F1 Ferrari accused of cheating

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Geo
...You want to talk about greats? Look at their teammates and the number of WC won by their teammates. Scummie, while a great driver (no question), doesn't even place in that contest...
Big +1. Also good measure is whether a driver wins WDC with Championship winning car or not, out of 7 Schumi managed to do it only once and when you look at his team mates, that speaks even more strongly.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
This has become very childish very quicklly. I don't care who did what in 1970 or who died in the plane crash, but you, A. Wayne, appear to be one of those types of people who have an opinion on everything and only you are right. You know what they say, opinions are like Aholes and I suppose that is what the A. in your name represents.

I also find you quite hypocritical as your favorite sons such as Senna and Montoya have no problem being bulls in a china shop to the point where they even hit their own teammates to move them aside and Senna went on record as to his intentions to hit his opponents while on track. But when a certain Schumacher does this, you find it unacceptable.

You also brush it aside and say "That's racing". Well if that is true, then Schumacher's tactics on track should be in line with your views. No other driver was more ruthless on track to the point where their teammate was another piece of the puzzle to help him win. Off track he built an underacheiving Ferrari into a dynasty. Before that he won two titles with a mediocre Benetton team.

You can have your opinion on whom is the greatest of all time, however, your comment that a 7 time Champion is not even in the discussion on greatest of all time is simply myopic. I'm afraid you look very foolish and become more so with every subsequent post.
Childish or not, you're the first one who calls someone an ******* and that's not cool.

I've argued with Wayne many many times (and some times we even have agreed!) but never it has crossed my mind to call him an *******.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Childish or not, you're the first one who calls someone an ******* and that's not cool.

I've argued with Wayne many many times (and some times we even have agreed!) but never it has crossed my mind to call him an *******.
Thank you.

I started to respond to that post a few times and had to delete each time because I was just too ticked off. You answered with my thoughts in a much better fashion than I would have.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:19 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Big +1. Also good measure is whether a driver wins WDC with Championship winning car or not, out of 7 Schumi managed to do it only once and when you look at his team mates, that speaks even more strongly.
You got to be kidding, the WDC is almost exclusivly won by the best car, why do you think Fangio jumped from car to car or better, his teammates had to give up their ride for him to finish...........duds like JV win only races, not talking WDC's here, with the best car, once that advantage is gone he was done , period. The ride MS had in 96 was **** and he still manged to win some races, same with Senna or Prost and Senna did not go back to Williams for $$ , he went to get a competitive ride and Ron Dennis was not able to retain him.

Now to your "teammate" question, which great teammates did Stewart, Lauda (prime not McLaren) Piquet or Alan Jones or Fitipaldi have so they could finish it out to the death ? That Senna /Prost rivalry is so lame, one guy drives the other one off delibertly while getting prefered treatment from Honda LOL, equal terms my *** plus Prost had nothing , I mean nothing good to say about Senna before Senna's demise.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:25 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pole position
I don't know the tea pot story, maybe I do if I hear it repeated to me. But I was not concerned with Graham Hill, Rindt's two best friends were Piers Courage and Jackie Stewart, the first one burned to death earlier in the 1970 season and Stewart became WDC x2 in 1971.
It was in reference to F1's first turbo car , by Renault ........
Old 03-23-2007, 01:34 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moving Chicane
This has become very childish very quicklly. I don't care who did what in 1970 or who died in the plane crash, but you, A. Wayne, appear to be one of those types of people who have an opinion on everything and only you are right. You know what they say, opinions are like Aholes and I suppose that is what the A. in your name represents.

I also find you quite hypocritical as your favorite sons such as Senna and Montoya have no problem being bulls in a china shop to the point where they even hit their own teammates to move them aside and Senna went on record as to his intentions to hit his opponents while on track. But when a certain Schumacher does this, you find it unacceptable.

You also brush it aside and say "That's racing". Well if that is true, then Schumacher's tactics on track should be in line with your views. No other driver was more ruthless on track to the point where their teammate was another piece of the puzzle to help him win. Off track he built an underacheiving Ferrari into a dynasty. Before that he won two titles with a mediocre Benetton team.

You can have your opinion on whom is the greatest of all time, however, your comment that a 7 time Champion is not even in the discussion on greatest of all time is simply myopic. I'm afraid you look very foolish and become more so with every subsequent post.

Err, Hmmm, i think you have the wrong forum , We are discussing F1 racing here , Your limited technical input has been noted , I did not ask the 1970 question, just provided an answer, if it buggers you , then move on, but you seem more interested in me and you are not really my type

so bugger off

Last edited by A.Wayne; 03-23-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:36 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GO_ANALOG
My sentiments exactly!!!

Okay boys... Where do you go from here

I leave for a day, two pages on this post then I think? Now six. Wow... So much passion...

To F1

Sort of reminds me of a little Monty Python scetch called the "The Argument Clinic"

The Cast (in order of appearance.)
M= Man looking for an argument
R= Receptionist
Q= Abuser
A= Arguer (John Cleese)
C= Complainer (Eric Idle)
H= Head Hitter

M: Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.
R: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?
M: No, I haven't, this is my first time.
R: I see. Well, do you want to have just one argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?
M: Well, what is the cost?
R: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.
M: Well, I think it would be best if I perhaps started off with just the one and then see how it goes.
R: Fine. Well, I'll see who's free at the moment.
Pause
R: Mr. DeBakey's free, but he's a little bit conciliatory.
Ahh yes, Try Mr. Barnard; room 12.
M: Thank you.

(Walks down the hall. Opens door.)

Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT?
M: Well, I was told outside that...
Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!
M: What?
Q: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!
M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!
Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.
M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.
Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.
M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.
Q: Not at all.
M: Thank You.
(Under his breath) Stupid git!!

(Walk down the corridor)
M: (Knock)
A: Come in.
M: Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?
A: I told you once.
M: No you haven't.
A: Yes I have.
M: When?
A: Just now.
M: No you didn't.
A: Yes I did.
M: You didn't
A: I did!
M: You didn't!
A: I'm telling you I did!
M: You did not!!
A: Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?
M: Oh, just the five minutes.
A: Ah, thank you. Anyway, I did.
M: You most certainly did not.
A: Look, let's get this thing clear; I quite definitely told you.
M: No you did not.
M: You didn't.
A: Did.
M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.
A: Yes it is.
M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.
A: No it isn't.
M: It is!
A: It is not.
M: Look, you just contradicted me.
A: I did not.
M: Oh you did!!
A: No, no, no.
M: You did just then.
A: Nonsense!
M: Oh, this is futile!
M: I came here for a good argument.
A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
A: It can be.
M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
A: Yes it is!
M: No it isn't!

A: Yes it is!
M: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
(short pause)
M: It is.
A: Not at all.
M: Now look.
A: (Rings bell) Good Morning.
M: What?
A: That's it. Good morning.
M: I was just getting interested.
A: Sorry, the five minutes is up.
M: That was never five minutes!
A: I'm afraid it was.
M: It wasn't.
Pause
A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue anymore.
M: What?!
A: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.
M: Yes, but that was never five minutes, just now. Oh come on!
A: (Hums)
M: Look, this is ridiculous.
A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!
M: Oh, all right.
(pays money)
A: Thank you.
short pause
M: Well?
A: Well what?
M: That wasn't really five minutes, just now.
A: I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid.
M: I just paid!
A: No you didn't.
M: I DID!
A: No you didn't.
M: Look, I don't want to argue about that.
A: Well, you didn't pay.
M: Aha. If I didn't pay, why are you arguing? I Got you!
A: No you haven't.
M: Yes I have. If you're arguing, I must have paid.
A: Not necessarily. I could be arguing in my spare time.
M: Oh I've had enough of this.
A: No you haven't.
M: Oh Shut up.

(Walks down the stairs. Opens door.)

M: I want to complain.
C: You want to complain! Look at these shoes. I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through.
M: No, I want to complain about...
C: If you complain nothing happens, you might as well not bother.
M: Oh!
C: Oh my back hurts, it's not a very fine day and I'm sick and tired of this office.

(Slams door. walks down corridor, opens next door.)

M: Hello, I want to... Ooooh!
H: No, no, no. Hold your head like this, then go Waaah. Try it again.
M: uuuwwhh!!
H: Better, Better, but Waah, Waah! Put your hand there.
M: No.
H: Now..
M: Waaaaah!!!
H: Good, Good! That's it.
M: Stop hitting me!!
H: What?
M: Stop hitting me!!
H: Stop hitting you?
M: Yes!
H: Why did you come in here then?
M: I wanted to complain.
H: Oh no, that's next door. It's being-hit-on-the-head lessons in here.
M: What a stupid concept.

My god Dykes do come in Pairs
Old 03-23-2007, 01:42 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

You got to be kidding, the WDC is almost exclusivly won by the best car, why do you think Fangio jumped from car to car or better, his teammates had to give up their ride for him to finish...........duds like JV win only races, not talking WDC's here, with the best car, once that advantage is gone he was done , period. The ride MS had in 96 was **** and he still manged to win some races, same with Senna or Prost and Senna did not go back to Williams for $$ , he went to get a competitive ride and Ron Dennis was not able to retain him.

Now to your "teammate" question, which great teammates did Stewart, Lauda (prime not McLaren) Piquet or Alan Jones or Fitipaldi have so they could finish it out to the death ? That Senna /Prost rivalry is so lame, one guy drives the other one off delibertly while getting prefered treatment from Honda LOL, equal terms my *** plus Prost had nothing , I mean nothing good to say about Senna before Senna's demise.
There have been many occasions , where the best car has not won the championship. i also like how you have diminished the senna prost era down to one incident , prost teammates did not think much of him either , this group hug thing in F1 is a recent phenom

Ask mario to hug A.J.

This attitude of attacking me instead of the content is lame , you quickly dismiss facts as propaganda , without providing anything to substantiate your position , there are others here who like to argue that way also , IGNORANCE BY VOLUME.

Piquet had mansel , mansel had rosberg , rosberg had prost , lauda had prost ,
pironihad villenueve, i could continue this all night , also that dud JV did beat schumacher , also the dud D. Hill, which brings me to my next point .
A Driver is not only remembered by who he has beaten , but by also who has beaten him , in your words they where duds, Duds beat the great MS. So please people come back with facts and cut the personal crap

Last edited by A.Wayne; 03-23-2007 at 02:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:45 AM
GO_ANALOG
Intermediate

Default Appology!

Agreed... It was not my intent to reinforce the ******* statement, not cool...

A. Wayne, Big Appologies I had the Dyke thing coming...
Old 03-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Regardless of how you cut it , this is no longer the same sport anymore , if Massa and kimi race each other like how mansel and Piquet used to , or prost senna , mansel ,de angelis , mansel , prost for eg. there will be no whining from me and i would be happy like nanosecond with a thought in a deep bucket
That era is over, it's not the sport that has changed, it's that era that was singular... And I'm not sure it's fair to compare Piquet, Senna, Lauda, Mansell, Prost to Kimi and Massa.

As for team orders. There always will, and there have always been (few rare cases, and they didn't prove to work that well). Team orders are far more productive than no-team-order. Team orders will stop the day teams are allowedto field 1 car/1 driver. The fact there is a constructor and driver championship implies that the interests of the team is not always compatible with the interests of the TWO drivers, it gets worse when the team is running after the driver's championship.... Given the right circumstance, team orders occur.. Life story of F1. Instead of seeing it like a shameful act, look at it like an inevitable strategic move.

This year is a good vintage for team orders. 5 dominant teams, perfect conditions. Teams that looks most promissing: MCLAREN. Followed by Renault. Ferrari actually has good potential for putting up a good show.

Last edited by Nano; 03-23-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:22 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Jesus, I think I read this thread 2 weeks ago wondering of JPM will do good in Mexico.

The following threads were just as amusing when he won.

I love F1, but the simiarities are so great when discussing NASCAR.

Try starting a Hendrick vs JD Gibbs thread at a NASCAR forum.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Geo
Race Director

It was in reference to F1's first turbo car , by Renault ........
First turbo F1 car of the modern era I do believe.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Geo
Race Director

Piquet had mansel , mansel had rosberg , rosberg had prost , lauda had prost , pironihad villenueve, i could continue this all night , also that dud JV did beat schumacher , also the dud D. Hill, which brings me to my next point.
Amen. Prost's list of teammates is pretty impressive. Senna's is almost as impressive.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:18 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geo
First turbo F1 car of the modern era I do believe.
I not aware of any other F1 turbo car Geo, supercharged Yes , but not turbo in F1 ...

Nano.

why should we not compare eras the 80's where unique in the quality of the show, talent wise, they had at least 5 or 6 W/C racing at the same time , competing for wins and championships for prost to pull of 41 victories against such competition is more astonishing in my eyes than M.S tallies, plus they where driving cars where they had to shift , save the tranny , save the tires conserve fuel , deal with turbo lag and then 1000 bhp , then NA motors, then electronics etc. a lot of diversity . the only constant from then to now is that Ferrari is still given thumbsup by the governing body , the facts are there if you want to see it .

1. It was ferrari that got Turbos banned.

2. Ferrari was instrumental in getting active suspension banned

3. Ferrari along with M.S was caught using illegal T/C in 94 , schumacher suffered from it they did not ( scummie penality was lessened ,because of ferrari involvement .

4. M.S was caught with launch control, being operational in 95. at the press conference he stated if benetton was cheating he would leave the team , after w/c/ no 2 ( no. 1 was shunted away from hill ) he left for ferrari . This controversy started after scummie comments that his fantastic launchs was from launch control . which was illegal , bennetton and himself tried to talk their way out of it , but the year before Senna had lodged a complaint with williams ,that he had suspected the benetton with some kind of T/C system and wanted them investigated , this action did not happen due to his death and the turmoil that followed after . later T/C was found active on the benetton along with an illegally modified fuel rig allowing refueling to be 2-3 seconds quicker than anyone else.

5. Credit is given to Scummie for reviving ferrari and to this most is true , but not all, Gerhard berger was the one instrumental in getting ferrari Competitive, for when Schumacher finally arrived at ferrari it was a team ready for a renassiance. berger was the one who went to japan and got Honda Guru Goto , to help with the ferrari engine , which was a complete disaster , yes a Honda man made ferrari engines goes for the first few years M.S was at ferrari berger was instrumental in reshaping that team , when todt left peugot rally team to join ferrari it was with berger they formed what has become this powerhouse. when schumacher arrived he brought the other half of the puzzle and the rest is history. Berger left ferrari , because of schumachers contract , both him and ferrari wanted dearly for him to stay , but Berger , groomed in the previous era would not take the now " infamous"contract, alesi was fired to make way for scummie , understandable !
and yes Scummie did ave Irvine banned from testing at fiorano for one year, after he out qualy him in their first race together in australia. ( Irvine was thought to be faster than scummie when he originally joined the team, leading to the famous bet for thousands between Eddie Jordan and briatore on the qualy results , Jordan won the first round in australia )

Everything i have said here is documented facts , if you do not know the sport or you are recent to it , do the research ! or i can provide documentation details for the research , responding with " nonsense" etc, etc, without proper rebuttal will only establish ignorance .

analog - apology accepted
Old 03-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

You got to be kidding, the WDC is almost exclusivly won by the best car, why do you think Fangio jumped from car to car or better, his teammates had to give up their ride for him to finish...........duds like JV win only races, not talking WDC's here, with the best car, once that advantage is gone he was done , period. The ride MS had in 96 was **** and he still manged to win some races, same with Senna or Prost and Senna did not go back to Williams for $$ , he went to get a competitive ride and Ron Dennis was not able to retain him...
I'm not kidding. Of course usually it is won with WC car but when you win it without, it shows even more talent. I can't remember them all, but here's few on top of my head (correct me if I forget someone):
Besides Schumi's one (out of 7), Hakkinen, Prost, Piquet (at least twice), Rosberg (Williams was 4th in that year!), Hunt etc. did it.
Then there's those who never won WDC but by watching them (for me, only on TV) and reading about them and comments by fellow drivers you can see how unbelievably talented they were, such names as Villeneuve (IMO the best ever) and Pironi are great examples of very talented drivers who never won WDC.

...Now to your "teammate" question, which great teammates did Stewart, Lauda (prime not McLaren) Piquet or Alan Jones or Fitipaldi have so they could finish it out to the death ? That Senna /Prost rivalry is so lame, one guy drives the other one off delibertly while getting prefered treatment from Honda LOL, equal terms my *** plus Prost had nothing , I mean nothing good to say about Senna before Senna's demise.
Lauda had Piquet (3 WDCs) and Prost (4 WDCs), Piquet had Mansel (WDC) , Mansel had Rosberg (WDC) , Rosberg had Prost (4 WDCs), Fittipaldi had Rosberg (WDC), Prost had Senna (3 WDCs), Senna had Prost (4 WDCs). So there's been lot of drivers with WDCs as their team mates. Schumi, never even someone who was a real talent except maybe J.J. but he was su beat up (from his neck injury) and got really bad treatment equipment wise from Benetton (as did all the other Schumi's team mates) that you can't really compare them.
Fangio and Schumi are similar in team mate treatment, Fangio really screwed his team mates (as you said, they had to switch cars etc.) and Schumi always had spare car set-up for him, got better parts, better car (in Benetton years, his car had a button in his steering wheel his team mate didn't (did I hear traction control?), had "team mate, mowe over-pass" etc. etc.

Quick Reply: F1 Ferrari accused of cheating