Macan Coding

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 07:33 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Thank you kindly.

Kept hoping Uwe Ross would make a Porsche version of the VAG-COM... alas...never going to happen

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 12-30-2019, 11:39 AM
PSEE
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBen
Can you turn off the auto stop/start function?
The button on your center console will do that - and it is persistent across restarts. If the little light is ON, then
the auto start/stop is defeated. If the little button is OFF, then auto start/stop is enabled.

Some people want it ON all the time and others want it OFF all the time. It's easy to control its behavior with the
center console button (which is labeled OFF, to indicate if you WANT the function to work, keep the little light OFF).

Old 12-31-2019, 04:58 PM
ClayMan28
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just to be clear, did the Macan have LED Matrix headlights and were you successful in activating it?

Originally Posted by dollarlongnecks
Lot's of stuff under the headlight module (screenshots below), and there was also a lot of lighting settings in the Instrument Panel module.

Headlight Actuations

Headlight Coding

Headlight Coding
Old 01-01-2020, 01:35 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by ClayMan28
Just to be clear, did the Macan have LED Matrix headlights and were you successful in activating it?
The screenshots shown were as far as I went in that area, as there are a lot more settings available in the new Macan than I have in my 2013 Cayenne, and I honestly didn't want to spend hours poking through a system and activating/inactivating items on a vehicle that I don't own and won't be working on.

I have a feeling that the company that makes this device just reverse engineers a PIWIS system, as I've found references in the shop manual that are word for word with items available in the Launch tablet. With that said, I have a feeling if something is available through PIWIS, there is a high probability it will make it into a device like this, and might already be available.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:05 AM
Notmac1
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Info my a Macan is 2015 no LED available at that time so I cannot speak to that. The MD808 seems to be an answer to the big question about new battery registration but it offers many other functions as well. Thank you for all the answers to the many questions you have gotten. The MD808 in on order. 👍
Old 01-01-2020, 11:49 AM
PSEE
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I realize this product looks like an exciting alternative to the very expen$ive PIWIS system and feel that it
is important to recall a Latin expression: caveat emptor

While you're pondering the meaning of the phrase above, take a look at what the following URL has to say about
this amazing new device:

​​​​​​https://www.fakespot.com/product/lau...-update-online
The following users liked this post:
TurboS_GG (01-17-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 12:28 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PSEE
I realize this product looks like an exciting alternative to the very expen$ive PIWIS system and feel that it
is important to recall a Latin expression: caveat emptor

While you're pondering the meaning of the phrase above, take a look at what the following URL has to say about
this amazing new device:

​​​​​​https://www.fakespot.com/product/lau...-update-online
I remember reading that there were some counterfeits on the market, but in my searching for one to purchase I never happened upon a fake for sale. Here's some info from the UK distributor:
https://www.launchtech.co.uk/support...ch-x431-tools/
Old 01-15-2020, 10:31 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So I contacted CNLaunch (I presume it stands for China Launch) in Shenzhen and after an exchange of emails he assured me it would work for a 2020 Macan and that his US Sales rep would contact me. I tried to get him to tell me which model he was talking about when he said it supports the 2020 vehicles but he deflected the question by saying the US Sales person will contact me as they don't have a local agent in Alaska. His name is Tao Shichun and can be reached at:

shichun.tao@cnlaunch.com

I'm assuming if he's the US sales guy he will speak better English than my Mandarin. I'll post if I get any more info.

siberian

Old 01-16-2020, 07:24 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So it seems the x431 Mini has been discontinued and from what Launch USA tells me (the CN Launch reps in the US), whatever ones are being sold could be counterfeit or not designed for the NA market. The rep was very helpful but the current ones are extremely pricey compared to the Mini.

One of the things I especially like in the Mini is the WiFi capability which means you don't need to have the tester in the car as long as the OBD connector is installed. It comes with a plethora of adapters, none of which are of any interest to me as I have the VAG-COM for the Audi/VDub, but if you need to work on Uncle Bob's Ferd150, you're covered. Alas they don't seem to have an adapter for Olga, my bobcat.

I've placed a question on Amazon concerning the model being sold and though it's a lot cheaper than the X-431 Torque for example, I want to make sure it works. I'll keep you all posted.

siberian

Old 01-16-2020, 11:51 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Here is the reply:

Sorry sir, the X431 PROS MINI OBD2 diagnostic tool can't support work bi-directionally on a 2020 Macan. If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us at launch-aftersales@outlook.com"

Dollarlongnecks, you're saying your X431 Pros mini was able to work bi-directionally on a 2020 Macan?

siberian

Old 01-17-2020, 12:38 AM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

OK, so let me clear some thing up with the LAUNCH company... The main company is based in China, and they make everything. There are regional distributors/partners in the US, UK, and probably other large countries that sell regional products specific to the vehicles in that region. They usually only sell the expensive "professional" models that they would market to businesses like mechanics shops, etc. and they offer after-sales support on those products. The main company out of China has their own retail and wholesale channels, and they sell products that include all regions, including items the US partners don't, and they sell to just about anyone...

Because of the way things work-out with global resellers on Amazon, eBay, AliExpress, etc., the regional distributors/partners basically end-up competing against the main company - That's why they try to scare you from buying elsewhere, because they are trying to save a sale in their region. I got mine from an eBay seller, and it's 100% real, came in a retail package with all the paperwork, etc. I was able to register with the main company (which you'll have to do if you buy from the US retailer too) and I have 2 years of free updates (which you may not get with a US unit)...

So, don't let the US Launch distributor confuse you or try to sell you something you don't need.

For your second question, I have the Pro Mini, not the Pros Mini, and yes, it worked as I described here.

Edit: Just a personal note, but if a company doesn't have email addresses at their own domain name, I look elsewhere for answers.

Last edited by dollarlongnecks; 01-17-2020 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Tip
The following users liked this post:
subaru335i (05-19-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 01:25 AM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanx for clarifying. Just to be absolutely sure, is this the one you have,

Amazon Amazon

and you registered it with no problems in the US right?

I had feared as much. He, the US distributor said that the model had been discontinued several years ago but was unable to tell me what model superseded it nor why thre was no mention on youtube etc. When he added that he had a rep here with a Matco email, I nodded off as given what those and Snap On prices are they make Porsche tools look cheap.

Again thanx for your input.

siberian

Old 01-17-2020, 11:41 AM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I thought I read somewhere in the looooong Cayenne launch thread where they tied heated seat and steering wheel together ....., one click.
I have to think this s the tool for the Macan !
Old 01-17-2020, 01:03 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by siberian
Thanx for clarifying. Just to be absolutely sure, is this the one you have,

https://www.amazon.com/LAUNCH-X431-D...s%2C258&sr=8-8

and you registered it with no problems in the US right?

I had feared as much. He, the US distributor said that the model had been discontinued several years ago but was unable to tell me what model superseded it nor why thre was no mention on youtube etc. When he added that he had a rep here with a Matco email, I nodded off as given what those and Snap On prices are they make Porsche tools look cheap.

Again thanx for your input.

siberian

Yes, that is the one I have, and it works like a champ.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:04 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Willy07
I thought I read somewhere in the looooong Cayenne launch thread where they tied heated seat and steering wheel together ....., one click.
I have to think this s the tool for the Macan !
I think we found the settings for that but I didn't activate it.. I'm sure if it's available in the Cayenne the Macan of the same year should have the same sort of functions available.

Quick Reply: Macan Coding