Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got Clake'd

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2021 | 02:23 PM
FredC
Drifting

i have no skin in the game here, never met Clarke either, but i am interested in seeing how PCA deals with such incidents. This was same driver/same car 2 weeks prior at Road America:
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/608454726
The following users liked this post:
sleder (09-23-2021)
Old 09-21-2021 | 02:26 PM
certz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by intsptperfcharli
Maybe we should rename this WOW i just got nicked.
In the video there is plenty of room to the outside and if Clarke hit you your car would have gone to the outside but it doesn't. If you watch Clarke's car the rear goes to the right first so not over steer but being hit then the front goes left into you. You may also notice no brake lights, that is because when you guys came together it broke Clarke's control arm at the caliper mount wheel bearing area so now the brake line is broken and the caliper is now at the bottom the rotation, only being stopped by the emergency brake cable rapping around the axle and pulling everything in that area including the throttle with it and the brake lights work off of pressure no pressure no lights. Accusing him of maliciously driving you into the wall without all the facts is very bold of you -- you may not like Clarke but he is not that person.
You are claiming this is Jason's fault? You are fvcking kidding right? Clarke is not some newbie in his first race. He had all the room and more to the inside but drove to the outside and into Jason's car. Jason has no obligation to ride the outside of the track. He is supposed to give racing room, which he more than did.

As for the second part of your story, that may all be true except the part where you seem to be eluding to the throttle running through the left front of the car and getting "pulled." Bull****.

As for him not being that person, he hit me at Road Atlanta a few years back and never said a word - in fact when I pulled into the pit afterwards you were standing over his car giving me a "look." He did not say anything to Jason after this incident. My understanding is he had a blowout, which is a mechanical failure unlike this incident, at Brainerd which collected another car - did he go over and talk with that driver? My guess is not. You are right about one thing, there are plenty of us that know him and do not like him and it is because of his driving and attitude.
Old 09-21-2021 | 02:27 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Let's see video and data from the red car. Also, any rear-facing video from the cars ahead? That should provide some additional insight.

Last edited by M_Weining; 09-21-2021 at 02:29 PM.
sleder (09-23-2021)
Old 09-21-2021 | 02:32 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

I'm further fascinated by the idea that his control arm broke from his initial contact - and that Charlie has the forensic ability to deduce it was from this tap, and not from ramming me into the tire wall that did this to my RR ...

Last edited by Jas0nn; 09-21-2021 at 02:36 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 09-21-2021 | 02:37 PM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

He broke the control arm, and brake caliper mount, and brake lines by the initial tap? Highly highly impossible considering there’s absolutely no avoidance maneuver by Clarke at all. All he had to do was yank the steering wheel right after contact and both would have not ended up on the wall. Instead his steering wheel is straight and you can see him not slow down at all.

your explanation doesn’t make any sense

Originally Posted by Speeds5
Where’s Jason’s money?
Maybe we should rename this WOW i just got nicked.
In the video there is plenty of room to the outside and if Clarke hit you your car would have gone to the outside but it doesn't. If you watch Clarke's car the rear goes to the right first so not over steer but being hit then the front goes left into you. You may also notice no brake lights, that is because when you guys came together it broke Clarke's control arm at the caliper mount wheel bearing area so now the brake line is broken and the caliper is now at the bottom the rotation, only being stopped by the emergency brake cable rapping around the axle and pulling everything in that area including the throttle with it and the brake lights work off of pressure no pressure no lights. Accusing him of maliciously driving you into the wall without all the facts is very bold of you -- you may not like Clarke but he is not that person.
Old 09-21-2021 | 02:43 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

no brake peddle no marks when the control arm broke it broke the brake line
Bull**** Clarke
Old 09-21-2021 | 03:05 PM
intsptperfcharli

watch the video the first thing that happens is the rear of clarkes car moves left first impact then front goes left
Old 09-21-2021 | 03:08 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

watch the video the first thing that happens is the rear of clarkes car moves left first impact then front goes left
Post the video from the red car so we can see that perspective.
intsptperfcharli

you can even see the smoke where his tire goes inside the fender
winders
Race Car

If you have any hope of credibility, the first thing you need to do is identify yourself. Otherwise, all you are doing is making things worse....
Old 09-21-2021 | 03:12 PM
winders
Race Car

When contact is first made, the red car left rear wheel is not in contact with the blue car..... You can see that here:

Old 09-21-2021 | 03:12 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FredC
i have no skin in the game here, never met Clarke either, but i am interested in seeing how PCA deals with such incidents. This was same driver/same car 2 weeks prior at Road America:
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/608454726
I think the white and blue car driver's response was appropriate. Folks shouldn't drive in such a way that others around them have to avoid the accident...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

The following 4 users liked this post by ProCoach:
dan212 (09-21-2021), FredC (09-21-2021), Last_935 (09-22-2021), Matt Romanowski (09-21-2021)
Old 09-21-2021 | 03:13 PM
intsptperfcharli

jason already said who i am pay attention
Old 09-21-2021 | 03:18 PM
intsptperfcharli

at the end of the day its up to wess and the guys and gals of pca hopefully they will really look at what happened and ask the appropriate questions and make the right decision and i will be happy with that either way it goes
Old 09-21-2021 | 03:21 PM
certz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
When contact is first made, the red car left rear wheel is not in contact with the blue car..... You can see that here:

LOL - what I see here is there is room for a tractor-trailer to drive down the inside. But, sure, Jason pinched him...
Difool (09-22-2021)

Quick Reply: I got Clake'd