Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got Clake'd

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 09:57 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Did you discuss this with the steward? What did they have to say? I would petition PCA Club Racing to ban him for another 13 months!
Old 09-20-2021, 09:58 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

...and he shouldn't post in this forum ever again!
Old 09-20-2021, 10:15 PM
KevinA
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

My heart dropped when I saw the flat bed brining you back in. Such a sweet car, and I am sure you will bring it back better than it was before.
Old 09-20-2021, 10:53 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 118 Posts

Terrible driving. Is this the same chap whose asking another racer to pay for damages? I am sorry I dont know any of these characters.
Old 09-21-2021, 07:42 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

Sorry to see that Jason, it was totally avoidable on his end and certainly unnecessarily aggressive. No reason for this unless his throttle was stuck to the floor, which I doubt.. either way 100% his fault, you gave all the room there was to give.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:45 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

That sucks, Jason. Great-looking car.
I was flagging at T1 and heard the call that a car went off in 6 and hit the tire wall hard. I was wondering how in the heck that could happen since it's a low-speed corner. Now I have my answer....
Old 09-21-2021, 10:25 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 353 Posts

How many 13's do you get before you're asked to not come back/banned from racing with the group?
The following users liked this post:
Jas0nn (09-21-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 11:48 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 830 Likes on 417 Posts

Wow. Just wow. It’s one thing to have contact. But it’s a whole ‘nother level of asshattery to never hit the brakes.
The following 3 users liked this post by 38D:
bear2020 (09-23-2021), M_Weining (09-21-2021), sleder (09-23-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 12:32 PM
Geneman
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

No - He stayed in the throttle and literally drove me into the wall. Never applied his brakes (notice they are perfectly visible in T5 and T6).

no understeer, no visible braking and a reasonably slow speed corner with plenty of room.... jeez..... without brake, throttle stick (or other) failure seems its really hard to defend that behavior......

i would be embarassed to face the stewards ....

best wishes fixing it. let me us know if I/we can help at all..
Old 09-21-2021, 01:07 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,306 Likes on 1,878 Posts

Originally Posted by Geneman
No - He stayed in the throttle and literally drove me into the wall. Never applied his brakes (notice they are perfectly visible in T5 and T6).

no understeer, no visible braking and a reasonably slow speed corner with plenty of room.... jeez..... seems its really hard to defend that behavior......
Normally, you would expect left front to right rear contact after Turn 6 turn-in to be mitigated immediately by the inside car letting OFF the throttle, to give the outside car the ability to recover. Then, they can take it up again. That said, no real excuse for contact in the first place, in club racing.

It appears the inside car, once the contact was initiated and the yaw increased dramatically for the outside car, went FULL power and pushed hard in the passenger side door, like the vertical stroke in a "T."

You can hear the inside car engine note get louder as plain as day between :20 and :22.5 seconds in the first video.

I don't know what was going through the inside car driver's mind, but something very different from what most drivers do, and especially what club level drivers do. May have been autonomic, even worse if so...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

The following 2 users liked this post by ProCoach:
M_Weining (09-21-2021), sleder (09-23-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 01:29 PM
intsptperfcharli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe we should rename this WOW i just got nicked.
In the video there is plenty of room to the outside and if Clarke hit you your car would have gone to the outside but it doesn't. If you watch Clarke's car the rear goes to the right first so not over steer but being hit then the front goes left into you. You may also notice no brake lights, that is because when you guys came together it broke Clarke's control arm at the caliper mount wheel bearing area so now the brake line is broken and the caliper is now at the bottom the rotation, only being stopped by the emergency brake cable rapping around the axle and pulling everything in that area including the throttle with it and the brake lights work off of pressure no pressure no lights. Accusing him of maliciously driving you into the wall without all the facts is very bold of you -- you may not like Clarke but he is not that person.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:38 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 992 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
It appears the inside car, once the contact was initiated and the yaw increased dramatically for the outside car, went FULL power and pushed hard in the passenger side door, like the vertical stroke in a "T."

You can hear the inside car engine note get louder as plain as day between :20 and :22.5 seconds in the first video.
I have no dog in this fight and watch as an observer. I thought the same thing, but when I played it in slow motion, I expected to see tire marks from the pushing car and didn't. There are very faint rubber marks, but they are coming from the blue car.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:42 PM
intsptperfcharli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no brake peddle no marks when the control arm broke it broke the brake line
Old 09-21-2021, 01:50 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by intsptperfcharli
no brake peddle no marks when the control arm broke it broke the brake line
If what you say is true, going over to the other driver (after allowing time for everyone to cool off), to see if he is okay, to explain what happened, and to apologize (even if it was a mechanical) would have gone a long way to avert the need for this whole post.

Last edited by linzman; 09-21-2021 at 02:06 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by linzman:
993944S2 (09-21-2021), FredC (09-21-2021), Matt Romanowski (09-21-2021), Matt55 (09-22-2021), M_Weining (09-21-2021), ProCoach (09-21-2021), Veloce Raptor (09-21-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-21-2021, 01:59 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by intsptperfcharli
Maybe we should rename this WOW i just got nicked.
In the video there is plenty of room to the outside and if Clarke hit you your car would have gone to the outside but it doesn't. If you watch Clarke's car the rear goes to the right first so not over steer but being hit then the front goes left into you. You may also notice no brake lights, that is because when you guys came together it broke Clarke's control arm at the caliper mount wheel bearing area so now the brake line is broken and the caliper is now at the bottom the rotation, only being stopped by the emergency brake cable rapping around the axle and pulling everything in that area including the throttle with it and the brake lights work off of pressure no pressure no lights. Accusing him of maliciously driving you into the wall without all the facts is very bold of you -- you may not like Clarke but he is not that person.
Charlie: this is the biggest crock of **** ever. "If Clake hit me" ???? Are you serious? There is no "IF" - both videos show he hit me. Stewards agree he hit me. My hands took a set, they don't pinch in one bit. He had plenty of room inside. He had plenty of opportunities to pull out; to take a different line; to brake to avoid it.

Facts are facts. And the facts are clear as day.

He is precisely that kind of person - which is exactly what everyone in the paddock knows. You clearly have an agenda here, but I think it's a mistake to get involved and underhandedly lobby on behalf of your customer.

Last edited by Jas0nn; 09-22-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: I got Clake'd