishment. But maybe you can answer this without google etc, under what circumstances was the 1970 champion crowned and what happend to one of his best friends ( you insert name) earlier in the season ?
I have a better one for you , date and place of your last F1 race , can you remember ?

You tube the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix ! what a champion

Barrichelo , Barrichelo , move over the greatest need's to pass !
Attached Images  

Last edited by A.Wayne; 03-22-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:56 AM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
I have a better one for you , date and place of your last F1 race , can you remember ?

and I was into pointless semantics?

Good lord,
Old 03-22-2007, 01:57 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
What year did Bernie take control? I seam to recall 1997 is when he negotiated the Contord agreement & gained ultimate pull with the FIA and F1........When did Ferrari start to win?

Who was it that said "F1 is nothing without Ferrari"

I seam to recall Bernie saying that, later backed up by Max.

Interesting isn't it?

Let's recap:
1997 - JV screwed things up for Michael - look what happened to him
1998 - Damn Mika
1999 - Broken legs are such a bitch to control
What happened after that?

maybe bernie just has a hard on for Michael - where is that picture with Bernie holding Michael's ***** on the pit wall?
Let me add -- Beryllium banned from F1 engines as of the end of the '00 season, with only two engine manufacturers using that alloy, one being Mercedes. McLaren's performance went from being competitive with Ferrari (I will never forget Mika's pass on Schumi at Spa in '00) to Ferrari scoring 179 points vis a vis McLaren's 102 in '01.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:03 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by A.Wayne

Wayne's world does not know the answer to my quiz? Let me up it a little bit in case you googled the answer because this on you will not be able to google: add that to the question I presented HP with, what happened to his other best friend the following year ?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:07 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fuenfer
Let me add -- Beryllium banned from F1 engines as of the end of the '00 season, with only two engine manufacturers using that alloy, one being Mercedes. McLaren's performance went from being competitive with Ferrari (I will never forget Mika's pass on Schumi at Spa in '00) to Ferrari scoring 179 points vis a vis McLaren's 102 in '01.
I let you figure out what really set McLarens engine development back, way further than exotic metals.

Hint : plane crash
Old 03-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Nano
Racer

Blaming berylium ban for Mclaren incompetence from 00 to last year .

Beryllium was such a definitive advantage the other team using it sucked like there was no tomorrow. Beryllium ban must have been the reason why Mika was crying after driving himself into a wall. 2000 Beryllium ban was also the reason why the 1998 mclaren was faster than the 1999 car.

this is all old crap, what a waste of time

Flash news: Expect uranium alloys to be banned as soon as they are introduced

Last edited by Nano; 03-22-2007 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:19 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Nano
Glad you could join us, thank you again for playing. Don't forget to pick out your parting gift as you leave.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Talk money then. Bernie has always given Ferrari more of the proceeds than McLaren or Williams, etc. Why? Because he feels (his words) they are the jewel of the teams.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fuenfer

Great point , Mika's pass on Scummie was all about schooling, I have always said that Mika was the better racer.

and he has never been booed on an F1 podium, or blocked the field from QUALY.
In 2 yrs michael will be a distant memory , 7 w/c and the guy still can't top the best of all time list , PHATETIC
Old 03-22-2007, 12:40 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Wayne's world does not know the answer to my quiz? Let me up it a little bit in case you googled the answer because this on you will not be able to google: add that to the question I presented HP with, what happened to his other best friend the following year ?
Pole i'm deeper than that , you asked hp the question , now you pretend it was intended for me , my knowledge on the sport goes away back, but since you have a book infront of you and trying to look smart ,
what team was nicked name the steaming teapot , or the flying kettle, you might be awhile as you will not be able to google that one , you really have to have the books and actually read them .

we will now see if Pole position represents your screen name or your disposition

Last edited by A.Wayne; 03-22-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:48 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I let you figure out what really set McLarens engine development back, way further than exotic metals.

Hint : plane crash
Yes and no Ilmor had more depth than that, but appreciate the input, finally adding something ...
Old 03-22-2007, 12:53 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nano
Blaming berylium ban for Mclaren incompetence from 00 to last year .

Beryllium ban must have been the reason why Mika was crying after driving himself into a wall.

Mika was crying because after hitting the wall the sub belt crunched his *****
which in case you have not noticed F1 drivers wear their helmets to the car along with what appears to be a spare in a helmet sack , IT IS NOT A SPARE HELMET, it is their nut sack , YOU WOULD CRY IF YOU CRUNCHED YOUR ***** THE SAME WAY...
Old 03-22-2007, 01:33 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

This thread feels like a NASCAR forum where the die hards are trying to convince themselves it's 100% coincidence everytime the Lowe's car wins the Lowe's 500, or the Klien Tools car wins the Klein Tool 400 etc....... Most of the time due to a "debris caution flag" to bring said car back up to the front.

Racing is a business - whatever will bring in the most money is what those who hold the strings are going to do. In F1 that means Ferrari. Simple concept. Bernie loves Ferrari and he controls all of the strings. Now Bernie is just a bit smarter than the France family, trying to pull bogus cautions to stack up a race isn't on the F1 agenda.

Next you guys are going to tell me the rules at LeMans were never changed to favor a French team.

Quick Reply: F1 Ferrari accused of cheating