Sponsored by: APR

My rev matching is dying

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 12:43 PM
PCarOMFS
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
The car spent three days at the dealership, they were unable to duplicate the issue. The car was giving me fits a few days prior to dropping it off with them, but it was a perfect angel on my drive to the dealer. They did a DME update and adjusted the throttle to "the updated spec" and said hopefully/maybe this will fix it but there was no way to verify.

We'll see!
I had rev matching fail while I was on track. I turned the car on and off to cycle the ECU five times. The problem disappeared and did not recur. I recently had my car at the dealer for tech inspection and I asked them to look into it. I was told they found a loose speed sensor that was attached to the transmission. The tech tightened it and said everything else was good so maybe this is your issue as well.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:38 PM
PCarOMFS
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 2cayman
Happened to me today only from 3rd to 2nd under hard braking. Intermittent as well. Maybe a trip to the dealer soon.
Sorry, my response above was meant for you. Not sure how the OP’s issue worked out.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:54 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It has gone undiagnosed, the dealership was unable to duplicate the issue and I just got tired of being annoyed by it.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:43 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts
Default DSC box?

Something mooty said way at the beginning of this post caught my attention.

I just got home from a weekend at ORP. What was unique about this trip was that (a) it's the first time I tried a DSC box (didn't care for it, but that's another topic) and also the first time I noticed my rev matching feature not working consistently. I ended up putting my stock PASM box back after lunch the second day, and didn't have any more rev matching issues that I can recall - although, to be fair, I only did two more sessions that afternoon and I bailed out early because I was corded. Also, "not working consistently" doesn't mean 50% failure or even 10% failure - but I did notice maybe 3 times that my downshift to second didn't rev match like it should have.

I didn't make any connection between the DSC and the rev match failure, and I'm still not - but I'm curious if you have any aftermarket PASM replacement?
Old 10-02-2017, 08:54 PM
2cayman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PCarOMFS
Sorry, my response above was meant for you. Not sure how the OP’s issue worked out.
Thanks. Yes, my experience was on track happened 3-4 times, two different sessions.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:15 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sdillon
Something mooty said way at the beginning of this post caught my attention.

I just got home from a weekend at ORP. What was unique about this trip was that (a) it's the first time I tried a DSC box (didn't care for it, but that's another topic) and also the first time I noticed my rev matching feature not working consistently. I ended up putting my stock PASM box back after lunch the second day, and didn't have any more rev matching issues that I can recall - although, to be fair, I only did two more sessions that afternoon and I bailed out early because I was corded. Also, "not working consistently" doesn't mean 50% failure or even 10% failure - but I did notice maybe 3 times that my downshift to second didn't rev match like it should have.

I didn't make any connection between the DSC and the rev match failure, and I'm still not - but I'm curious if you have any aftermarket PASM replacement?
bone stock
Old 10-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
bone stock
I have several thousand miles on my car with DSC and never an issue with rev matching.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 942 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I have several thousand miles on my car with DSC and never an issue with rev matching.
I have direct communication with hundreds of DSC users and I have done many track demo swaps, my experience has been DSC does not cause rev match issue.

Multiple sensors and control modules are involved in the auto rev matching function. If there's a compromised electric connection in any of the items then it won't work. With that said, if there isn't a perfect connection when swapping the suspension control module(which has 80 contact pins) or a compromised electrical contact in any one of the items that are in the control loop then that could lead to intermediate or permanent issue with auto rev matching.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 10-13-2017, 04:58 PM
2cayman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just left the dealer.....told me if there were not any faults picked up by the PIWIS, then was nothing they could do. Obviously and thankfully, there were no faults recorded. I mentioned some of the comments posted on this thread and the service advisor basically just shrugged his shoulders. I'm going to try another dealer.

Quick Reply: My rev matching is dying