Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA medical committee revoked my race license

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2024 | 02:57 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
i'm paying the bills! And playing with some really cool developmental stuff.

Where? She was moving cars yesterday.
Watkins. Thought for sure you’d be here for NER/NCR.
Next time. Hopefully Tamworth.
Old 08-09-2024 | 03:37 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Watkins. Thought for sure you’d be here for NER/NCR.
Next time. Hopefully Tamworth.
That's Judi, not Judy that drove with me. I have family in town, so I couldn't make it out there. I'm bummed not to be at the Glen!
The following users liked this post:
dgrobs (08-09-2024)
Old 08-10-2024 | 04:53 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

I was informed yesterday that the "Club Race team is still reviewing your last email and will need some additional time to complete their response" despite being told that I would have an answer today.

Unlike the debate over policy and interpretation of the rules, where reasonable people can disagree, the medical information I provided is black and white. The sleep study, signed by my doctor, states that I do not have to use a CPAP device any longer.

There is nothing to decide or consider - I am now in compliance.

If PCA leadership feels this public disagreement somehow lead to PCA and PCA CR being assailed, they certainly aren't doing anything to bring it to a close. PCA told me that I would have a decision by today and they did not keep their word.

Retaliation? Punishment? Indifference? I'll have an opinion when I finally receive an answer.

pdxjim (08-10-2024)
Old 08-10-2024 | 06:10 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I was informed yesterday that the "Club Race team is still reviewing your last email and will need some additional time to complete their response" despite being told that I would have an answer today.

Retaliation? Punishment? Indifference? I'll have an opinion when I finally receive an answer.
Down goes Frazier
Down goes Frazier
Down goes Frazier….

The heavyweight champion is taking the mandatory 8 count and Foreman is as composed as can be in a neutral corner….
Old 08-10-2024 | 07:11 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

It’s disappointing to read the latest update (post 1563).. On the surface, this appears to be vindictive in nature.

I’m sorry you’re going through this, and I hope they come back with the only answer that could possibly make sense.
Old 08-10-2024 | 07:23 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Down goes Frazier
Down goes Frazier
Down goes Frazier….

The heavyweight champion is taking the mandatory 8 count and Foreman is as composed as can be in a neutral corner….
Who am I in this analogy? I think the better analogy is rope a dope with Ali versus Frazer. It may look like I am struggling but I am pretty sure I still have fight left in me.

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
It’s disappointing to read the latest update (post 1563).. On the surface, this appears to be vindictive in nature.

I’m sorry you’re going through this, and I hope they come back with the only answer that could possibly make sense.
Sadly, there is no answer which makes sense.
Old 08-10-2024 | 07:49 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Who am I in this analogy?
Cosell
The following 5 users liked this post by dgrobs:
dbf73 (08-11-2024), GlenL (08-10-2024), LuigiVampa (08-11-2024), mlct (08-11-2024), ProCoach (08-11-2024)
Old 08-10-2024 | 08:03 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Sadly, there is no answer which makes sense.
What I meant was that they should reinstate your license, because any other response doesn’t makes sense based on what you’ve shared. And IMHO this should have been done promptly after your request 3 weeks ago. It seems simple and the longer they take, the more vindictive they appear.

It’s also hard to understand why more time is required. You either comply, or you don’t. And you are in compliance. What is there to discuss?

(I’m not a racer but I keep thinking about the 13/13 rule that I read about here on RL, and how it was decided in one week. I wonder how your request, after supplying the required information, could possibly be more complex than a 13/13 rule decision).
The following 2 users liked this post by needmoregarage:
LuigiVampa (08-11-2024), Matt Romanowski (08-10-2024)
Old 08-10-2024 | 08:23 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
What I meant was that they should reinstate your license, because any other response doesn’t makes sense based on what you’ve shared. And IMHO this should have been done promptly after your request 3 weeks ago. It seems simple and the longer they take, the more vindictive they appear.

It’s also hard to understand why more time is required. You either comply, or you don’t. And you are in compliance. What is there to discuss?

(I’m not a racer but I keep thinking about the 13/13 rule that I read about here on RL, and how it was decided in one week. I wonder how your request, after supplying the required information, could possibly be more complex than a 13/13 rule decision).
This is not about making sense or being in compliance anymore.
They are making an example out of Todd for the very public punch in the face he threw at them.

A guy came up to me in the garage today and asked me if the “Let Todd Race” sticker on my GT3 windshield was about “that guy in Connecticut.”
In our little world, this has become very public.
They are making a public example out of him in return.
Most people who try to fight city hall lose that fight. This is that. No win.
The following 3 users liked this post by dgrobs:
LuigiVampa (08-11-2024), Manifold (08-10-2024), mlct (08-11-2024)
Old 08-10-2024 | 09:12 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

This is not about making sense or being in compliance anymore.
They are making an example out of Todd for the very public punch in the face he threw at them.

A guy came up to me in the garage today and asked me if the “Let Todd Race” sticker on my GT3 windshield was about “that guy in Connecticut.”
In our little world, this has become very public.
They are making a public example out of him in return.
Most people who try to fight city hall lose that fight. This is that. No win.
I honestly feel like keeping this public fight going is backfiring on PCA. I'm only one person, and I really don't care if people disagree with me or not.

However, PCA is this huge brand with a reputation, and it just isn't good stewardship to keep fighting with one of your members, especially when the starting point for this dispute is PCA's position that a driver can fall asleep while driving a racecar on track.

How ridiculous does PCA look defending a medical committee (ad hoc) which professes this view?
Old 08-10-2024 | 09:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

This is such a waste. It is such a sad state of affairs. And it is a huge wasted opportunity for them to take the high road, to be the bigger people, to be the adults in the room looking at the long view.

The following 4 users liked this post by Veloce Raptor:
Gary R. (08-11-2024), LuigiVampa (08-11-2024), Matt Romanowski (08-10-2024), Mike Roblin (08-11-2024)
Old 08-10-2024 | 09:46 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Sad indeed. Opportunity lost for them.

They’re gonna make an example out of him, and so it goes…..

They are the Mighty PCA. He is Todd.

What’s the old saying?
The Race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong…..but that’s the way to bet.
LuigiVampa (08-11-2024)
Old 08-11-2024 | 12:58 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
This is such a waste. It is such a sad state of affairs. And it is a huge wasted opportunity for them to take the high road, to be the bigger people, to be the adults in the room looking at the long view.

Ya, and with the point being moot since he doesn't even need a cpap machine now, we'll see if they come out as over emotional children that shouldn't even be the assistant manager at their granddaughter's lemonade stand, or respectable people who can keep personal bias aside and belong on a board.
LuigiVampa (08-11-2024)
Old 08-11-2024 | 08:56 AM
JP66
Burning Brakes

T-,

So sorry I didn't say "hi" yesterday. Unfortunately the anonymity of the internet world makes for poor real world recognition, LOL. I was standing right next to you when you were talking about watching your lap timer too closely.

More importantly add me to the list of PCA members who find your ordeal unbelievable. I hope the folks at PCA see the light soon, and give you back your greatly deserved license. How ridiculous, really?!

But . . . next time I hear you're on the track at Lime Rock when I'm there I promise to look you up.

- Joe
The following 3 users liked this post by JP66:
LuigiVampa (08-11-2024), mlct (08-11-2024), ProCoach (08-11-2024)
Old 08-11-2024 | 09:28 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Have you tried sending the powers that be a bag of Swedish fish?
LuigiVampa (08-11-2024)

Quick Reply: PCA medical committee revoked my race license