Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Used GT4 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016 | 09:50 PM
electronspeeder
Instructor

Originally Posted by Buteo
My friend that's a dealer sent me a text this am. A GT4 went across the auction.

-2800 miles
-sapphire blue
-carbon buckets
-steel brakes
A few other cheaper options.

Sold at 102k
That's nuts, these cars are holding value strong! I have an automated search across all Craigslist markets for GT4s and they are still commanding a 10-20k premium.
Old 09-09-2016 | 09:51 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MarkG123
Decided to keep my GT4 after reading this thread. (I removed my listing on Rennlist Classifieds.)
One less for sale! Price just went up 1 dollar!
Old 09-10-2016 | 04:38 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by konaforever
One less for sale! Price just went up 1 dollar!
Aware of another that was totaled recently - so make the up $2!
Old 09-10-2016 | 06:50 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MarkG123
Decided to keep my GT4 after reading this thread. (I removed my listing on Rennlist Classifieds.)
Smart choice
Old 09-10-2016 | 07:43 PM
blackmist27
Instructor

Not sure why some people are surprised that the value of the GT4 is holding. this is the best sports car on the planet for the money. dollar for dollar you cant beat it.
Old 09-10-2016 | 07:46 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blackmist27
Not sure why some people are surprised that the value of the GT4 is holding. this is the best sports car on the planet for the money. dollar for dollar you cant beat it.
I would say the same about the new Spyder. It's a crazy fun car.
Old 09-10-2016 | 07:51 PM
RNGRJAG
Instructor

Mark, actually I am surprised Spyders are depreciating. They are not holding value as well as GT4s, even though they were produced in fewer numbers and they are a blast on the road. Spyders can be found for below MSRP while GT4s are going for above MSRP. At some point folks may catch on to the Spyder. Hasn't happened yet, however.
Old 09-10-2016 | 08:08 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RNGRJAG
Mark, actually I am surprised Spyders are depreciating. They are not holding value as well as GT4s, even though they were produced in fewer numbers and they are a blast on the road. Spyders can be found for below MSRP while GT4s are going for above MSRP. At some point folks may catch on to the Spyder. Hasn't happened yet, however.
Ok, so maybe not holding value as well as GT4, but I'd still say the same in terms of one of the best sports cars for the $.

The car is so much fun, that I'm ok with normal depreciation. I'd hate for it to become as valuable as some cars and then me be nervous to drive it.
Old 09-11-2016 | 12:54 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Top Gear UK still loves the GT4... one of the finalists for "most fun" in their latest issue.

Old 09-11-2016 | 04:15 AM
GT4VR
Instructor

People put way too much emphasis on MSRP. Actual value and original price don't always go hand in hand. MSRP doesn't have to be a reflection of the cost of production or what's "fair". The price is just a guess before any sales take place.

With a sophisticated and mature industry like the auto industry that guess is highly educated and tends to be accurate in terms of balancing the sales price vs the sales volume that will maximize profits. (Of course, they also take into account long term effects on the value of the brand and long term profitability across all product lines - hence limited production lines when there is proven demand for more volume.)

Point is, I wouldn't use MSRP as a limit when it comes to the GT4 since no more are being produced. The price today is the correct price reflecting supply and demand for today's age and condition of this car and as reflected by what alternatives are available.
Old 09-11-2016 | 12:16 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Fk people who cares. it's a mass produced car. IT WILL DEPRECIATE.

FWIW I talked to a dealer principal the other day on some of these used prices. These highly paid prices for GT cars and even Cayennes and the like at auctions are done to keep volume in the store and for GT4 cars use to generate traffic. They can afford to pay higher prices. Does that define the market? Not necessarily. They may even resell at a loss to make $ in other areas, like financing, service plans, etc.

An individual seller will be in a different position.
Old 09-11-2016 | 12:55 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Fk people who cares. it's a mass produced car. IT WILL DEPRECIATE.
THANK YOU!!!!
The hand wringing about value is irritating.

One thing that has never made sense to me is not driving a car because the value has gone up. Why would that stop someone from driving a car? It should make you want to the drive the car MORE because it's such a great car! Everyone should have bought the car knowing it would depreciate. If the value goes up, it's a huge bonus! Why would you punish yourself instead and not use the car? The only reasons I can think of why people wouldnt use the car is:
1) You couldn't afford the car to begin with or paid way over msrp and want to get every single penny back (you won't)
2) You bought it to bubble wrap and use as an investment to make money (you won't)

Buy the car. Enjoy the car. When you are ready to move on, sell the car for whatever someone is willing to pay at that point.
Old 09-11-2016 | 01:32 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

And even if it does it's like watching your house in NorCal appreciate, it only matters when you sell it.
Old 09-11-2016 | 01:37 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RDCR
And even if it does it's like watching your house in NorCal appreciate, it only matters when you sell it.
Exactly!
It's not like people move out of their home when it appreciates?
Old 09-11-2016 | 03:19 PM
blackmist27
Instructor

Value matters to me. i tend to jump cars rather frequently. i have done well with some more enthusiast cars in the past. example: e46 m3, bmw 1M, STi. however this is the most expensive car i have owned yet. so dont want to get too burned if i decide to sell. however point well taken, you gotta enjoy your car because what was the point if dont want to add miles on it for the purposes of resell value?

Quick Reply: Used GT4 Prices