Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putnam Park Recap And PSM/ABS Disconnection

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 09:10 AM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh boy, we are having some fun now. If nothing else, this is an excellent lesson in _written_ communication. And a very lop-sided match, at that.
Alan
Old 10-07-2005, 09:28 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Tim, why don't you put an end to this madness. Unless you accept Mike's very fair offer, everyone here will loose all respect for you.

Please, for the sake of ending this, make a commitment to run a Skippy event and be done with it. Win or lose, we will respect putting "your money where your mouth is".

And, it will be fun no matter what happens
Old 10-07-2005, 09:47 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Finely, none of what I have said throughout this thread has been edited out the way you quietly and spinelessly edited out your crude and characteristically witless insult about my being unworthy to carry Rick's jock. Or even smell it. (Something like that-- I discovered the text had been removed this morning. BTW, I really don't mind being insulted, but can't you at least muster a tiny bit of humor for everyone's entertainment?)
So, you low character looser, I did not edit and remove that statement. A moderator or someone else has. I, being a high character person, don’t pull such stunts. You, on the other hand, after wrongly accusing me, will continue your low character ways and not apologize for your wrongful accusation. If you would like me to repeat what I wrote I will be happy to!

Yes Mike, I think you are a coward for not posting your vast racing resume and you still haven’t posted it. If you post it, I will retract my charge. I have already posted mine.

Now, and much more importantly, I think you are a coward for not accepting my challenge.

A SLOW, ego driven, newbie, DE hack challenges you in your own car, and, despite your many years of racing experience and superior driving skills, YOU DECLINE!!!!!

COWARD!

Old 10-07-2005, 09:54 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim,

Why not take up the Skippy offer? Hell, it sounds like so much fun that I am half-tempted to start a fight just so that I could get involved (except I don't care too much about whether I win or lose in the end provided I have a blast).

You surely can understand why someone wouldn't want anyone else to drive their car, can't you? If you can, then you can understand that someone's counteroffer to use a neutral car is not a reflection of cowardice. In fact, your refusal to accept reasonable counterterms could be deemed cowardice.

Put this type of argument in another context: Imagine we are all in the 5th grade arguing on the playground (remarkably, that's what it reminds me most of). Do you think that your challenges and basis for calling someone a coward would be accepted by most of the other kids on the playground? No, I think not. Most of the kids would want you guys to race it off in neutral go karts. Hey, there's an idea, why not raceoff in shifterkarts? They would be neutral and perhaps safer! In any event, you either need to stop the challenges or you need to accept and have a little race off. Imagine, after the race you can share a beer and laugh things off, and who knows, become best friends

Just my two cents,

TD

Anyone want to pick a fight so that I can tell my wife I MUST go to a Skippy school to protect my honor?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:01 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

TD, you are a clear voice of reason. NO I do not understand his reluctance to let me drive his car when I have said I will cover all financial risk. How about this, I will pay $2,500 over and above all repair costs for his "pain and suffering".

Now what's the excuse going to be?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:04 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by ColorChange
TD, you are a clear voice of reason. NO I do not understand his reluctance to let me drive his car when I have said I will cover all financial risk. How about this, I will pay $2,500 over and above all repair costs for his "pain and suffering".

Tim,

It is not always about the money. When you have something setup the way you like it setup, an extra $2,500 above the costs of repair plus pain and suffering still will not magically give you YOUR car back. I really do not understand why you do not like the Skippy idea, particularly when you do not actually have to go wheel-to-wheel. Just go to the school and compare qualifying times. Sounds like a GREAT idea to me.

TD
Old 10-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Alex I remeber the situation. I didn't know you were admiring the car and I was in a hurry as I needed to check the brake pads that were making strange noises the day before. I discovered a pretty badly cracked pad.

No slight intended but I didn't hear anyone say hi either. Sorry!

TD You seem pretty reasonable. Let me reply in more detail when I'm not typing on my phone.

The Excuse-inator strikes again.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:22 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

TD:

I have had a very clearly stated constraints on not racing, minimizing my time away from my family, and trying to maximize my safety.

It is quite an amazing conicidence "cough ... cough" that what Mike would propose would be open wheel (I think), involve much more dangerous tracks, and take a great deal more time.

If his beloved car is so valuable, how about we use someone elses car. Or will the excuses continue?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:27 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Tim:

Mike's idea to use qualifying times would address your desire not to race.

Why not do something at Mid-Ohio, maybe at the mid-ohio school with the acuras they run there to minimize your time away from your family?

How would driving someone else's car be safer than driving a skippy car?

I don't see how using an open-wheel car at a skippy school would be any more dangerous than using your car or his car (or anyone else's for that matter) at any other track. So long as you are not racing, why would it matter whether the car is open wheel or not?

Honest questions . . .
Old 10-07-2005, 10:29 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Ah, I know what y'all need... a cheap underpowered car with excellent handling and brakes, with full data acq. to REALLY compare...

Oops. Sorry, my car's... umm... busy... LOL!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Who's got the popcorn concession on this show?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:39 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

TD:

You think Mid Ohio is as safe as Gingerman or Putnam?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:39 AM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, I don't know. The year or two it takes to build or find a car that is equal to what he has now. You yourself must understand the PITA it can be to develop a car (considering all of the issues you've had with yours). If he finally has the car to where is likes it, why would he risk it with another driver on a silly bet?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:42 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Any of you guys watch "Friends"? Remember when the two bullies "called out" Ross and Chandler and then proceeded to make all these rules about where you could hit and with what? This is sounding very much like that. "I call you out, but it has to be by my rules and I will be sure to make it impossible to adhere to them.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:46 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Sjanes, OK I can accept that. I guarantee I can find a fully race prepped car that we can drive. Where will his excuses go now?

And those of you who just watched Mike ignore the fact that he accused me of changing my posts, and when I said emphatically that I didn't, he does nothing, clearly shows that he is a low character POS!

Quick Reply: Putnam Park Recap And PSM/ABS Disconnection