Sponsored by:

Putnam Park Recap And PSM/ABS Disconnection

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Anyone want to pick a fight so that I can tell my wife I MUST go to a Skippy school to protect my honor?
Ok Todd, I'm calling you out. Your father was a hampster and your mother smelled of elderberries. And you can't drive for squat, you snivelling little yellow belly. Let's race.

Done. Now we can both get to business. Um, how do you guys suggest Todd and I approach our respecdtive wives about signing up for the required, aforementioned Skip Barber school?

Colorchange: I simply cannot understand where you are coming from. What are you trying to prove? To me, it seems that you want to prove to us all that the "Colorchange Driving Method" (copyright, 2003 CC Racing Industries, LLC) is a far superior method of learning to drive. That like the guy who built the Coral Castle in Florida, you've somehow managed to defy the laws of physics, and have come up with a better method of doing things. In being so insistent that your method is far superior to the tried and true approaches that many here have taken, you come across as an arrogant, stubborn, and ignorant person who will not budge from his views. And then to call others low class because they are calling your bluff? That makes you sound like the bully who kicks and screams until everyone else leaves 'his' sandbox.

And your unrelenting banter is getting old borning and is frustrating many folks here, as evidenced by their responses to your nonsense.

Side note: If you don't know what the Coral Castle is, then Click Here. Note that ColorChange and Coral Castle both can be abbreviated CC. Here's a teaser about Coral Castle:
Originally Posted by From the Coral Castle website
Since it is documented that no one ever witnessed Ed's labor in building his rock gate park, some say he had supernatural powers. Ed would only say that he knew the secrets used to build the ancient pyramids and if he could learn them, you could too!
I wonder if CC has visited the CC and got his supernatural driving skills from those rocks...

-Z-man.

Disclaimer: Please note that when I 'challenged' Todd I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, though I wouldn't mind the wifey springing for Skippy school.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-man
Ok Todd, I'm calling you out. Your father was a hampster and your mother smelled of elderberries. And you can't drive for squat, you snivelling little yellow belly. Let's race.

Done. Now we can both get to business. Um, how do you guys suggest Todd and I approach our respecdtive wives about signing up for the required, aforementioned Skip Barber school?
Get in line buddy! I called Todd out first, and I called him a lawyer. Can't top that....
Old 10-09-2005, 07:55 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I give up. My third offer is off the table. My primary reason for challengin you Mike was that #1, I can't stand you and think that you are a low character individual, and #2, you called me slow.

Well, I have just gotten back from Road America where I put in sub 2:30 laps on street tires. I don't care what any of you say, any sub 2:30 time in a street legal car is NOT SLOW, so point #2 of abaove has been negated.

I will be posting a HD video of a lap later this week. And by the way, the car set-up was quite nice. Feel free to call me a coward when I challenged you in my car ... you said no. I challenged you in your car ... you said no. You challenged my in an open wheel open cockpit car on a less then "considered highly safe track" and I declined, even though the reasons for my declining were previously stated years ago. And you previously accepted months ago.

Let the name calling begin.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Dirt Track Racer
User

Didn't take but a single post.

Should I send you a box of kleenex to help with htose snivels CC?

SRFs aren't open wheel and are the safest race cars in use today with more than 2 million race miles and not a single death.

I think the problem is that you dont wear the pants in your house. He said you can pick the track and the car. And how do you reply? By saying the open wheel car isn't safe nor is the track he cited. LOL!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Man. I could have made a fortune on side bets that CC was going to chicken out - if I could have found anyone to cover them.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:18 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

WOW! Just got back from Sebring and this thread has grown!

Tim, I will say this as simply as possible. If you don't accept the challange of:
1- Neutral car of your choice
2- Track of your choice

then you are the coward. This proposal was as fair as it gets and anything less than complete acceptance means you never intended to proceed in the first place.

I remember something similar on this board about a year ago where someone called out someone else here and it ended when the the caller outer realized that there was no way he could win, he appologized and all was fine. Tim, maybe an appology is in order?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, this thread has been very entertaining, but the ending was as I expected. The way I see it, Mike has already won.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:34 AM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=ColorChange]OK, I give up. My third offer is off the table. My primary reason for challengin you Mike was that #1, I can't stand you and think that you are a low character individual, and #2, you called me slow.

Waaaaa, Waaaa, WAAAAAA !!!

Heeey CC, Looks like your MOUTH wrote a check that your A$$ is afraid to cover !!!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trumperZ06
Heeey CC, Looks like your MOUTH wrote a check that your A$$ is afraid to cover !!!
Now, now, now, trumper. His WIFE didn't let him cover! After all, she won't let him race - well, though I guess it wasn't actually going to be W:W. And it's way too dangerous to drive an open wheel car, even in non-W:W conditions - but then, SRFs aren't open wheel. And that track was way too dangerous - well, but then again CC could have picked any track he chose.

Oh, screw it.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:00 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim, just a couple of final comments before this gets filed away

#1, I can't stand you and think that you are a low character individual,
Speaking for myself, but I am guessing many on this board, Mike is among the most stand-up, generous, honest and respectable people I have ever met. The fact the you can't stand him and feel that he is of low character only reinforces my view of you.

#2, you called me slow.
You are. We have all called you slow...
Ponder the fact that perception is reality...
#2 of abaove has been negated.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...only sometimes I guess.

I will be posting a HD video of a lap later this week
What makes you think anyone wants to watch you puddle around a race track. There is nothing to learn from you, no excitement in watching you so no value to any of us...save the bandwidth and show it to someone who has never been on a track before...they are usually easily impressed and I'm sure they will give you all of the ego-inflating accolades that you seek.

OK, I give up
Finally! Just too bad you haven't learned anything from this.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:35 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JPhillips-998
Speaking for myself, but I am guessing many on this board, Mike is among the most stand-up, generous, honest and respectable people I have ever met. The fact the you can't stand him and feel that he is of low character only reinforces my view of you.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ColorChange
Well, I have just gotten back from Road America where I put in sub 2:30 laps on street tires.
To do that kind of time on street tires at Road America you must have really been moving on the straights. What kind of speeds did you see? 165? 170? Also, consider the fact that Road America has a couple of extremely dangerous corners, the Kink being the most obvious. Does your car even have a roll cage, or is it just a bar?

How on earth is that safer than running 125 mph in a Barber car or an SRF, both with race proven safety equipment, on a track that's no more dangerous than Road America. I'm having a hard time understanding how you decide what is safe and what isn't.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:12 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Jim:

You have always been decent so I will reply.

I agree that running RA in my car is not "safe" by my value system. It is also something I have wanted to do for about 3 years so I was willing to take the risk at least once. I was hitting top speeds of about 165 coming into 1. My car only has a bar so I was leaving quite a bit on the table is certain parts of the track, the kink being one of them where I only pulled 1.0 g.

I have no experience in open wheel and open cockpit cars so to try to push an unknown car on an unknown track is not “safe” IMO. While the cars do not have the same top speed, they have much higher cornering speeds and this is where errors are most likely to occur (at least for me). Sure, if I have a mechanical problem at 165 I'm in trouble, but this is not highly likely in a newer well maintained car. But if I make a mistake in a turn (like the carousel) in my car on street tires, we are going low 80’s versus high 90’s in a car with slicks. So you’re trading higher speeds in the corners where errors are likely for higher speeds in the straights where errors are unlikely. Again, I was not suggesting a less safe track like RA at all, and that is why I had clearly specified Gingerman or Putnam. That’s just my opinion.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:16 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Mitch:

In the past you have been decent also so I will respond to you.

I challenged Mike is his car, or my car preferably, on a very safe track, Putnam or Gingerman.

How is it that I am now not only obliged to accept an open wheel, open cockpit car on a much more dangerous track, but I’m a coward if I don’t. Please explain.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:21 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ColorChange
Jim:

You have always been decent so I will reply.

I agree that running RA in my car is not "safe" by my value system. It is also something I have wanted to do for about 3 years so I was willing to take the risk at least once. I was hitting top speeds of about 165 coming into 1. My car only has a bar so I was leaving quite a bit on the table is certain parts of the track, the kink being one of them where I only pulled 1.0 g.

I have no experience in open wheel and open cockpit cars so to try to push an unknown car on an unknown track is not “safe” IMO. While the cars do not have the same top speed, they have much higher cornering speeds and this is where errors are most likely to occur (at least for me). Sure, if I have a mechanical problem at 165 I'm in trouble, but this is not highly likely in a newer well maintained car. But if I make a mistake in a turn (like the carousel) in my car on street tires, we are going low 80’s versus high 90’s in a car with slicks. So you’re trading higher speeds in the corners where errors are likely for higher speeds in the straights where errors are unlikely. Again, I was not suggesting a less safe track like RA at all, and that is why I had clearly specified Gingerman or Putnam. That’s just my opinion.
Tim,

Surely you realize that a post like this is bound to provoke people, don't you?

In the first sentence, you admit that RA is not safe under your value system, but you were willing to do it because you want to, yet you call out Mike very forcefully and then proceed to refuse anything that allegedly doesn't fit your value system, which means that you don't really "want" the "challenge" to actually take place, or presumably you would make a similar exception to your value system.

A value system that you create exceptions for based on desire isn't really much of a value system, or at the very least can't be used as a reason why you cannot accept this or that challenge.

Also, you talk about being fast at RA and tout your time, but then you explain that you are only really going fast in the straights so it is safe. IMHO, anyone can go fast on the straights provided that their car is fast enough. Life is about the curves. Driving skill is about the curves. As such, a low time in a fast car doesn't really suggest anything about driver skill because, as you yourself pointed out, you weren't pushing anything in the corners.

I am beginning to think that you must just enjoy provoking people . . .

TD

Quick Reply: Putnam Park Recap And PSM/ABS Disconnection