Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Best Track Times in a GT4

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 01:01 PM
Chris Hebert
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Any thoughts on evolving this thread to a more "database" like format?

We would need a few guys to edit and keep the DB update, but I would be willing to contribute to that. For example -- First we'd have to get all of Matt's data in grid format, then we'd have to catchup on any posts that were not recorded. then we'd probably have to neaten up format - maybe some views, but no guarantees. Then, new posts that come in, an editor would have to update.

Something like this ---> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...NXuACTUPR3sqjY

If interested in being an editor - let me know in PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:44 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

Alternative thought:

It just so happens I own a software company. I've kicked around the idea of a leaderboard app for a while now. Something that would record basic car setup - stock vs modded, tires (street vs slick) not only for Porsche but for any make and model. That way, a user could see where they stand relative to other similarly prepared cars, as well as the hardcore track guys for any track in the system. Every post with a video link assumed to be true until users point out the issue and an editor makes a determination.

I've wanted something like this for myself for a while now. Not just to compare times with others, but also with myself to quantify the outcome of mods, tire choices and pressures, etc.

Any interest in something like this?
Old 05-29-2019, 05:46 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Oh - Chris, I didn't mean to imply that a Google doc spreadsheet isn't a decent idea, too. Just floating a trial balloon.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:06 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sdillon
Alternative thought:

It just so happens I own a software company. I've kicked around the idea of a leaderboard app for a while now. Something that would record basic car setup - stock vs modded, tires (street vs slick) not only for Porsche but for any make and model. That way, a user could see where they stand relative to other similarly prepared cars, as well as the hardcore track guys for any track in the system. Every post with a video link assumed to be true until users point out the issue and an editor makes a determination.

I've wanted something like this for myself for a while now. Not just to compare times with others, but also with myself to quantify the outcome of mods, tire choices and pressures, etc.

Any interest in something like this?
Great minds think alike! I too started to get the hankering to use my dev skills to build something. I think there is an opportunity especially if you can partner with rennlist community somehow.

I hope you put something together!

you should also take a look at fastestlaps.com and some existing resources out there but they are not very good IMO
Old 05-30-2019, 10:52 AM
Chris Hebert
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pkh
you should also take a look at fastestlaps.com and some existing resources out there but they are not very good IMO
Yah, fastestlaps is not too good imo either. I took another look at it yesterday before writing to see if it seems like a way to go -- i don't think so. It also seems to be more for the Randy Pobst, magazine type laps.

So, PM for anyone who wants to help too. We need some backup ppl - i think at least 3 ppl just in case 1-2 end up rubber side "UP" at the track,etc.

In the mean time, I'll bring that google sheet up to current a little at a time. Once it's good, we can maybe have Matt add the link to the top of the thread , etc.
One more idea, in addition to pointing to Video of the lap, we can expand this to have .VBOX/GPS data to help us all get faster, safer more efficient drivers.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:51 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

I agree, fastestlaps.com is not what I"m after. I realize part of the problem with fastestlaps.com is just participation, but beyond that, there doesn't seem to be any way of filtering by car class or setup. It's one thing to know that a Radical did it in 1:30 and that's interesting but irrelevant to me. I'd like to know where other GT4s are at, and what tires they were on, etc. And I might want to check out "roughly comparable" cars, too - 911s, GT350s, etc. I want to know what I might be able to shoot for, as well as get an idea of what mods seem to be the path to get there. The app should save filtering criteria between uses so I'm always looking at stock GT4s or modified 911s or whatever, regardless of track. And if the app had provision for you to define your car setup - not to the Nth degree, but enough detail to be useful - and include that setup with each post, I would find that very helpful.

Great idea on a place to attach vbox data, too.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:58 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

You could preload it with a lot of the existing lap data / videos out there. Would be time consuming but having a lot of content right off the bat would make it more likely to get traction with users.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:13 PM
CrazyFast
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First time to Mid-Ohio this week, and was able to post a 1:38.10. Would have been into the mid 1:37's if not for some traffic that caused a couple of off-line corners. Also first time on Hoosiers, but starting to get a handle on these awesome tires. Mods: suspension, track alignment, R7's. Thanks to 24Chromium for showing what's actually possible at Mid-Ohio (although I have some work to get to his insanely good time)!

Old 06-03-2019, 10:53 AM
ndamiani
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time running with Speed District out at Streets of Willow. What a fantastic organizer - I don't know why I haven't done one of their events sooner. This also marked my first time using a transponder, so now I actually know how slow I am.

Date: 05/31/2019
Track: Willow Springs - Streets of Willow (CW)
Fastest Lap: 1:25.932
Specs/mods: Forgeline GS1Rs on RE-71Rs (front: 265/35/19, rear: 295/35/19), Dundon race headers+Dundon tune, DSC Sport Controller, SPMS Stage 1 suspension kit

Sorry for the potato quality:
Old 06-07-2019, 12:25 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

A couple more digits off best PIR lap. Tires were on their 5th day, this setup is working good for tire wear and performance.

PIR 1:22.8 BMW Club 6/6/19
Alignment bits
3.8 / 3 degrees camber
Forgeline 19 + RE71R 265/295
Tarret spring kit
BMC Filter
Sway bar settings: Medium / Hard
Old 06-07-2019, 12:54 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Whoa...-3.8 front camber! Now that's a lot of neg camber
My sway bars are at Med/Med......I think will try Hard on the rear on the next event.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:12 PM
FrugalB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pkh
A couple more digits off best PIR lap. Tires were on their 5th day, this setup is working good for tire wear and performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC1bSfGHiwo

PIR 1:22.8 BMW Club 6/6/19
Alignment bits
3.8 / 3 degrees camber
Forgeline 19 + RE71R 265/295
Tarret spring kit
BMC Filter
Sway bar settings: Medium / Hard

Nicely Done! When I read the track best for PIR, I thought 1:24 didn't seem that fast. Good work on the 1:22!
Old 09-23-2019, 02:31 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Personal best at Utah Motorsport Campus's FULL track config: 3:15.81

Spent Hoosiers on 19" Forgeline GSR1, usual suspension bits, Cargraphics headers, throttle body, etc.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:37 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

...and the day before, did a 2:08.97 on the OUTER config:

Old 09-23-2019, 04:05 PM
idyfohu
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

@sdillon good to see another Utahn on here! I've yet to run the full or outer loop configurations, but they look awesome. Do you run any of the NASA events as well?

Quick Reply: Best Track Times in a GT4