Macan 2014-Current

Macan Coding

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 09:54 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy07
Thank you, so the mini is just a smaller display ?
Yw, glad to help... I get a ton of knowledge from these forums, so it's nice to get opportunities to contribute.

Yes, as far as I could tell from my research, the "Pro Mini" is just a smaller version of the V+ in terms of basic functionality. I think the bigger tablet has a handful of other features like vehicle logging/tracking so if you own a shop you can keep track of all the vehicles you have serviced. The UI may be a bit fancier too. But all the functionality is available with the Mini, and it appears to be the cheapest of the bunch. You can get on youtube and search for "Launch x431" and you should be able to see some examples of the bigger tablet. I emailed them directly and they recommended the mini since I was just an "enthusiast".. But honestly, even it is way more powerful then I will probably ever use, and I could probably start a business will everything I can do with this, and all the vehicles it's compatible with.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:11 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Awesome man.
I read through a lot of the other thread before my iPad died

I did not see if anyone was able to adjust the Air Suspension system.....lowering.
seen any mention of this ?
thanks.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:22 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Awesome man.
I read through a lot of the other thread before my iPad died

I did not see if anyone was able to adjust the Air Suspension system.....lowering.
seen any mention of this ?
thanks.
I only saw a question posted about the air suspension in the Cayenne thread, but no info from anyone that has one of these devices, so I don't know.. But considering all the features available, I would expect there to be something.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:22 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts

Can you turn off the auto stop/start function?
Old 12-21-2019, 10:36 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheBen
Can you turn off the auto stop/start function?
This is something several people have tried to do to the Cayenne, and I think we may have figured it out - changes in multiple areas - but I don't have that feature, so can't confirm.

The Macan I have now has the Auto Start/Stop off by default, so it appears to be something that can configured somewhere.
The following users liked this post:
djevans99 (08-08-2023)
Old 12-21-2019, 10:47 PM
Willy07
Racer

Dollar, when you get a chance.......can you have a peek through the menus.......see if you see anything for Suspension and Air.
thanks man !
Old 12-21-2019, 11:01 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Dollar, when you get a chance.......can you have a peek through the menus.......see if you see anything for Suspension and Air.
thanks man !
The closest I was able to find was "Level Control", but this vehicle doesn't have air suspension so it would not open the settings for that to show what is available.

Old 12-21-2019, 11:03 PM
Willy07
Racer

Thank you !
Promising. I need to find one here for Canada.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:58 PM
Kyle Medero
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there an option to totally mute the park assist sounds?

So I'd like the camera to come on automatically, but not make any beeping sounds at all.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:41 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kyle Medero
Is there an option to totally mute the park assist sounds?

So I'd like the camera to come on automatically, but not make any beeping sounds at all.
Not sure. There were a lot of related settings in my Cayenne, but I haven't really dug in to see if you could turn the beeps off... And I took the Macan back this morning, so I can't check it any more.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:23 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I would venture that what variables are available, within the same family group and generation, would be available to others within that "family" assuming the vehicle had that option of course. So what would work on a 2016 Cayenne would also work on a same generation Macan. No?

Kyle, as to volume, isn't there an option to set alarm volumes or even better individual alarm sound levels?

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 12-29-2019, 05:23 PM
Notmac1
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Huge of possible 👍

Originally Posted by dollarlongnecks
Yes, battery change stuff is there as well.
I appreciate all the information you have posted. Being active with several forums this issue of registration for a new battery is huge on the Macan forum as many cars are now facing 5 years of operation. I saw that you stated battery registration is possible but a screen shot was not shown. If possible could you please post that shot to verify many here are looking for that perfect tool and you are the first to offer a solution.
thx Jeff
Old 12-29-2019, 06:40 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Being also very interested in a monitoring tool for the Macan, I asked the vendor on Amazon (kingbolen05@hotmail.com) whether the unit supports battery registration, brake service as well as SRI (service reset interval) for 2020 Macan. I'm assuming most of these basic commands should be backward compatible to the earliest models that had the battery registration feature for example, so it's not due to the newness of my vehicle. Vendor was very timely on other inquiries. Never received an answer.

siberian

Old 12-29-2019, 06:55 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Notmac1
I appreciate all the information you have posted. Being active with several forums this issue of registration for a new battery is huge on the Macan forum as many cars are now facing 5 years of operation. I saw that you stated battery registration is possible but a screen shot was not shown. If possible could you please post that shot to verify many here are looking for that perfect tool and you are the first to offer a solution.
thx Jeff
Didn't take a screenshot of that section, but I saw it... It's one of the main features of this product, and is available for the Cayenne, so I'd imagine the Macan would mirror most functionality.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:58 PM
dollarlongnecks
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by siberian
Being also very interested in a monitoring tool for the Macan, I asked the vendor on Amazon (kingbolen05@hotmail.com) whether the unit supports battery registration, brake service as well as SRI (service reset interval) for 2020 Macan. I'm assuming most of these basic commands should be backward compatible to the earliest models that had the battery registration feature for example, so it's not due to the newness of my vehicle. Vendor was very timely on other inquiries. Never received an answer.

siberian

I'd send questions to the company directly, they probably have better info - sales@cnlaunch.com

Quick Reply: Macan Coding