ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 382 Posts

Can we change this thread to "My Rev Match is Dying...and BIKES!"
Old 01-15-2017, 12:19 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

I use a 2010 matte gunmetal Gary Fisher Kaitia on bike paths, don't trust motorists, it's hanging upside down on the Cape at the moment.
http://archive.trekbikes.com/us/en/2...kaitai/details

Someone else was kind enough to take pictures of theirs.
http://www.1jyo.com/contents/bike/fisher/10/kaitai.htm

Name:  kaitai.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  92.9 KB
Old 01-15-2017, 02:34 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
KICKSTAND FTW

wow

you like ENVE sometoimes over LWT?

love passoni and the pink accent.'
i am trying to get cipo to do a pink bike for me. i think they said 7 months... lol, 7 days was too long for me let alone 7 months.

Ouuuch Mooty.....I myself had a crash in mid December, some scars similar to yours but nothing serious. That's what happens when you follow a tire you can't trust!

Since we distribute ENVE and LW and have to ride both (you know PR and image thing...)...but to be honest I ride the LW most of the time.

I know the local Cipo dealer and they for custom paint jobs they are approaching PTS drama!!!!
Old 01-15-2017, 02:36 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d
Was obsessed with road but gave it up when we had our kid. Too chicken. Stick to MTB nowadays. Less chance of dying.

Got enves on my latest build. At least for MTB, they are awesome wheels.

Nice ride!
We distribute Niner's and the top models do come with ENVE...thinking of getting the new Jet 9 RDO in Yellow with matching Enve wheels.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:49 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,799 Likes on 2,375 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Ouuuch Mooty.....I myself had a crash in mid December, some scars similar to yours but nothing serious. That's what happens when you follow a tire you can't trust!

Since we distribute ENVE and LW and have to ride both (you know PR and image thing...)...but to be honest I ride the LW most of the time.

I know the local Cipo dealer and they for custom paint jobs they are approaching PTS drama!!!!
black ice.
legs were more trashed.
i have enve and zip in addition to lwt
lwt looks sexier.
everything with cipo is DRAMA. i ride tarmac more, i ride cipo to impress the clients, look good and to be slower so they cant kind of keep up. when i have to ride fast, i am on specialized.
since u know local dealer, ask him the debacle with joe the a** liar who was the original US distributor who stole lot of money

frankly the italians really need to get their sh*t together. my tarmac is lighter and faster then my NK1K, RB.8K, RB1K, C50, 59 60
only reason i still have a cipo is they warrantied my old one, granted took 7 months.
trek and specialized paint aren't as nice. but in another 2-3 years, tawainese will take out the boutique shops. b/c not many ppl including F1 cars can make CF parts better than what we do in taiwan/japan.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:00 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rk-d
Was obsessed with road but gave it up when we had our kid. Too chicken. Stick to MTB nowadays. Less chance of dying.

Got enves on my latest build. At least for MTB, they are awesome wheels.

LOL there any big rock garden your area?
my first rock garden ride. i was on seven sola hardtail with 63mm fork. i had to pick lines and slow down.... the slower i went, the scarier it became. head angle too steep and flip i went. smart up. got maverick and truth (now u konw how long ago i rode)... no need to pick line, just hold your breath, speed up and hang on. you either make it or make it into the ER.

wife was intern MD, i goto ER often and special treatment hahaha

Originally Posted by 4carl
Funny A friend of mine that i ride with Olivier, bought the company(Stocck). Whats seems insane to me today is what a high end bike costs. I owned a bike shop from 72-75 the best of the best full campy nuvo record pro bikes $600 all in . We sold the first titanium frame sets "Teledyne" for $390 & 3.8lbs and we couldn't give then away. Lugged steel was it! Now you cant buy a 16lb mid line bike for less than 3k and the high end can push 20k ish.nuts! Raced in my 20s for 8yrs. Still ride 6-7k pr yr with 700,000 ft vert. Gave up mtn biking @66 after 9 days in the ICU 4 years ago have a steel plate holding my clavicle together. carl
nice miles and climbs. yes, now bikes are insane money and dont last all that long. or maybe it's just me beatoing them up. my shop always give me the evil eye when i bring my bikes in for fix. "dont you have rain bike? dont you ever lube your chain or clean your bike?" i stared right back, "replace the chain if it skips or stretched, wash and lube the damn bike while you are at it. if it wasn't for customers like me who abuse their steeds, you will be out of business. " now they clean and wax my bikes no problem.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:02 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

black ice.
legs were more trashed.
i have enve and zip in addition to lwt
lwt looks sexier.
everything with cipo is DRAMA. i ride tarmac more, i ride cipo to impress the clients, look good and to be slower so they cant kind of keep up. when i have to ride fast, i am on specialized.
since u know local dealer, ask him the debacle with joe the a** liar who was the original US distributor who stole lot of money

frankly the italians really need to get their sh*t together. my tarmac is lighter and faster then my NK1K, RB.8K, RB1K, C50, 59 60
only reason i still have a cipo is they warrantied my old one, granted took 7 months.
trek and specialized paint aren't as nice. but in another 2-3 years, tawainese will take out the boutique shops. b/c not many ppl including F1 cars can make CF parts better than what we do in taiwan/japan.

I see you know Joe.....local dealer was always fighting with him. Dealer is buying now direct from Italy....not a lot better but things do happen, VERY slow.

I totally agree on products from Taiwan, unless you want full custom the current mas product offerings are pretty impressive. You know what frame really impressed me, the Lightweight Urgestalt. Production is being moved from Taiwan to Germany but I did have one of the first one. Really great ride. But if you like Tarmac maybe you are more into the faster, more rigid and agile bikes...Storcks are like that. Too bad their geometry is not for everyone and have only two sizes for 95% of our customers.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:11 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jmartpr
I see you know Joe.....local dealer was always fighting with him. Dealer is buying now direct from Italy....not a lot better but things do happen, VERY slow.

I totally agree on products from Taiwan, unless you want full custom the current mas product offerings are pretty impressive. You know what frame really impressed me, the Lightweight Urgestalt. Production is being moved from Taiwan to Germany but I did have one of the first one. Really great ride. But if you like Tarmac maybe you are more into the faster, more rigid and agile bikes...Storcks are like that. Too bad their geometry is not for everyone and have only two sizes for 95% of our customers.
1. i dont know joe, i know of him. we issued him and cipo legal letters b/c their warranty is essentially fraud. 10 year warranty and the way my frame broke could kill me and cause fatal accidents to cars following me. and as you know CA is very protective of consumers. anyways, someone moved the process along and i got NK1K. joe is POS. he tried to sell used frame as new. he's not on IG anymore, but he was. i called him many times. the stories he makes up.... i am old now. if i was younger, he will be dead as in DEAD.

1.5 i think joe at one point also distributed cipollini? he sold me some wheels cheaper. i asked for clinchers but tubular showed up. i didn't contest it with him, my time is worth more money. but it left bad taste in my mouth.

2. wait dealers are buying direct from manufacturer? wrench science told me there is a new distributor in place??? such a tiny little industry why so many stories.

3. lwt frame is nicely made but it is a bit like french frames, smooth and comfy. not as "urgent" as tarmac or cipo

4. NK1k and RB1k are both really fast handling. or maybe i shoudl say twitchier than tarmac. but still rideable. i rode storck. it is NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. u have to be committed coming down a hills. any hesitation, you are history. a bike for younger man.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:22 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

1. i dont know joe, i know of him. we issued him and cipo legal letters b/c their warranty is essentially fraud. 10 year warranty and the way my frame broke could kill me and cause fatal accidents to cars following me. and as you know CA is very protective of consumers. anyways, someone moved the process along and i got NK1K. joe is POS. he tried to sell used frame as new. he's not on IG anymore, but he was. i called him many times. the stories he makes up.... i am old now. if i was younger, he will be dead as in DEAD.

1.5 i think joe at one point also distributed cipollini? he sold me some wheels cheaper. i asked for clinchers but tubular showed up. i didn't contest it with him, my time is worth more money. but it left bad taste in my mouth.

2. wait dealers are buying direct from manufacturer? wrench science told me there is a new distributor in place??? such a tiny little industry why so many stories.

3. lwt frame is nicely made but it is a bit like french frames, smooth and comfy. not as "urgent" as tarmac or cipo

4. NK1k and RB1k are both really fast handling. or maybe i shoudl say twitchier than tarmac. but still rideable. i rode storck. it is NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. u have to be committed coming down a hills. any hesitation, you are history. a bike for younger man.

Don't know him either, but every time I visited the dealer the stories were never-ending. Funny you mentioned selling old frames as new...that happened to the local dealer. He got a couple of frames as new but upon closer inspection the frames were used!!! I think everything got settled over long and tedious back and forth phone calls. Last time I talked with the dealer he told me he was dealing direct with Italy, but could be that he does deal with US and Italy depending on who has the stock. I know for special paint he orders from Italy and takes a very LOOONG time.

Yeah...the LW frame is kind of like a Look on the feel. Maybe I'm getting too old! The Passoni NeroXL I specified tubing for sprinting and I'm no lightweight, so it's more geared for stiffness than comfort.. That's the good thing about full custom as you can specify and tune the ride...of course for a lot of $$$$.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:42 PM
VLJ
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The car spent three days at the dealership, they were unable to duplicate the issue. The car was giving me fits a few days prior to dropping it off with them, but it was a perfect angel on my drive to the dealer. They did a DME update and adjusted the throttle to "the updated spec" and said hopefully/maybe this will fix it but there was no way to verify.

We'll see!
Old 01-27-2017, 12:47 PM
drwuss
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will keep my fingers crossed
Old 01-27-2017, 01:55 PM
bretster
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VLJ
The car spent three days at the dealership, they were unable to duplicate the issue!
Every electrical problem ever...
Old 01-27-2017, 10:11 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 76 Posts

Keep the RPM's up and you shouldn't have a issue.........Phil
Old 10-01-2017, 10:46 PM
2cayman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened to me today only from 3rd to 2nd under hard braking. Intermittent as well. Maybe a trip to the dealer soon.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:52 AM
aryork
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by 2cayman
Happened to me today only from 3rd to 2nd under hard braking. Intermittent as well. Maybe a trip to the dealer soon.
Please start a new thread when you have more information. Some of the bike photos are cool, but I can't take it!

Quick Reply: My rev matching is dying