Macan 2014-Current

No electric steering column after January

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 06:57 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ADC1
Are you eligible for any additional compensation from Porsche?
If you can bear plowing through this entire thread you'll find the answer is "no".
Old 09-01-2022, 06:57 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ADC1
Are you eligible for any additional compensation from Porsche?
Not that I am aware of. They did throw in the all weather floor mats but I don't think that was anything to do with the steering column.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:52 PM
ADC1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
If you can bear plowing through this entire thread you'll find the answer is "no".
Originally Posted by CapitalAL
Not that I am aware of. They did throw in the all weather floor mats but I don't think that was anything to do with the steering column.
I will call PCNA next week to see what they have to say since this website is set up.
http://www.electricsteeringcolumnopt...mbursement.com
Took delivery of 22 Macan this month (August) and no one at dealership could answer anything. I asked them to call the Porsche District Manager with no response. Let's see what PCNA will say when I call them. Dealer will not be happy with a low score on SSI survey.
It would be nice to get a refund but this confusion on which units get a rebate is not good.

Last edited by ADC1; 09-01-2022 at 07:53 PM. Reason: sp
Old 01-25-2023, 02:34 PM
SnakeEyesB
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I realize that this is an older thread, but see that Porsche's website has now brought back the Bose as an option. I wonder if the electric steering column is going to be brought back soon as well, as the two disappeared more or less at the same time.

I've checked with a dealer, who says that they haven't heard anything, although they also weren't aware that Bose was now back on the website. Are folks hearing anything more definitive out there?

Quick Reply: No electric steering column after January