Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 10:34 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by pietpara
A few things I would have liked to have seen in the hybrid

- a counter for the distance driven electric since last charge or at least for the day, not reset after some amount of time., as it currently is.
- the amount charged per charge and cumulative since last reset. It would allow monitoring the home charging costs.
- the instantaneous fuel consumption, not just average.
- something that would count the fuel you save when standing still at traffic lights or traffic jams, when driving in hybrid mode.
I agree with the first two, for sure.
Not sure what you mean by "instantaneous fuel consumption"...
I'd also like to see a counter saying how often the ICE turns on and off, both in the short term and for the life of the car.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:42 AM
ReinoudW
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car delivered

Yesterday I finally picked up my new Panamera ST, after ordering it early September 2018. Really happy with the combination of Vulcan Grey paint (with painted model design), Luxor Beige/Black interior, Carbon decoration, and the Burmester sound system.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:17 AM
pietpara
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ReinoudW

Yesterday I finally picked up my new Panamera ST, after ordering it early September 2018. Really happy with the combination of Vulcan Grey paint (with painted model design), Luxor Beige/Black interior, Carbon decoration, and the Burmester sound system.
Congrats! Looks really nice.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:23 AM
pietpara
Advanced

Originally Posted by cometguy
I agree with the first two, for sure.
Not sure what you mean by "instantaneous fuel consumption"...
I'd also like to see a counter saying how often the ICE turns on and off, both in the short term and for the life of the car.
agree.
I mean by instantaneous fuel consumption the actual, current consumption, say in the last second, not average. All Audis I have had before showed you this. It allows one to learn/get an idea of the consumption versus driving style and engine temperature.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations ReinoudW, looks beautiful, to me there's not many things more exciting that taking delivery of a new car, I tell the sales guy NOT to explain anything to me because half the fun is messing with it in the garage when you get home :-) enjoy.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:19 PM
speed77
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 104 Posts

Can anyone who has added sports exhaust post-delivery/ retrofit describe the experience? Is it just a software upgrade or is there mechanical hardware that needs to be added to the exhaust system? My panamera has the sports pipes but not the sports exhaust and I would definitely like to add it.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:16 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

My dealership service department informed me that I have two recalls/campaigns to address in my 2018 Pan4 E-H:
(1) a reprogram of the instrument cluster; and (2) Reprogram of the control unit for the power steering.
I'd heard of the second one, but not the first one. What's going on with the instrument cluster?
Old 03-26-2019, 04:25 PM
CanuckGT4
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by KW411
There are only two dealerships in the entire metro Vancouver - Vancouver and Langley. The one in Vancouver really sucks. SA are arrogant, service team knows nothing. When I got my e-hybrid early last year, they didn't even know how to reset the odometer??!!!
Most people (including me) regret buying car from there.
I bought my 4S Sport Turismo at the Langley dealer. They were pretty good and were able to wheel and deal a discount for an in-stock vehicle. Would recommend.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:02 PM
pietpara
Advanced

My dealership service department informed me that I have two recalls/campaigns to address in my 2018 Pan4 E-H:
(1) a reprogram of the instrument cluster; and (2) Reprogram of the control unit for the power steering.
I'd heard of the second one, but not the first one. What's going on with the instrument cluster?
Regarding 1), if not a PCM update then the is also an update that solves the reported issues where the "service inspection needed" or "check engine" warnings keep returning. This update solved that for me. I still occasionally get the check engine warning but it seems to correlate to fuel quality because it occurs only after fuelling. I must note however it never happens at Shell.

Also found this in another thread just now.
https://www.cars.com/articles/2017-2019-porsche-panamera-panamera-hybrid-cayenne-recall-alert-1420757655937/

Last edited by pietpara; 03-26-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:51 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I had the steering, brake modulation and engine/hybrid management recalls done but not as far as I am aware the instrument cluster/PCM update. With a bit of luck this might finally be the update us early model owners (Oct 2017 for me) have been waiting for now for close to 12 months. Hopefully it will correct the main digital speedometer, which does not change units when you change the rest of the units from miles to kilometres and is firmly stuck in MPH. I will ask my dealer on my return from a three week trip to India.

Wilson
Old 03-27-2019, 07:04 PM
bosch
Advanced

Originally Posted by Galavanta
https://porschevictoria.com
If I told you everything they did/do for me no one would believe me, they really are amazing. I know of a couple of guys (one on this forum) that have come across from Vancouver to the island to little old Victoria to buy from this dealer.
I'm one of them... top notch dealer... better than the sales snobs in the Vancouver dealership....
Old 03-27-2019, 07:06 PM
Galavanta
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bosch
I'm one of them... top notch dealer... better than the sales snobs in the Vancouver dealership....
Nice 👍🏼
Old 03-28-2019, 01:53 PM
tp81
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Instrument cluster recall relates to a brake pad warning message.

Has anyone experienced issues with the reverse camera wash function, not a real world issue but at times it just doesn't work.

Also, I have had the electric socket on my car replaced, the switch was freezing in cold weather and I was unable to decouple the electric charge lead. Huge expense for them to change this, they also changed the mechanism for the flap. My car is now not charging at all.

Serious unimpressed with the reliability levels of all the tech.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:24 PM
bosch
Advanced

Originally Posted by tp81
Instrument cluster recall relates to a brake pad warning message.

Has anyone experienced issues with the reverse camera wash function, not a real world issue but at times it just doesn't work.

Also, I have had the electric socket on my car replaced, the switch was freezing in cold weather and I was unable to decouple the electric charge lead. Huge expense for them to change this, they also changed the mechanism for the flap. My car is now not charging at all.

Serious unimpressed with the reliability levels of all the tech.
I have the surround view option but not the rear wiper and have seen the "wash option" pop up once in a while, but never knew that it did... I read on the 19 Macan's, there is a water nozzle that sprays water to clean the lens... does our cars have this? anyone have any experience with this?
Old 03-28-2019, 05:18 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bosch
I have the surround view option but not the rear wiper and have seen the "wash option" pop up once in a while, but never knew that it did... I read on the 19 Macan's, there is a water nozzle that sprays water to clean the lens... does our cars have this? anyone have any experience with this?
Yes, my car has a wash for the rear camera and it comes in handy. When I select the park assist by hitting button on ceiling console, the surround view shows up with all the viewing angles listed on the left of the screen. If you select rear camera, you get a wash option at the top of the list. It gives you 2 nice squirts of washer fluid right on the lens. Try it out.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread