GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Used GT4 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016 | 02:22 AM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

How can we convince mooty to sell me his Slate Grey GT4 at cost?
I'll see myself out.
Old 09-25-2016 | 03:03 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rennlistdavid
How can we convince mooty to sell me his Slate Grey GT4 at cost?
I'll see myself out.
but i dont have a slate gray GT4, yellow, white and blue sure...

Originally Posted by Spyerx
You can't understand the allure until you drive one. They suck you in.
looks who's talking hahaha

david, "solve on problem and then next until all are solved" to me that's an engineer. i am a designer by training (architect, brick and mortar, not computer stuff.... tech and architect should never be used together, but that's a subject for another day). most good designers are formalist pigs. they solve no problems, they design with the heart and eyes. to solve problem is an aftermath. i have yet to see a good design that started with the mandate of solving a problem. anyways, i digressed.

GT4 is a great toy. drive it. you will know if you liek it or not. price will drop a little then will firm up.
Old 09-25-2016 | 03:08 AM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

Whoops. My bad.

I was looking at https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...buckets-3.html - and was at the top of page 3 and not the top of page 1.
Old 09-25-2016 | 03:11 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

^ lol no prob bud. sometimes i can't remember what i have in which garage either.
Old 09-25-2016 | 03:39 AM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gtreddy
I don't disagree with most of your statements. I took a hit on the e90. But you did state statistics to prove a point that were biased based off the fact that you weren't comparing apples to apples. New to new.

Also,

1) 360mm brakes on the E90 are not small and only 20 mm smaller than the GT4. For a novice, the calipers will not matter.

2) Specs and good reviews do not necessarily make it a good value for you. For example, there is no doubt the ACR Viper Extreme is the best value for money as a sports car (at a cost not dissimilar to the GT4), but a novice driver would be paying a lot for something they wouldn't be able to exploit.

3) I would recommend reading the warranty booklet. GT4 is not covered under warranty on the track. There is no exception for GTX cars. In fact, GTX cars are the only cars Porsche does not offer extended warranties on.

"This Warranty Does Not Cover:"... "Abuse, accident, acts of God, competition, racing, track use, or other events."

http://files.porsche.com/filestore/d...nformation.pdf
Well I'll call myself wrong. I figured since they include a booklet called "driving on the circuit" or whatever it's called along with the heavy marketing about track use that tracking is covered. There is a huge thread in the GT3 forum of multiple owners experiencing engine failures on track getting them replaced. Sure if you money shift a GT4 on track you're screwed, but they won't deny a warranty claim on the car because it's tracked regularly.

I'll have to reread the manuals. The driving on the circuits manual would certainly seem to directly contradict the language you cited above.

Edit: In fact the manual says the warranty is voided if you track the car with slicks. I'll dig out the manuals tomorrow. I'm pretty damn sure track use is covered. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Old 09-25-2016 | 03:55 AM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

Originally Posted by bk_911
There is a huge thread in the GT3 forum of multiple owners experiencing engine failures on track getting them replaced.
I followed that thread for awhile when I was looking at the GT3. Read every post from the start.

The heavy track guys in that thread aren't sad about that engine issue, they are thrilled that it has (their words, not mine) "extended track insurance."

Now, if anyone of them actually showed up to the dealer and said they were on the track when it happened? We'd have to ask.
Old 09-25-2016 | 04:03 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

There is a huge thread in the GT3 forum of multiple owners experiencing engine failures on track getting them replaced
. If you look a little closer at that thread you'll find it is the 14 GT3 which appears to have a track warranty. PAG changed the wording in the 15 manual. However, Porsche has done a lot of good will repairs on GT cars in the past. The 991.1 GT3 does seem to have a design/manufacturing issue with the cam, followers and oiling.

Last edited by Alan C.; 09-25-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2016 | 04:12 AM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Ok so i'll eat my words. The warranty manual does have language that invalidates the new car warranty under track use however the language is confusing at best.

Name:  photo443.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  1.08 MB

It says they "may" not be covered right under the bullet above. And the inclusion of the track manual. Anyway whatever. This car is better than any M car i've owned and worth the money. I can stand by that opinion
Old 09-25-2016 | 02:03 PM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

Default No VIN listed, really?

Anyone know anything about this one? GT4 Autotrader Ad with no Vin

I find it odd they wouldn't include a VIN.

I did ask the seller why no VIN in his ad. No response yet. I don't want to get all conspiracy theory or anything just yet, but of the dozens of dozens of Porsche Autotrader ads I've looked at, it's the first I've seen with no VIN listed.

As for the market, and the "USED GT4 Prices" thread in general: it's 11.45% over sticker at 1800 miles. That's higher than the average. If you filter out cars without buckets from your sample pool, then it's just a bit above where it should be, but it could be argued to be a rounding error given the extras.

I really like this one and hope the seller gets back to me soon.
Old 09-25-2016 | 02:43 PM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

This one is optioned almost exactly how my reference configuration from Porsche looks.

I am not a massive fan of painted trim and center console, but white on white with the red contrast makes this one tastefully done. The picture quality isn't high enough to know either way and I've never seen a white trim painted version in person.

I see 3x more (standard) black or white with yellow deviated, than red deviated. It's a personal preference purely for vanity, but I like the white car with red deviated stitching with red seat belts with the red irons more than the black or white car with yellow deviated stitching with yellow seat belts with the red ceramics.

I am trying to avoid the PCCBs, I read the entire PCCB vs IRON threads here on Rennlist. Not trying to resurrect any conversation here.

This one is at a premium at 20% over MSRP. That price climbs into the Paint To Sample tax, and I still have to get it to California. Given that I really like the Carrera White, I'd probably pay above my comfort zone to get the exact combination I like.

I asked this dealer very bluntly if they would deal or not. They helpfully responded with 3 exact copies of the same auto-responder email. Internet sales at dealerships are so unbelievably non-tech savvy that it actually annoys me.
Old 09-25-2016 | 04:47 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

This one is optioned almost exactly how my reference configuration from Porsche looks.

I am not a massive fan of painted trim and center console, but white on white with the red contrast makes this one tastefully done. The picture quality isn't high enough to know either way and I've never seen a white trim painted version in person.

I see 3x more (standard) black or white with yellow deviated, than red deviated. It's a personal preference purely for vanity, but I like the white car with red deviated stitching with red seat belts with the red irons more than the black or white car with yellow deviated stitching with yellow seat belts with the red ceramics.

I am trying to avoid the PCCBs, I read the entire PCCB vs IRON threads here on Rennlist. Not trying to resurrect any conversation here.

This one is at a premium at 20% over MSRP. That price climbs into the Paint To Sample tax, and I still have to get it to California. Given that I really like the Carrera White, I'd probably pay above my comfort zone to get the exact combination I like.

I asked this dealer very bluntly if they would deal or not. They helpfully responded with 3 exact copies of the same auto-responder email. Internet sales at dealerships are so unbelievably non-tech savvy that it actually annoys me.
Edit: I think this is Jenner's old car which was sold a month or two ago. Not sure why the new owner is selling it after only a few months of ownership.
Old 09-25-2016 | 05:25 PM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

Thank you. Jenner reached out to me. Dealership is closed but I have a contact so maybe I can try and figure out what story exists post-Jenner.
Old 09-26-2016 | 02:21 PM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

Would you buy a GT4 with (1) stage 4 over-rev? Would you buy at GT4 with (1) stage 4 over-rev if it was CPOd?

When I get the full DME report, I feel like I am going to need help interpreting it.
Old 09-26-2016 | 02:29 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Would you buy a GT4 with (1) stage 4 over-rev? Would you buy at GT4 with (1) stage 4 over-rev if it was CPOd?

When I get the full DME report, I feel like I am going to need help interpreting it.
Stage 1 and 2 mean absolutely nothing. Zero. Nada. Anyone who thinks otherwise is paranoid. Stage 3 would give me some pause. Stage 4 and above walk away.
Old 09-26-2016 | 02:42 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Is this from the Wallingford car?

Quick Reply: Used GT4 Prices