mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
I'm not stupid.
buddy, you posted a question
some ppl made some jokes.
then some of the most experienced GT4 guys commented to help.
you come back with "i am not stupid".....

some others think this is like other boards. great...

that's exactly why the ppl who can fix these problems remain quiet. bc on good deeds unpunish. b/n shake n bake, me, mech 33 and orthojoe, we have had just about every failure mentioned on this board and MORE.

and those failures will happen in the rest of the GT4...

so you know ur dealer well?
i had past issues that takes a while to duplicate. i either have them drive the car for hours until it shows symptom or i drive until symptom shows and stop at their store and have their tech get in it immediately so the can feel the symptom.

have you had your dealer search internal porsche service sites to see if beside your any other car world wide had similar symptom. they have a "chat" site of sorts that tech will communicate with each other.

i already told you to have them check the wires for PASM. they may not be it. but it's possible some wire frayed. and YES, i dont care what the dealer says, PASM is linked to blipping, we tested it on 6 GT4's.

while unlikely sometimes gateway config may JUMP and the ecu doesn't know your car is GT4. we had that happen as well. they can hook piwis 3 on it and know right away.

your symptom is not common and i am sure will be a lot of exploring to figure it out. the more info you can provide to the dealer the more tools they have to fix it.

now below i am "guessinng"
ur issue is intermittent and happens after prolong driving. perhaps temperature affecting electroics or wires. the cat and header on this car runs REALLY HOT way hotter than any car i have had and i have had a lot of cars. and the header bolts as well as the o2 bungs fail often. hot gas leaks and may cause wire damage. maybe look into that. we had 2 GT4 with some strange limp mode issues we cannot figure out. it was the wire begin melted by cat.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:21 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks, I think telling someone I'm not stupid when they suggested my rev matching was intermittently not working because I turned the car off sport mode was warranted, it's kind of insulting like I clearly have no clue how the car operates. If it was intermittent it would mean I'd be pressing the SPORT button in between some shifts. I'm not an idiot.

Anyway, thanks for your info, I'll share with the dealer some of these kinds of things and see what they say. When I go there with issues they have always sent someone to ride in the car while I drive it so I can duplicate the issue, I assume this will be no different and I'll make sure to shift enough times and get the car warm so it's more likely to be duplicated. My suspicion is that even with the problem duplicated it will still be hard to track down and I'll be driving a base Cayenne for a long time until they find it or give up.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:14 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
If it was intermittent it would mean I'd be pressing the SPORT button in between some shifts. I'm not an idiot.
That's what I did. I guess I'm an idiot. Lol!
Old 01-10-2017, 03:34 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
If idiot means fast on a track.. it's fitting,
Old 01-10-2017, 03:36 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
thanks, I think telling someone I'm not stupid when they suggested my rev matching was intermittently not working because I turned the car off sport mode was warranted, it's kind of insulting like I clearly have no clue how the car operates. If it was intermittent it would mean I'd be pressing the SPORT button in between some shifts. I'm not an idiot.

Anyway, thanks for your info, I'll share with the dealer some of these kinds of things and see what they say. When I go there with issues they have always sent someone to ride in the car while I drive it so I can duplicate the issue, I assume this will be no different and I'll make sure to shift enough times and get the car warm so it's more likely to be duplicated. My suspicion is that even with the problem duplicated it will still be hard to track down and I'll be driving a base Cayenne for a long time until they find it or give up.
Wash sand out of vag? Forum life shouldn't be taken so seriously.. If you can't lol @ yourself, wheres the fun in life?
Old 01-10-2017, 03:48 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Lol! I'll take it!
Old 01-10-2017, 03:48 PM
VLJ
Pro

Where is the joke I'm supposed to laugh at? Half of the replies to this post are pretty dick, I call it out and I'm the problem? Yeah, makes total sense. Can this thread be closed?
Old 01-10-2017, 04:21 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by VLJ
Where is the joke I'm supposed to laugh at? Half of the replies to this post are pretty dick, I call it out and I'm the problem? Yeah, makes total sense. Can this thread be closed?
Yeesh... I tried to explain why you shouldn't be insulted, but that only made things worse. I see how it is.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:35 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Originally Posted by orthojoe
I thought that term only applied to speeding drivers in traffic in town. Learned something new today.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
intermittent it would mean I'd be pressing the SPORT button in between some shifts. I'm not an idiot
By intermittent we don't mean driver involvement. Weird things happen with electronics.....sticking relays, overheating boards, etc. Go on a BMW forum and read about all the electronic gremlins and you'll be thankful we own a fairly low tech car. As a former aircraft technician, intermittent was 80% of the write ups I would have to troubleshoot. I think you're taking this too serious and allowing yourself to revved up by the peanut gallery. The car is under warranty so you'll be taken care of...........Phil
Old 01-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,797 Likes on 1,094 Posts

I can't believe this thread is still going.
OP you can close it yourself.
Maybe you should do so until you actually get this diagnosed by your dealer.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:45 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't close it till ya let us know if it's fixable by the dealer then we'll all learn something and know what to do if it happens to us, thanks in advance 👍
Old 01-11-2017, 03:57 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

^+1
Old 01-11-2017, 10:54 AM
VLJ
Pro

Originally Posted by O5C4R
Don't close it till ya let us know if it's fixable by the dealer then we'll all learn something and know what to do if it happens to us, thanks in advance ��
Maybe I'll just PM those of you who have been friendly.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:56 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
Maybe I'll just PM those of you who have been friendly.
PM me the info and I'll send you a gigantic box of big boy panties

Quick Reply: My rev matching is dying