PCA medical committee revoked my race license

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2024, 01:44 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,304 Likes on 1,878 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
No response and not even an acknowledgement.

I have now complied with the rules,

I guess PCA wants a fight more than they want a resolution.
It would appear that way. Or slow-walking it.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-29-2024, 02:10 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,391 Likes on 1,927 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
It would appear that way. Or slow-walking it.
PCA "won". A pyrrhic victory to be sure, but they didn't change their rules for me, or allow any kind of exception. You would think that they would want this over.

I've repeated many times that I am ready to put this matter behind me but it is apparent, with every pass day, that they want to keep this feud alive because they feel aggrieved. I feel aggrieved as well, but I am willing to let it go.

If they clear me to race than it all goes back to the way it was. If they want to keep this going than all I can say is challenge accepted, because up until now I think I have been pretty nice.

Its up to the PCA bureaucracy now.
Old 07-29-2024, 02:20 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,491 Likes on 2,554 Posts

I don't think it helps the situation to post an email on RL showing the names and personal email addresses of the recipients.
Old 07-29-2024, 02:33 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
I don't think it helps the situation to post an email on RL showing the names and personal email addresses of the recipients.
To be honest, I didn't realize that it showed anything aside from their names until you mentioned it. I don't think random people are going to be emailing these people, and if they wanted to, they could do that from the PCA website. What's the difference?

I would also note that the PCA president and club race chair asked me to post their email addresses so that people could send comments to them. That was months ago when things were more civil.

I have served on public boards and commissions in the past and people knew my email address and where I lived because that was a matter of public record. I never felt aggrieved by it.

Let's not look for trouble where none exists. All this information is a Google search away.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Roblin (07-29-2024)
Old 07-29-2024, 03:00 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 990 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I didn't notice until you said something about it. It's odd they don't have PCA addresses to me.
Old 07-29-2024, 04:09 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I didn't notice until you said something about it. It's odd they don't have PCA addresses to me.
Many (all?) of the @pcaclubracing.org racing email addresses forward to the volunteers' email address; these are what are listed on the the Club Racing site. When they write you back, it comes from their private email.
Old 07-29-2024, 04:36 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by Jas0nn
Many (all?) of the @pcaclubracing.org racing email addresses forward to the volunteers' email address; these are what are listed on the the Club Racing site. When they write you back, it comes from their private email.
Then setup the second email address, the PCA email address in their email program so they can select their PCA email address as the "From:" email address. It's not hard to do...if they want their personal addresses not public, it is their responsibility to protect it, not Todd's.
Old 07-29-2024, 05:19 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by winders
Then setup the second email address, the PCA email address in their email program so they can select their PCA email address as the "From:" email address. It's not hard to do...if they want their personal addresses not public, it is their responsibility to protect it, not Todd's.
That's not an option in how the emails are setup; I asked. I'm sure there's a reason, I just don't know what it is - and it didn't bother me enough to worry about it. I just wanted to share some info specific to Matt's post.

But I think we're jumping to conclusions - I know, that's a shock ... that never happens on Rennlist!! - in assuming anyone is upset about the email addresses being made public, or that Todd did anything wrong in sharing them in his note.
Old 07-29-2024, 05:24 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

That's not an option in how the emails are setup; I asked. I'm sure there's a reason, I just don't know what it is - and it didn't bother me enough to worry about it. I just wanted to share some info specific to Matt's post.

But I think we're jumping to conclusions - I know, that's a shock ... that never happens on Rennlist!! - in assuming anyone is upset about the email addresses being made public, or that Todd did anything wrong in sharing them in his note.
What's the point in commenting on this thread just to drag it down with this BS?

You don't see that there are people trying to use this space to focus on making changes which will make PCA even more successful even if PCA seems to be resistant to change?

If you're a PCA racer, I don't understand this desire to try to keep this sinking ship we're all traveling on afloat.

And if you're not a PCA racer, it sounds like you're just repeating things other have said.

Either way, it doesn't make much sense to me ...
Old 07-29-2024, 05:30 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

It's an option. I know as I used to own and run a web hosting company.
Old 07-29-2024, 05:36 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

What's the point in commenting on this thread just to drag it down with this BS?

You don't see that there are people trying to use this space to focus on making changes which will make PCA even more successful even if PCA seems to be resistant to change?

If you're a PCA racer, I don't understand this desire to try to keep this sinking ship we're all traveling on afloat.

And if you're not a PCA racer, it sounds like you're just repeating things other have said.

Either way, it doesn't make much sense to me ...
Ahh yes, because an even keeled call to not look for issues - on either side - where they may not exist drags this thread down in any way ...

A few more calls for everyone to take a breath would prob help - on Rennlist and in life. This is a hobby. Its supposed to be fun. This whole situations sucks. You and I talked about this quite a bit, no?

But keep in mind: not everyone who isn't against PCA, is against you! Let's get back to having fun - cause life is short and we don't know how many seasons we have left ...

Last edited by Jas0nn; 07-29-2024 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-29-2024, 06:28 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Ahh yes, because an even keeled call to not look for issues - on either side - where they may not exist drags this thread down in any way ...

A few more calls for everyone to take a breath would prob help - on Rennlist and in life. This is a hobby. Its supposed to be fun. This whole situations sucks. You and I talked about this quite a bit, no?

But keep in mind: not everyone who isn't against PCA, is against you! Let's get back to having fun - cause life is short and we don't know how many seasons we have left ...
I wrote the above post because I thought it would be funny. It's funny, right?

The problem is that PCA has grown so used to bullying people that they were shocked when someone finally stood up, and now have the temerity to call themselves the victims. It's ridiculous that these people treated me with such disregard throughout this whole process and somehow I am the bad guy? Please.

I unintentionally posted their email addresses, along with unintentionally posting my personal email as well, so I guess that makes me the bad guy. Is this really what it has come to?

132 drivers for the NJMP race in 2015 and 73 drivers registered as of earlier today, but lets focus on sleep apnea and pretend that is the problem. I want PCA CR to succeed but at this point I think it would require new leadership, new ideas, and just a new way of thinking.
Old 07-29-2024, 06:54 PM
Mike Roblin
Rennlist Member

Received 543 Likes on 328 Posts

^ I laughed Todd, very hard
Old 07-29-2024, 07:04 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 111 Posts

It is not clear that you were "bullied."

It seems that you disclosed something to PCA about your health and got a surprise-- they requested 90 days of CPAP data that you did not have. Then you asked why that was required, got an answer that did not make sense to you, and with which you disagreed.
The following users liked this post:
peterp (07-29-2024)
Old 07-29-2024, 07:18 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 111 Posts

No response and not even an acknowledgement. I guess PCA stands for Passive-aggressive Club of America.

I have now complied with the rules, but in PCA's last letter they basically said the rules are whatever they say the rules are, so perhaps there is a new rule I am unaware of. Every day which passes just reinforces the feeling that they are were never interested in doing what was right or fair. The common theme of most of the complaints which have been aired recently is that you are not allowed to question PCA.

It is ironic that the "defenders of PCA" are complaining about anyone who complains about PCA. Maybe PCA should focus a little bit of their energy on these issues instead of pretending they don't exist. I honestly don't get this victim mentality that PCA is being "assailed". Maybe treat drivers with respect and you won't give them a reason to have issues?

I would have raced at NJMP, and might have brought both of my cars, but now it is too late even if I got an 11th hour response. Registration for this race is sitting at 73 drivers with less than two weeks to go. In 2015 there were 132 cars. It would be a shame if another race got knocked off the calendar as Schattenbaum always does a great job and I really like the track.

I guess PCA wants a fight more than they want a resolution.

I think it is unfortunate that PCA has expressed concerns about being "assailed."

Perhaps they might "turn the other cheek."

I think PCA/PCA CR have every right to decide they want or must have the data, even if members (in this case candidate racers) don't agree. But I think members (in this case candidate racers) should be informed UP FRONT that such data might or will be required if they disclose OSA.

Easy to do and helps prevent untoward surprises.

Last edited by Mahler9th; 07-29-2024 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: PCA medical committee revoked my race license