Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got Clake'd

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2021 | 05:53 PM
intsptperfcharli

ill start by i have no beef with you i dont know you but watch the video from just a little before this to a little after they haven't hit yet watch closely you will see when jason goes by clarkes rear gets knocked to the left first then you see some smoke from his left rear then he hits jason with his left front if you dont agree thats fine but just look again
Old 09-21-2021 | 05:54 PM
intsptperfcharli

i meant knocked to the right
Old 09-21-2021 | 06:19 PM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by intsptperfcharli
ill start by i have no beef with you i dont know you but watch the video from just a little before this to a little after they haven't hit yet watch closely you will see when jason goes by clarkes rear gets knocked to the left first then you see some smoke from his left rear then he hits jason with his left front if you dont agree thats fine but just look again

Looks to me like the rear got out of shape before contact because the red driver realized he’d FUBAR’ed the radius of the corner. Look at the right front wheel; he had to add a ton of steering to correct his mid-corner error, which got the rear loose. That wobble let to the contact. Certainly doesn’t look like purposeful contact, but definitely poor sporting as the intent was clearly to run the blue car into the dirt. When the blue car didn’t acquiesce to being run off, red car couldn’t make the corner.

I think the pitchforks are probably a bit much given (to me) it looks like an accident and not an intentional act, but I wouldn’t want to go wheel to wheel with that dude.
Old 09-21-2021 | 06:26 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

You've already agreed I didn't pinch him - and since I was ahead, and didn't turn down on him, what exactly are you looking to prove here?

We can all see the contact plainly in the rear view of the second video. Your driver was left a huge amount of racing room, and decided that space still wasn't enough. That's why the stewards immediately decided he was at fault, rescinded his ability to race his other car in the vintage race, and he was asked to leave the track.

What everyone is reacting to - and the reason this is the issue it's become - is that he took no action to avoid the contact, neither before nor after the hit. He made the decision to turn what could have been a simple tap into a much bigger incident that did a big $$ damage to my car, and put us both at risk of physical harm.

Trying to talk about anything else is just noise!

Last edited by Jas0nn; 09-21-2021 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-21-2021 | 06:31 PM
Jas0nn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mehoff
I I think the pitchforks are probably a bit much given (to me) it looks like an accident and not an intentional act, but I wouldn’t want to go wheel to wheel with that dude.
The pitchforks are a result of history - because this driver just came off 13/13 and constantly puts other drivers and their metal in harm's way.
Old 09-21-2021 | 06:46 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

You may also notice no brake lights, that is because when you guys came together it broke Clarke's control arm at the caliper mount wheel bearing area so now the brake line is broken and the caliper is now at the bottom the rotation, only being stopped by the emergency brake cable rapping around the axle and pulling everything in that area including the throttle with it and the brake lights work off of pressure no pressure no lights. Accusing him of maliciously driving you into the wall without all the facts is very bold of you -- you may not like Clarke but he is not that person.
Ok, but can you explain why do the right side front wheel never turn right to avoid continuing to spear the blue car? If the steering wheel is still connected to the rack, at least that side would have turned. Also, I would have expected the rears to have locked up at some point if the red car driver was in fact on the brakes hard.

Originally Posted by M_Weining
Let's see video and data from the red car.
Agreed. Video with a data overlay would prove the point the shop owner is alleging. Since video is required by PCA, it should exist.
The following users liked this post:
sleder (09-23-2021)
Old 09-21-2021 | 07:12 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Pretty simple. Show us the red car video. Clearly, given Clake's propensity to post and pass judgement on others, time for him to step up and show his in car.
sleder (09-23-2021)
Old 09-21-2021 | 07:15 PM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

Video from the red car I’m sure does exist but we’ll never see it. I’m willing to bet on it because the driver of the red car cannot show it or the weak argument being made here intrsportcharlie would be invalidated very quickly.

the guy brings two cars to every race. What is the thinking there, I need a spare in case I total one? Who does that? A guy that has an accident every single race I guess

Originally Posted by 38D
Ok, but can you explain why do the right side front wheel never turn right to avoid continuing to spear the blue car? If the steering wheel is still connected to the rack, at least that side would have turned. Also, I would have expected the rears to have locked up at some point if the red car driver was in fact on the brakes hard.

Agreed. Video with a data overlay would prove the point the shop owner is alleging. Since video is required by PCA, it should exist.
Old 09-21-2021 | 07:53 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Poor conduct by the offending driver. It’s a character flaw. No fixing that.
Old 09-21-2021 | 08:47 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Initial contact is caused by the red car not being able to execute the turn with the sufficient room given. It’s the drivers fault but falls into the unfortunate category. Driving the blue car into the tires, which is what appears to have happened is a lot more than unfortunate.
The following 2 users liked this post by mglobe:
Veloce Raptor (09-21-2021), Zhao (09-24-2021)
Old 09-21-2021 | 09:02 PM
winders
Race Car

We all are capable of making mistakes. It's what we do after we make mistakes that exposes our true character to those around us.

Last edited by winders; 09-21-2021 at 09:23 PM.
The following 14 users liked this post by winders:
dan212 (09-22-2021), joseph mitro (09-22-2021), ldamelio (09-22-2021), Matt Romanowski (09-21-2021), Matt55 (09-22-2021), mglobe (09-21-2021), Mike Murphy (09-22-2021), NaroEscape (09-21-2021), Nizer (09-23-2021), ProCoach (09-21-2021), SamGrant951 (09-24-2021), sleder (09-23-2021), stownsen914 (09-21-2021), zip465 (09-22-2021) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-21-2021 | 10:24 PM
okie981
Rennlist Member

Sad to see someone in club racing as unconcerned for others as "Clake" is. Obviously the dude has attitude issues.
Old 09-21-2021 | 10:25 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
We all are capable of making mistakes. It's what we do after we make mistakes that exposes our true character to those around us.
This
Old 09-21-2021 | 10:37 PM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

The problem is he is not on the track by himself. We all share the track and are within inches of each other. Do you really want your prized car or your safety in his hands? I don't.

Originally Posted by okie981
Sad to see someone in club racing as unconcerned for others as "Clake" is. Obviously the dude has attitude issues.
Old 09-21-2021 | 10:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
Well said.
ProCoach (09-21-2021)

Quick Reply: I got Clake'd