Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Are 930 front hubs allowed in 911Cup?
Old 01-31-2022, 03:53 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom '74 911
That is an impressively bent spring plate. Given the amount of force it took to do that, did you do a lot of measuring to make sure the tub is still straight (enough)? Or are you getting it checked on a Celette?
I've been there before (due to my own mistake, not someone else's) and it's no fun. Glad you're going through the process to get it back on track!
Broke the right side trailing arm clean through! It's def going on a frame machine. Visually, there doesn't appear to be any signs of frame damage - that I can see at least - but it'll be checked out by people who actually know what they're looking at. It should be on a frame machine to address the tunnel cracks anyway, so ...

Originally Posted by winders
Are 930 front hubs allowed in 911Cup?
Yes - I actually run as a Turbolook with a little bit of a weight penalty over narrowbody 3.2s. I bought it that way and I like the looks - but I think the drag penalty outweighs any tiny benefits. It's nice not worrying about brake fade; however, I even run the same 245/275 tire combo as the narrow bodies, so there's no real grip advantage. BUT, if PCA starts awarding points for looks, 'dat *** is gonna clean up ...

Quick Reply: I got Clake'd